The media fawning over a defeat last night

unconnected parts of the scorrish media are trooping out the same crap. "a step forward" "didnt feel like a defeat" any sane person would suspect theyre reading from a prepared press release.

Its strange how Tierney is the best left back money can buy but he is part of a defence that has conceded 25 goals in 10 champions league games

Also strange how the best left back in British football can't displace Andy Robertson at international level and looked like a wee schoolboy in the previous away game at Bayern and the PSG defeat at home.

They must be controlling the media well. It sounded like they tore Bayern reserves apart and deserved something from the game.

It's a new thing, celebrating the performance apparently. I've never heard of it in all my years following football. It must be a right cringey, Celtic-minded thing.

They haven't won a game at home in the CL for 3 years ... 2 of those under the tranny shagger . Those are the facts

PSG away will be their acid test - after all they were valiant against BM etc etc etc

I hope PGS run up a cricket score leaving no doubt about the yahoos in Europe, Scottish press excluded of course.

You have to wonder how long it will be before the piglets lose interest in the champions league if they keep on qualifying every year.

Ok, the money is good, but there must come a point when you get sick of spending money seeing your team getting pumped every year and know that you will never be able to compete.

Pretty sure if we start winning the league and qualifying, the novelty of playing in it and getting pumped all the time would wear off after a couple of seasons. Or maybe we will have a manager who is a bit more pragmatic than Rodgers and try to prevent this happening.

You have to wonder how long it will be before the piglets lose interest in the champions league if they keep on qualifying every year.

Ok, the money is good, but there must come a point when you get sick of spending money seeing your team getting pumped every year and know that you will never be able to compete.

Pretty sure if we start winning the league and qualifying, the novelty of playing in it and getting pumped all the time would wear off after a couple of seasons. Or maybe we will have a manager who is a bit more pragmatic than Rodgers and try to prevent this happening.

Reading some of the comments in the mhedia, and the more thoughtful mhanks are saying that this is as good as it gets and that it would cost 100 million to get to the next level and that is money they don't have and will never have.

This is Scotland the backwater of football where defeat is dressed up by the media as valiant endeavour, ill luck and progress when any club other than Rangers are involved. Meanwhile back in the real world of football the verdict on last night's 'glorious' defeat is that Bayern Munich sent out a seriously weakened side due to their confidence that such a side would get the 3 points. This they did without ever seriously looking in trouble and sealed their entry to the final 16 while condemning Celtic to their level. English managers, media and supporters looking in have their belief that Rogers is at best a Championship level manager confirmed and that Scottish football is a joke.

When p s g hammer them next all you you will hear is a great defensive display or some other bullshit

We're not far away from them hailing a 4-0 hammering in Paris against PSG reserves as some kind of morale victory. It's a joke to call any of those involved in this display of public arse kissing journalists.

I’m not sure if I’ve said it here before but compare and contrast the media reaction to their defeat to the time we drew against Barca and almost snatched a win...

I’m not sure if I’ve said it here before but compare and contrast the media reaction to their defeat to the time we drew against Barca and almost snatched a win...

They can't do that because it would call into question the tactical awareness of Saint Brendan.

Under Walter Smith, we adapted our tactics to the teams we were playing. Under Saint Brendan, the mhanks don't change their approach, attempt to pay 'expansive' football and get gubbed.

Reminds me of the time they almost wanked themselves into a coma the night they beat Juventus' 12th team.

I really home that the Belgians pick up a point against Bayern then pull off a 98th minute winner at the Paedo Dome to pump them oot !

St Brendan is already talking up their extended run in the Europa !!!

time for the Football gods to strike these vermin down

It's the old Craigie Broon defence about getting gubbed with style when you realise your team just isn't good enough to compete.

In fairness, I thought Forrest played very well. Hope they keep faith with Gordon as he's a liability IMO.

They haven't won a game at home in the CL for 3 years ... 2 of those under the tranny shagger . Those are the facts
dont let the facts get in the way of a feel good story from that mob, they got beat for feck sake had misfortune of listening to the apologists on bbc scotland i actually thought they had won

A 2-1lose at home is a 2-1 lose at home. Unless you play in green and grey hoops. As for Sutton. He spouts more shite than 'Ol Red socks.:mad:

Remember the 1.1 dead rubber draw against Man City reserves last year .A moral victory for ra poops n rat .

Hmm, are we forgetting - and there are lots of examples but this one sticks out - that when Inter beat us 1-0 in 05/06 the back page of a red top called us "San Heroes"?

PSG away will be their acid test - after all they were valiant against BM etc etc etc

I hope PGS run up a cricket score leaving no doubt about the yahoos in Europe, Scottish press excluded of course.

This could be the CL record score

#GOPSG90

The played very well. Doesn't make us any less staunch for admitting reality.
They didn't. Bayern were unbelievably poor compared to what you'd expect but still held on the ball reasonably well until the final 3rd, when it got there they had nobody to pass it to, and gave up very few opportunities while coming close a few times themselves.

Celtc were never in with a chance of getting anything from that game. Bayern played as well as they had to. As simple as that.

Scottish meda love a glorious failure
Its like they see success as likely to lead to conceit so they prefer to get close but not win lest you get too big for your boots

Bayern played in second gear most of the night.only upped their performance after the tims scored .listening to Sutton was hilarious when he said Bayern were rattled after the tim goal when in actual fact .Bayern never let them get a touch until they went back in front
My son said the same thing right after Sutton said that.

They didn't. Bayern were unbelievably poor compared to what you'd expect but still held on the ball reasonably well until the final 3rd, when it got there they had nobody to pass it to, and gave up very few opportunities while coming close a few times themselves.

Celtc were never in with a chance of getting anything from that game. Bayern played as well as they had to. As simple as that.

That's totally subjective but I would imagine most people with a basic understanding of football would have seen a good performance against an under-strength, but still very capable, side.

The first sentence of the last paragraph is utter nonsense.

Back