The mhedia imbalance

Vince

I was listening to the usual CL masturbation-fest from certain mhedia regarding the Celtic fans attending parkhead when I was struck by a comparison:

The other day I was reading an article by the clown 'Bill Leckie' - where he wanted to talk about how impressive our fan numbers were at Murrayfield. However Leckie had a problem! - before he could get that out he had to apologise first. A written apology before making any positive statements about us. He stated in the article that he is the biggest critic of our songbook etc ..... 'you know me I always criticise them - their behaviour is terrible' was almost exactly what he said. Then when he got the apology out of the way he could make his point that it was a great support at Murrayfield.

It really was incredible and telling to read. The difference between the narrative and rules when talking about the tims and us is incredible. The old saying springs to mind: ... 'to learn who rules over you simply find out who you can't criticise ' ...... the opposite is true also in the spineless Scottish Media:

To learn who rules over you simply find out who you can't praise

He’s always been like that.

Was at the forefront of trying to get us banned from Europe.

Used to boast openly in his column that he is “standing outside our tent and pissing on it” sadly no one at Rangers took him to task on this and it’s been almost open hatred ever since.

He didnt even mention our run to Manchester until the day of the semi final in Florence when he said he reluctantly had to acknowledge it.

Although he is bad there are even worse Rangers haters in our media.

Another Protestant who jumped the fence and sent his kids to a bigot factory and now does all he can to try to be accepted by the dark side.

A 20 year slow burner of a plan by the bheasts is paying dividends now.

Until that balance is readdressed then it will continue.

Leckie is a lady's front bottom and will always be a lady's front bottom, he's never seen bigotry as a two way street and only looks one way

Leckie won some award for writing about sectarian singing.

He believes in his own head now that he is some sort of crusader on that topic. “Others ignore it...but look at me”.

So he will continue to mention it. It’s his “thing”.

He is a sad man.

Sports journalism in this country makes for depressing reading, and that's why I tend to stay away from it. Its full of guys trying to hard to show how much they hate Rangers rather than just reporting on the game

I was listening to the usual CL masturbation-fest from certain mhedia regarding the Celtic fans attending parkhead when I was struck by a comparison:

The other day I was reading an article by the clown 'Bill Leckie' - where he wanted to talk about how impressive our fan numbers were at Murrayfield. However Leckie had a problem! - before he could get that out he had to apologise first. A written apology before making any positive statements about us. He stated in the article that he is the biggest critic of our songbook etc ..... 'you know me I always criticise them - their behaviour is terrible' was almost exactly what he said. Then when he got the apology out of the way he could make his point that it was a great support at Murrayfield.

It really was incredible and telling to read. The difference between the narrative and rules when talking about the tims and us is incredible. The old saying springs to mind: ... 'to learn who rules over you simply find out who you can't criticise ' ...... the opposite is true also in the spineless Scottish Media:

To learn who rules over you simply find out who you can't praise

As much as I totally understand that there is a clear media bias and would be unqualified to tell you wether the bheasts sang about the queen, the UVF and dead loyalists as much as we sing about the pope, the IRA and bobby sands.

We make our haters jobs easy for them.

If we left out the moronic element of our songbook we would be in a stronger position to challenge these halfwits head on.

Until such day the club will take no action to defend us from sectarian accusations. They can’t.

Leckie was a man who for years referred to us as Huns in his articles.

He has dropped it now, but people in glass houses, etc.

They had the media spin master, and Burnley supporter, Alistair Campbell, as a guest last night. Another friend of Dr. Death. They keep politicians close and are miles ahead of us on PR.

Celtic have key on message men in every single media vehicle.

Not only have they got Celtic agendas being pumped around even when they are beaten soundly or like last night beaten by a second string team, but they also have placemen in differing levels of influence and authority.

The likes of Leckie is at the lower end of the food chain along with Jane the lying boot from the Record, they then have others more suited to attack mode, English and of course Thomson.

It’s a very clever and very thorough media strategy that’s probably only ever mirrored by the likes of China, North Korea or the Republican Party.

As much as I totally understand that there is a clear media bias and would be unqualified to tell you wether the bheasts sang about the queen, the UVF and dead loyalists as much as we sing about the pope, the IRA and bobby sands.

If we left out the moronic element of our songbook we would be in a stronger position to challenge these halfwits head on.

Until such day the club will take no action to defend us from sectarian accusations. They can’t.
You got that right we keep giving them amonition

Checked the score to find out it was 1-0 to BM so clicked on the commentary link to get a sense of the balance of the game. It seemed BM were comfortable but just then they scored and i don't think i've ever heard a more excited commentator in my life. You'd have thought they'd actually won the CL instead of just equalising in a group stage game. Then the rhetoric started about what might happen next. Unfortunately for the commentator BM strolled up the park 3 minutes later and regained the lead and the poor wee soul could hardly talk. Sounded like he was on the verge of tears, honestly had to check that this was our impartial national broadcaster and not Celtic radio i was listening to.

Nail on head.

I've never read or heard so much hype about a defeat, they've basically claimed it as a victory. It's like Nicola Sturgeons SNP, ignore the reality and change the facts and convince yourself something else happened.

This.

I had the misfortune of listening to BBC Scotland on Saturday as I was travelling in my car during the rangers v hearts game. The half time treatment of Pedro was shocking, and they were all on air laughing and giggling like big lassies everytime one of them cracked a joke about Pedro.

The club must act now. How do we get them to take action.? Id happily see all mhedia banned from Ibrox.

Remember at the start of the season and the green brigades antics - before critising the filthy vermin for what they are most journos would praise them for the atmosphere they create etc before having a go at them for their banners etc

Leckie is a pathetic fat ugly mung should’ve been taken to task by the Club years ago for the pish he writes

A lot of your sports media in scotland are either celtic supporters or rangers haters.
Kind of sums it up in one sentence except I would have used the word “most” instead of “a lot”. Surely it can’t be “all”. Are we that mispresented?

A 20 year slow burner of a plan by the bheasts is paying dividends now.

Until that balance is readdressed then it will continue.

Leckie is a lady's front bottom and will always be a lady's front bottom, he's never seen bigotry as a two way street and only looks one way

Yesterday there were so called Rangers supporters on here defending the refereeing decisions giving it the usual "not the Rangers way" That is one reason we have been shat on for the 20 years you so quite rightly mention.

We have the biggest support in Scotland yet Rangers supporting journos are as rare as rocking horse shite, why is that.
At the last census it showed that Catholics in Scotland represented 18% of the population so basically 1 in 5 journalists should be of the RC persuasion. As we all know, this is not the case and probably nearer the other way around.
We, as a population, have sat back and allowed them to take up high positions in media, law, government etc and once in these positions, they have filled posts below them with like minded people.
We constantly vote into office rabbid mentally challengeds and then wonder why we have a media imbalance.

At the last census it showed that Catholics in Scotland represented 18% of the population so basically 1 in 5 journalists should be of the RC persuasion. As we all know, this is not the case and probably nearer the other way around.
We, as a population, have sat back and allowed them to take up high positions in media, law, government etc and once in these positions, they have filled posts below them with like minded people.
We constantly vote into office rabbid mentally challengeds and then wonder why we have a media imbalance.

Nail on the head.

You know what your exactly spot on.
A lot of the support wouldnt like it ( myself included) but until they realise this we dont have a leg to stand on. Id like nothing better than to get back at the biased media but our support continue to gift them the ammunition they require.

The point is he wanted to make a simple point about our support but could not Manage it until he has 'cleared' himself. That only happens with us no matter what the tims do. In that type of bias it does not really matter what we do as the goal-posts will be changed even more for us.

A repugnant wee shite. The subject was the impressive number and loyal support at Murrayfield but he has to drift in to personal, subjective, loaded irrelevant information.

I went to Asda the other day and the cheese selection was marvellous ... but remember feeling sick at the lassie at the bread counter with the tatooes 5 years ago. I had mines covered.

Caaaant

A repugnant wee shite. The subject was the impressive number and loyal support at Murrayfield but he has to drift in to personal, subjective, loaded irrelevant information.

I went to Asda the other day and the cheese selection was marvellous ... but remember feeling sick at the lassie at the bread counter with the tatooes 5 years ago. I had mines covered.

Caaaant

Exactly - the irrelevant caution only applies to us exclusively - no matter what timothy does. The rules will be adjusted no matter what we do.

The second part of your post is possibly the work of a madman .... I really don't know what to make of that :)

And yet I've got cheeky cants in work who are Tims, Hearts and Hibs fans who complain that we run the media in Scotland.

Blinkered doesn't even cover it.

I had the misfortune of listening to BBC Scotland on Saturday as I was travelling in my car during the rangers v hearts game. The half time treatment of Pedro was shocking, and they were all on air laughing and giggling like big lassies everytime one of them cracked a joke about Pedro.

The club must act now. How do we get them to take action.? Id happily see all mhedia banned from Ibrox.

Not related to the thread, I also had the misfortune of having to listen to this drivel, did you notice Steven Thompson's constant wee sly digs at Morelos every time he was involved in play, what's this guys' problem? You'd think listening to him that el buffalo had a stinker, yet everyone I've spoken to who was there says he was excellent.

Totally agree with you, the amount of add-ons that are included in our songs are unbelievable and why anybody still sings about Bobby Sands is beyond me.

The fat jakie still sozzled per chance?

I really don't get why he is still employed.

He's a complete mess of a guy.

He must have some dirt on his employers for them to keep him on.

Perhaps a paedo ring, if you'll pardon the expression.

Was unfortunate to catch some of Supersh1tboard in my brother in laws car some retarded pundit claiming Kieran Carlos was worth minimum £25M o_O

Yes......this has been happening for over 50 years believe it or not. Slowly, slowly....bit by bit. The strategy was to infiltrate existing established organisations rather than establish new RC ones. E.g. Trade unions, political parties etc...

Did Leckie not get attacked by Bheast's on a bus in Milan years ago , and never mentioned it ? Code of silence or what ? Like his ex wife the Declan support hates him for being a Prod , uncle tom or not.

In all parts of the sports media here in Scotland there are very few if any Rangers leaning hacks or pundits,Richard Wilson is the only one I can think of?...Then we have the so called ex Rangers players who either have an issue with Rangers or toe the party line to try and sound impartial,but when it comes to the tims they gush like teenagers over their heroes,They condemned Warburton for not having a plan B.....Rodgers does not have a plan B and won't change his tactics,but does not get any criticism from anybody in the media.....As for the co comentators Sutton and Walker they couldn't be impartial if they tried,its like listening to Celtc TV

Back