The media fawning over a defeat last night

A tim in my office said Rodgers will not win games against the big teams playing this open expansive football.

Was surprised as I thought the excuses would be out.

They can fawn over a defeat, they can praise them for a defeat, they can say they played well in their defeat.

Pundits or press can say all they wan't, but at the end of the day they lost.

They got nil points from the game against a weak Bayern team.

Yet another loss at the fortress porkheid, which is nice.:D

Slightly off topic but I remember the year we should have qualified out of a section with Bayern, Valencia and PSV in it. We were excellent in the two head to heads against Bayern and beat PSV home and away.
We all felt we deserved better but Stafan Klos's take on it was the most telling.. "we failed end of story"
Until we get that attitude into our teams, fans and media we are doomed to failure.

They played reasonably well , but were up against a second string team , who, when required stepped up their game as witnessed by their second goal.

"A defeat that felt like a victory", our press fawning over them is cringeworthy. I wonder what the hundreds of scouts thought of Tierney's performance. Great to see lego eater playing like a blind man trying to kick pigeons in George Square again.

Wish their margin of defeat had been much greater but funnily enough I’m happy they were beaten 1 - 2 and they’re happy also. May be we can all continue to be happy if they lose every game to the end of the season 1 - 2.

they did play well last night no doubt about it, but bayern regardless of who they had missing were not a t the races , they actually looked like they had 1 eye on the game on saturday v dortmund.

never got out of first gear and won away under strength

Very poor bayern side last night as well, When we lost in the champions league we use to get dogs abuse in the rags how times have changed,

I said to my son last night "give it 24hrs and they'll have won this game".

It took less than half that time.

BBC "it feels like a victory".

They are,one and all,fucking mentalists!

The facts are the scum were getting beat for most of the game got level for 3 minutes then went behind again . at no stage were they in control of the game .

I'm just surprised that anyone is surprised about the mhedia love in .

As many have pointed out before ,compare and contrast how our good results in the champions league were received by the rodents .

Grudging recognition is about the best you will find.

This is a defeat and just look at the frothing at the gash it has caused.

A good work out for the fringe players in bayerns squad,all eyes were on the game against Dortmund on Saturday,that was the reality of the game last night.get a grip Timmy.

So that's them knocked out of the CL after four games and suddenly a home defeat feels like a victory, the Scottish media is a joke, I can only hope that Anderlecht manage a point or three v Bayern to make the last game interesting.

I'm sure we all remember the narrative when Rangers went to Italy and beat Livorno, only Scottish team to win on Italian soil, suddenly Livorno were the worst Italian team ever to play in Europe etc etc. No such accolades for Anderlecht when the bheasts beat them or acknowledgments that it was a second string Bayern last night.

Much as I hate to say it, they played well lastnight and competed with one of Europe's top sides. Yes they got beat and it wasn't from Bayern strongest 11.

What it did for me was paint a clear picture of the gulf between us and them and underlined just how good our next manager needs to be to oust them as the top team. We are about to make another managerial mistake (IF) we appoint McInnes. I don't get how anyone can look at him and see a calibre to oust Celtic or compete on European stage.

Don't agree that Bayern didn't play well. In the first half I thought they played very well, nearly choked the life out of the scum. They were very quick, hungry to get the ball back and looked very dangerous. Scum looked better in the second half because Bayern had taken to much out of themselves in the first half.

Lets be honest here ...

Bayern are an ageing side that is pretty clear and they are not on the same leval as PSG , Real Madrid , Barcelona or even Juve this season.

key players missing - Hummels , Neur , Thiago (Only played 3 minutes) , Kimmich , Lewandoski , Muellar , Ribery. That was nowhere near their best 11.

James has been horrendous for them in his normal position and was played as a striker last night and was still horrendous. Tolliso their CM hasnt been getting a game because his performances. Guys like Rafinha & Martinez have been criticised by the fans aswell.

Bayern edged the game last night , Celtic didnt create enough in the final 3rd. That was Bayerns game plan , Allow Celtic to have the ball as much as they want and see what they can do. Outwith Mcgregors goal , I counted 1 decent chance with Armstrong which was a comfortable save.

They go on as if their home record in Europe is the best about ... Instead of winning qualifying games what has Rodgers actually done at home? Aslong as he plays these tactics they will hardly win any big games in Europe.

The bbc are pathetic, the scum are pathetic, they got beat at their own midden by a second string Bayern team in 2nd gear, get over yourself you clowns.

Bayern had two of the best players in European football in muller and Lewandowski out last night. If Timmy had two of their best players missing Bayern would have pumped them

I wasn't exactly Bayern reserves however they beat them without getting out of first gear and as soon as Celtc equalized the way Bayern just went up the park and scored was ruthless.

Just heard Chis McLaughlin on radio2 telling the nation how this should not be viewed as a defeat and such progress has been made by Celtic, oh and they got beat, full deflection from BBC CFC supporteers club
Progress is a 5-1 average defeat?

We have been beat or drew in Europe after playing well (Seville and Valencia at home spring to mind) and have never ever had the fawning vice victory shite from the press.
I remeber that Valencia team being described as 'the Aberdeen of Spain' despite being full of top class players, Canizares, Angloma, Lopez, Kily Gonzalez, Roberto Ayala, Carboni, Gerard, Albelda..

mind the slagging they gave us for celebrating a draw at the girodome last year after an 88th min equaliser?

Yet all iv seen is them creaming themselves at a defeat last night? strange bunch, neck and blowtorch come to mind .........

They played well last night but there was only ever going to be one winner of the game.

Oh, and while I am at it, the dhims have only won three out of their last seven games.

Had the misfortune of catching bbc news last night at half 10 and heard the little that McLaughlin say ‘Dembele came close to giving them the lead’ I expected some world class save from the keeper but no he jumped with a defender at the back post and the ball out at the junction of the 6 yard box and the goal line. I wouldn’t even have counted that as a shot let alone call it close!!

Said the same to the wife last night they said it twice and on neither occasion did the keeper havbe to do anything. Hardly coming close when its not even on target.

They dont hsve great plsyers but look quite organised. Their pressing game is prob what sets them apart in Scotlsnd. European teams like munich, psg etc have the personnel to pass round them easily. Sadly we dont. Decent mansger required asap for us

bayern didnt show up last night, they where terrible, robben and rodriguez giving the ball away all the time, they had a reserve team out.

celtic played out their skins

and they still lost.........

In the words of the blessed Martin after we pumped 5 - 1 we were 'magnicently brilliant' They are great in making silk purses that lot !

The MSM gushing is sickening ! I would luv it if anderlecht pump them 4- 0 at the Piggery put them into 4th in group !

The yahoos are becoming like the Scotland team glorious failures

PSG walloped Bayern 5-0

Let’s see if brenda plays open expansive football in Paris or parks the bus :rolleyes:

I've heard being up to our knees in funyon blood but big Javi Martinez was up to his eyeballs in it.

A tim in my office said Rodgers will not win games against the big teams playing this open expansive football.

Was surprised as I thought the excuses would be out.

A few folk I personally know are getting a bit pissed off with him, one woman in my office said that widely you dare not speak of any negatives over 'Saint' Brendan widely. It's just typical football fan stuff, people are always head over heals and shout down any objectivity.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you about how good Celtic played so all I'll say is that I'd be delighted if Rangers put in a performance like that against that particular "under strength" Bayern side.

I also don't take my opinions straight from the BBC. I form them using a variety of evidence, and last night I used my eyes.

I wouldn’t. They only played well because Bayern let them. Bayern wanted as easy a win as possible and they done that.

And I don’t buy this narrative that it’s a good thing they played well. If you play well and still lose then you don’t really have much chance at all.

In the words of the blessed Martin after we pumped 5 - 1 we were 'magnicently brilliant' They are great in making silk purses that lot !

The MSM gushing is sickening ! I would luv it if anderlecht pump them 4- 0 at the Piggery put them into 4th in group !
Was it no "astonishingly brilliant"?

Back