The media fawning over a defeat last night

two2tango

Official Ticketer
unbelieveble

They got beat off bayern reserves

They had two shots on target over 90 minutes yet listening to Sutton et all they were magnificent

Turd polishing at its best

They were decent last night from what I saw but the second it went 1-1 Bayern moved up about 3 gears and played less keep ball and more let's try get a winner. Which they did get quite quickly. The idea Bayern were on the rack is ridiculous but there was an element of there for the taking mainly down to the fact it was a 2nd or 3rd string team in certain positions.

Hate to say it, they played well last night! Only tuned in as I was hoping to see a pumping! Hopefully it’s not long before we have these nights back at Ibrox. Yes, the media are over playing in, hardly a surprise though

Had the misfortune of catching bbc news last night at half 10 and heard the little that McLaughlin say ‘Dembele came close to giving them the lead’ I expected some world class save from the keeper but no he jumped with a defender at the back post and the ball out at the junction of the 6 yard box and the goal line. I wouldn’t even have counted that as a shot let alone call it close!!

I watched the 2nd half after getting in from football training.

Firstly, they did play well. There's no shame in admitting that, they do look many levels above the rest of Scottish Football at the moment. But......

It was a Bayern Reserve Team, plus Bayern have been rotten this season so it was hardly them proving they can compete with Europe's best as was continually being forced down our throats. Lets see how they do over in Paris if PSG put anywhere near a full strength team out.

The commentary was unbearable though. 17 clubs there to watch Keiran Tierney! :D :D :D

The atmosphere at The Piggery looked good to be fair to them. I can't bear the b*stards but the sooner we get Safe Standing into our ground the better.

They were at home against an under-strength team with no strikers.

It's not 'staunch' to say our media's praise of another defeat was unmerited.

"It feels like a win" BBC

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you about how good Celtic played so all I'll say is that I'd be delighted if Rangers put in a performance like that against that particular "under strength" Bayern side.

I also don't take my opinions straight from the BBC. I form them using a variety of evidence, and last night I used my eyes.

I watched the 2nd half after getting in from football training.

Firstly, they did play well. There's no shame in admitting that, they do look many levels above the rest of Scottish Football at the moment. But......

It was a Bayern Reserve Team, plus Bayern have been rotten this season so it was hardly them proving they can compete with Europe's best as was continually being forced down our throats. Lets see how they do over in Paris if PSG put anywhere near a full strength team out.

The commentary was unbearable though. 17 clubs there to watch Keiran Tierney! :D :D :D

The atmosphere at The Piggery looked good to be fair to them. I can't bear the b*stards but the sooner we get Safe Standing into our ground the better.

There’s isn’t any safe standing in UEFA competitions.

The played very well. Doesn't make us any less staunch for admitting reality.

There is no denying that they played well. Bayern on the other hand fielded a second string team and played as poorly as they are capable of playing. Celtic still lost. That says it all.

They will never get a better opportunity to take something from a game with one of the elite teams.

For them to make it out as though they can now compete at this level on the back of that game last night is madness.

There is no denying that they played well. Bayern on the other hand fielded a second string team and played as poorly as they are capable of playing. Celtic still lost. That says it all.

They will never get a better opportunity to take something from a game with one of the elite teams.

For them to make it out as though they can now compete at this level on the back of that game last night is madness.

I agree with both statements.

That second string team was still quite impressive though.

The played very well. Doesn't make us any less staunch for admitting reality.

I really don't think they did, they fought hard against a good team who left four of their first team back in Germany.

They got beat at home by a weakened team who know 2nd place in the group is a sure thing, Munich played a very laid back style for almost the entire 90 minutes, and when they found themselves tied at 1-1 they simply went straight up the park and stuck in the winner before playing out the rest of the game on relative comfort.

So, a weakened team, without their star striker, away from home, sure to qualify, not really having to play at top gear, win at the Piggery, yet somehow the media (especially BT Sport) are cumming all over themselves?.........

And you think they have a point?

Just lol.

Had the misfortune of catching bbc news last night at half 10 and heard the little that McLaughlin say ‘Dembele came close to giving them the lead’ I expected some world class save from the keeper but no he jumped with a defender at the back post and the ball out at the junction of the 6 yard box and the goal line. I wouldn’t even have counted that as a shot let alone call it close!!

that was the one that made me laugh - headed straight into the ground, well wide of goal. close was comical description.

Just heard Chis McLaughlin on radio2 telling the nation how this should not be viewed as a defeat and such progress has been made by Celtic, oh and they got beat, full deflection from BBC CFC supporteers club

(And I don’t mean from the parish priest).

After the fun and frivolity of last night, how is your local, unfriendly shettleston taking their defeat snatched from the jaws of draw last night?

I thought FF might like to hear the tales of anguish, pain and paranaoia from your Celtc supporting compadres, you know, the big issue seller, the beggar asking for change when you get the morning coffee, the drunk raking in the bins for fag dowps...

I watched the BT Sport “Goals” show last night (highly recommend it by the way) to keep track of all the CL games. They were also praising C****c’s performance and the pundits were saying, basically, that they deserved a better result. The particular pundits on this show (James Richardson plus 3 Europeans) are excellent and have no agenda, so perhaps, just perhaps, they did play OK. It’s not always media fawning.

That said, decent performance or not, they still got beat by a significantly weakened Bayern team, which is nice.

"Glorious "in defeat
"Fantastic "in failure.
Question what national team manager just got humped for exactly the same results ?
Did you win?,did you lose?,did you draw?,---lost again,some improvement ffs,move on.

They played OK but it has the hysteria and lack of context that was the problem. Sutton stated Tierney is the best British born left back in the UK. Didn’t claim it mind, stated it as a fact. There was not one mention of Bayern’s injury issues in the run up to this game, not one mention of the fact they might have been saving themselves for Dortmund at the weekend and only doing enough to win. It was a cheerleading exercise from beginning to end with an embarrassing lack of analysis or insight. Par for the course in other words.

Timmy got beat off a reserve sjde. That's the reality. The clear disdain for them by Bayern should be the main focus. They may be big fish in Scotland but the reality is that they are a wee diddy team in CL terms. A full strength BM team would have horsed them. Liewells mhedia puppets have been sent out to the MASSes to enhance the myth. The real story is that Brenda still can't deliver in Europe. Another DVD awaits Timmy in time for Xmas.

"Fantastic "in failure,its all trait that we have come to accept and "big up "in Scotland,especially from the mhedia,and our t.v.so called expert pundits.

Kind of lost the appetite for "How are they taking it" threads after the multi page thread with the same title in relation to our summer signing spree.

Apparently they are writing to uefa, to be given 3 points as well, as they played so well and there fans were so 'amazing'.

Two girls on the bus were "it it last night" and said it was "some gemme" and "we shoudy won".

Fking mutants.

Watching Chris McLaughlin report on the Scottish news last night, you would honestly have thought the scum won five nil

I really don't think they did, they fought hard against a good team who left four of their first team back in Germany.

They got beat at home by a weakened team who know 2nd place in the group is a sure thing, Munich played a very laid back style for almost the entire 90 minutes, and when they found themselves tied at 1-1 they simply went straight up the park and stuck in the winner before playing out the rest of the game on relative comfort.

So, a weakened team, without their star striker, away from home, sure to qualify, not really having to play at top gear, win at the Piggery, yet somehow the media (especially BT Sport) are cumming all over themselves?.........

And you think they have a point?

Just lol.
You can lol all you want. I've watched enough football over the years to spot a decent performance against a good side.

I pelt tims for being pathetic so I'm not going to fall in to their trap.

Every team in on the planet, apart from one(?) is after Glasgow’s second best left back this morning after their imperious performance against Bayern’s reserves, they were only vice winners because of the Cheating Krauts huge budgetary advantage which isnae fair!

I watched the game and the scum played pretty well, particularly Forrest & Armstrong. That being said, Bayern only looked like getting serious for the 5 minutes after the equalizer. I genuinely thought they played in 2nd gear, just wanted the points won and the fixture out the way.
A typical UCL big team v wee team game.

You can lol all you want. I've watched enough football over the years to spot a decent performance against a good side.

I pelt tims for being or pathetic so I'm not going to fall in to their trap.

We have been beat or drew in Europe after playing well (Seville and Valencia at home spring to mind) and have never ever had the fawning vice victory shite from the press.

Last edited:
Back