The mentality of playing for Rangers!

Gecekondu

Previous Rangers managers in different eras have been able to go out and sign finished articles and players who have the experience to deal with difficult situations. Right now where we are, with the exception of McGregor that isn’t the case.

Rangers are amongst the most difficult clubs to play for due to the demands of winning and everyth needing to be done at 100 miles per hour. Our fans are incredible, and there are no better or more loyal support than ours.

When things are good, Ibrox is an unbelievable place for players to play at and they feed of the fans which bring confidence. A couple of months ago the only player who was questioned as a bad signing was Sadiq. Coulibaly in particular was the player fans wanted us to sign first. Ejaria was showing some fantastic progress and talent, and Katic looked like a solid but raw centre half perfect for our game.

A few poor bad results in a row and those players aren’t the same. They are struggling with the demands and mental side of the game. Every time they lose the ball they know if they miss place it, then it’s met with moans and folk going off the nut. We all sit next to folk like this at Ibrox, the ones who don’t sing but sit for 90 minutes shouting abuse and waiting for the next mistake. Don’t know why they even bother going. It helps no one, instead a bit of encouragement will help younger players.

The days where we had experienced players who could deal with it then it didn’t really matter, but young haven’t played many professional games will struggle with this and it’s evident in our squad.

So what’s the answer? We know the support are never going to change, it’s always been the same so it’s over to the board and Mark Allan to sign players with the right mentality.

We can shout and dance as much as we want and say the likes of Ejaria can F off if he can’t handle it. But we need to remember as well as been footballers they are people with different personalities and even the strongest of characters can Be broken playing for us.

There needs to be an end to the signing of academy players from other clubs and youngsters without much game time. Every single one of them has struggled with the exception of Kent. Loans need to be players who have a bit of experience and are better than the quality of what we have, players we wouldn’t be able to sign permanently.

And the board need to find money for a couple of quality transfers with players who have experience that can help bring on our younger players. Initially I was against signing Davis but now it makes sense. A long with a number 10 type player and a striker will go a long way to keeping us in a title race in the second half of the season.

Gerrard has spoken about mentality before, so there is no way he thinks all these loans and academy players fit into that bracket. The next couple of transfer windows are massive for Mark Allan and Stevie G, it’s either going to take us to the next level if they get it right, or put massive pressure on them if they don’t get it right.

Agree totally with this. There are so many different circumstances where we are just now from the past that it is not easy to compare like for like. Certainly to find consistency and stability domestically we have to find a few John Brown and Nacho and Big Marvin type players whose mentality meant that they were mainstays when maybe there were more technically better players around them. We maybe took on a lot of academy players this summer to boost numbers in the short term and I guess as we progress the mentality and character of targets will be a major attribute. It may well take a few windows to build up a core of these type of players but SG will have a better idea of what’s needed now than last summer. Even some top players for us over the years took a season or two to bed in. I don’t think we’re too far away from having a really strong team but we just need to be patient and trust him.

When the players are struggling, we as fans need to support them more.

A player that knows that the fans love them will play better than someone that is constantly being berated by impatient fans. We should remember how it feels to made to feel useless at our own place of work and how that effects us.

Loads of good players have arrived here and been unable to cope with the pressure of playing for us and life in Glasgow where you can be abused in the street or while minding your own business in the supermarket. I remember Super Ally once saying you needed to have skin as thick as a Rino to succeed here.

The manager has a big part to play. The fans are never going to change. The manager needs to prepare them for what is expected and how to get through the hard times. If you have a team that is fully together then individuals will get through if you dont then players feel the presssure more

Our fans are the best at times and also the worst.

What I mean by the worst is that you get certain fan shout abuse at players whenever there is a stray ball or a miss. I think we are the hardest fans to appease at times.

I understand that we have to be patient but I think this comes back to being spoilt for choice of players. Laudrup and Gascoigne to some of our support were the norm and if they can't play to what we have saw infront of us in the past then they aren't that good.

Mental strength is a huge thing that the manager must use his skills to make sure the players he has got are no shrinking violets.

So in short. We need the right player with the right mind coach. Its okay to play for Burnley and not win each week. When you play for us we expect a win every game.

An interesting point.

Though how rangers are viewed by some when they sign may not be what they soon learn.

The expectations are high and expected to win v dross weekly.

Some need to learn sharpish

Previous Rangers managers in different eras have been able to go out and sign finished articles and players who have the experience to deal with difficult situations. Right now where we are, with the exception of McGregor that isn’t the case.

Rangers are amongst the most difficult clubs to play for due to the demands of winning and everyth needing to be done at 100 miles per hour. Our fans are incredible, and there are no better or more loyal support than ours.

When things are good, Ibrox is an unbelievable place for players to play at and they feed of the fans which bring confidence. A couple of months ago the only player who was questioned as a bad signing was Sadiq. Coulibaly in particular was the player fans wanted us to sign first. Ejaria was showing some fantastic progress and talent, and Katic looked like a solid but raw centre half perfect for our game.

A few poor bad results in a row and those players aren’t the same. They are struggling with the demands and mental side of the game. Every time they lose the ball they know if they miss place it, then it’s met with moans and folk going off the nut. We all sit next to folk like this at Ibrox, the ones who don’t sing but sit for 90 minutes shouting abuse and waiting for the next mistake. Don’t know why they even bother going. It helps no one, instead a bit of encouragement will help younger players.

The days where we had experienced players who could deal with it then it didn’t really matter, but young haven’t played many professional games will struggle with this and it’s evident in our squad.

So what’s the answer? We know the support are never going to change, it’s always been the same so it’s over to the board and Mark Allan to sign players with the right mentality.

We can shout and dance as much as we want and say the likes of Ejaria can F off if he can’t handle it. But we need to remember as well as been footballers they are people with different personalities and even the strongest of characters can Be broken playing for us.

There needs to be an end to the signing of academy players from other clubs and youngsters without much game time. Every single one of them has struggled with the exception of Kent. Loans need to be players who have a bit of experience and are better than the quality of what we have, players we wouldn’t be able to sign permanently.

And the board need to find money for a couple of quality transfers with players who have experience that can help bring on our younger players. Initially I was against signing Davis but now it makes sense. A long with a number 10 type player and a striker will go a long way to keeping us in a title race in the second half of the season.

Gerrard has spoken about mentality before, so there is no way he thinks all these loans and academy players fit into that bracket. The next couple of transfer windows are massive for Mark Allan and Stevie G, it’s either going to take us to the next level if they get it right, or put massive pressure on them if they don’t get it right.

The answer don’t sign players with barely any first team experience and thrown them into the first team, especially alongside a few other young players like Kent, Middleton and Coulibaly.

Mark Allen’s signings have been very average if you ask me.

I'd try going down the route of taking in older, more experienced and accomplished players, who've shown they have the quality and mentality to play at the highest level. Sure, we may not see any return, financially but to me it makes sense to have a short term fix that we know will work, supplemented by the odd loan and youth players. Davis is a prime example.

The answer don’t sign players with barely any first team experience and thrown them into the first team, especially alongside a few other young players like Kent, Middleton and Coulibaly.

Mark Allen’s signings have been very average if you ask me.

Only average because of the want for instant success, we don’t have the cash to buy instant success. This squad of players are developing into a team, the majority being very young and gaining the experience needed to give us success in the near future.

They have exceeded so far considering the manager has only had the one transfer window .

Back