The media fawning over a defeat last night

And to think that Charlie ridiculous was saying they looked scared anytime they had the ball,and it was as if they couldn't wait to give the ball back to Bayern,also Sinclair done a disappearing act,things did improve a bit in the second half,so how can there be so much of a conflicting difference,? think we know the answer,ie typical Scottish media.

The good thing is they are heading for a shitty Europa league spot,which will knacker their season and hopefully we'll be in a position to capitalise,we're only 6 behind and if we take full points from Aberdeen. Wishful thinking or a real possibility we could catch them.

Bayern played in second gear most of the night.only upped their performance after the tims scored .listening to Sutton was hilarious when he said Bayern were rattled after the tim goal when in actual fact .Bayern never let them get a touch until they went back in front

The good thing is they are heading for a shitty Europa league spot,which will knacker their season and hopefully we'll be in a position to capitalise,we're only 6 behind and if we take full points from Aberdeen. Wishful thinking or a real possibility we could catch them.
You honestly think that a few Europa cup games is going to derail them physically. They haven't lost a game for a very long time and we cant win more than two in a row. They look fitter thsn us all over the park. I admire your hope though

Get it right up them simple as that you can't polish a turd no matter what The fat mans ponies write

Much as I hate to say it, they played well lastnight and competed with one of Europe's top sides. Yes they got beat and it wasn't from Bayern strongest 11.

What it did for me was paint a clear picture of the gulf between us and them and underlined just how good our next manager needs to be to oust them as the top team. We are about to make another managerial mistake (IF) we appoint McInnes. I don't get how anyone can look at him and see a calibre to oust Celtic or compete on European stage.

McInnes could get horsed off Bayern too.

I still live in hope and have not written our chances off. Glass half full loyal :)

never known a team like them to admire 2nd, they relish being second, they rejoice at not winning....only that lot could make that normal in their tiny little poisoned heads

I'll happily watch them fawn over defeats until we can overcome them. The more chance of them standing still instead of realising they need to improve, the better.

I think the key thing to remember, apart from Bayerns' absentees, is the fact that as soon as they equalised Bayern stopped playing keep the ball and went ahead again almost immediately.
Bayern were content to play out a 0-1 win but when needed to they changed gear and scored again.

Same old story, we get beat, we are ridiculed, they get beat and its a brave performance with lots of positives etc. etc. etc......

I watched the match and have to say that an awful lot has been made of a team expending a lot of energy without necessarily doing much else and that was what they gave, nothing more. Bayern were in control from minute one and frankly toyed with them for most of the game. They have a big game coming up, they know they can only expect 2nd at best in this group and they secured it. The moment the rattlers scored Bayern immediately lifted their tempo, scored and then immediately dropped it again. These things were very obvious, what was less obvious is this perceived improvement from the rattlers. Last season a 9-0 aggregate humbling by Barca was a step forward, I suppose a 5-1 aggregate defeat by comparison this season is moving forwards.

watched it in between the goals show. Celtic break really quickly, thats where their goals come from.

They definitely looked sharp, no point comparing them to Bayern etc, when you see them play like that then they are up against teams like partick, dundee etc its easy to see why they are so strong in comparison.

The good thing is its good to see their defence still isnt up to it

Could be interesting carrying this over confidence into the Europa knock outs. Would love to see them try and outplay the likes of Atalanta away.

There is no denying that they played well. Bayern on the other hand fielded a second string team and played as poorly as they are capable of playing. Celtic still lost. That says it all.

They will never get a better opportunity to take something from a game with one of the elite teams.

For them to make it out as though they can now compete at this level on the back of that game last night is madness.

Especially when you consider the cuffing they took from PSG at home, and Bayern away.

Heard the second half as it was on in our depot.

The high pitched screaming from that commentator anytime the Yahoos got near the halfwayline was cringeworthy.

Went way ott when they scored, only to look like an arsehole 3 mins later when normal service was resumed.

Bayern showed them utter contempt here, make no mistake.

Strange that they consider a loss at home as progress. Ten to fifteen years ago they had one of the best records in Europe at home and quite regularly beat big teams. so how it can be progress when they are now losing all the time is bizarre

Had the misfortune of catching bbc news last night at half 10 and heard the little that McLaughlin say ‘Dembele came close to giving them the lead’ I expected some world class save from the keeper but no he jumped with a defender at the back post and the ball out at the junction of the 6 yard box and the goal line. I wouldn’t even have counted that as a shot let alone call it close!!
I saw this and thought exactly the same

Be interesting to see how many psg put past them as the game matters

Another 5 goals minimum

You would think they had won the game going by the rhetoric coming from their fans & the media this morning.

Compare and contrast to the reaction when we lost in the 90s to really good sides like Juve, Ajax and Valencia.

The played very well. Doesn't make us any less staunch for admitting reality.

Idefinitely watch such matches with blue tinted specs but won't comment on the merits of the match or how well the poets did or didn't play.

However, had Rangers played that Bayern team last night with the same outcome.

The consensus of the press would read as follows.

Rangers never nearer in narrow defeat against a Bayern Munich second string missing more than half the first team.

In reality Bayerns squad players didn't need to get out of 2nd gear to secure the win which was never more apparent than when Rangers luckily managed to equalise with one of only 2 efforts to trouble the Germans goalkeeper.
It took only 2 minutes for Bayern to go up the park and secure the points and this epitomised the fact that they could probably have scored at will had they needed to, yet Rangers never threatened after that.

It was clear to see Bayern were keen to avoid exerting more energy than necessary or risk more injury with a big game at the weekend.

Exactly never watch them why would any Rangers supporter want to watch and listen to that bunch of filth

I didn't watch them at all during our journey through the lower leagues.
Can't remember a single game I actually caught.
When we came back into the top division I honestly could name about 4 of their players from their whole squad.
As we now have to beat them to win, I will put on these games to see what it is we are up against.

Listening to them and the likes of Sutton does get the blood boiling though..

It's press reactions like this that shows how transparent the agenda is becoming. It's getting almost vomit inducing at times.

Yeah the tims played well last night,but Bayern(Why does Sutton call them Munich?.Its like calling us Glasgow) were very poor and will not win CL..Forrest was excellent as was Teirney albeit against a very poor winger who had a touch like an elephant..Dembele was shown what he is, a decent player but not at CL level....Bayern can and will go into higher gears Celtc were in their highest gear

I blame those Masonic bassa's at UEFA.

Clearly Celtic should be awarded the 3 points on the grounds of *bravery* rather than the anarchic and unfair way Bayern won them by scoring more goals.

Out of interest, anyone got reports from our two matches against Bayern back in 1999?

You know, when a team actually gave them a game home and away and were genuinely unlucky with a jammy late free kick and a soft penalty.

Keep in mind, before the game the media reported 17 EPL teams were their to watch Dembele and Tierney. Saying they played well in defeat is minor compared to that shite.

It was a combo of them playing out their skins and Bayern working on possession like it was a training game.

I knew they would score. Bayern were quite content playing around in their half and it was inevitable it would bite them.

Bayern 2nd was also inevitable after the wake up call....

No matter the result their fans get treated to big name games while we still struggle to topple Motherwell in a semi.

This is the real travesty.

From what I have read, Bayern beat Celtic 2-1 at Parkhead with half their team back in Germany. I do not see where the magnificence of the Celtic team come in. They lost. It was the same when Martin of the Sainted memory called his celtc team, "astonishingly brilliant" after we gubbed them at Ibrox.

Hyperbole is all very well when you win but when you lose?

In every other walk of life, History is written by the Victors.

Not in the mindset of Timothy though.

I watched the 2nd half after getting in from football training.

Firstly, they did play well. There's no shame in admitting that, they do look many levels above the rest of Scottish Football at the moment. But......

It was a Bayern Reserve Team, plus Bayern have been rotten this season so it was hardly them proving they can compete with Europe's best as was continually being forced down our throats. Lets see how they do over in Paris if PSG put anywhere near a full strength team out.

The commentary was unbearable though. 17 clubs there to watch Keiran Tierney! :D :D :D

The atmosphere at The Piggery looked good to be fair to them. I can't bear the b*stards but the sooner we get Safe Standing into our ground the better.
They wouldn’t have had a safe standing area last night, would they?

Slightly off topic but I remember the year we should have qualified out of a section with Bayern, Valencia and PSV in it. We were excellent in the two head to heads against Bayern and beat PSV home and away.
We all felt we deserved better but Stafan Klos's take on it was the most telling.. "we failed end of story"
Until we get that attitude into our teams, fans and media we are doomed to failure.
[/
QUOTE]

The press already have that attitude....... when it’s us.

Its strange how Tierney is the best left back money can buy but he is part of a defence that has conceded 25 goals in 10 champions league games

unbelieveble

They got beat off bayern reserves

They had two shots on target over 90 minutes yet listening to Sutton et all they were magnificent

Turd polishing at its best

I think the credit they are being given is unfounded. They lost again I know watching Rangers all my life if we get defeated in a European game I am down no matter how we played. The media were also good at attacking us in defeat. All of a sudden its ok to be out your arse but hey, they are making progress.

I was watching the Chelsea game up until they went 3-0 down so tuned in just as the bheasts had equalised - from what I could see they spent the rest of the game passing the ball sideways in their own half even when they went 2-1 down and looked like they didn't want to make any mistakes ...

Basically they looked quite happy losing 2-1 and Bayern reserves looked delighted just to settle for that.

Back