The Mhedia in Scotland

Kennylax15

I know we are all meant to laugh and ignore it and I for one have decided to get all my news/info from this site ( I am from Canada) but I was wondering your guys thoughts on this question:
Is it not a serious problem that the media in Scotland hate us and does it negatively effect the Rangers brand? Also, now that the tide is turning, do you think the media will turn against them and it will swing back in our favour?
just trying to get the pulse as Im not in Scotland and don't feel the undercurrents of what is happening. Seems like a serious issue tho
Cheers

Nah their love in with the bheasts has continued and will continue on. The media here is absolutely infested with them so nothing will change. They are clinging onto any wee crumb of comfort they can to help them sleep at night. Their latest one being portraying st johnstone as the second most successful team in Scotland over the last 10 years for winning two diddy cups. Anything to take away some of the pain they feel caused by us lifting the 55, it's killing them.

the main newspapers wil be extinct within 10 years.
the bbc will be a paid for sbscription within 10 years
sky will lose all football to amazon prime within 10 years.
Eventually the mhedia press phoodles will have no option but to find work in bheast echo chamber blogs and livestreams such as just us tims, which as the description suggests will just be self flagalating content of mad men subscribing.

Eventually the mhedia press phoodles will have no option but to find work in bheast echo chamber blogs and livestreams such as just us tims, which as the description suggests will just be self flagalating content of mad men subscribing.
this is true.

Steven Gerrard has over 9 million followers on Instagram.

Rangers have more followers on Twitter than probably every print media in the country combined. We don't need to have a good relationship with the msm when we have our own personal reach.

I don't think the media will turn against them as they are still all tims in those jobs. They won't suddenly become welcoming to Rangers.

Steven Gerrard has over 9 million followers on Instagram.

Rangers have more followers on Twitter than probably every print media in the country combined. We don't need to have a good relationship with the msm when we have our own personal reach.

I don't think the media will turn against them as they are still all tims in those jobs. They won't suddenly become welcoming to Rangers.
Actually, they aren't, although they are certainly over-represented. They are seriously over-represented at editor and sub-editor level, as was demonstrated again recently by a certain Sun headline. Journos don't do the headlines, that is the role of sub-editors.

As for BBC Scotland, they are not ALL tims, some are, and ones at senior level whom you don't hear much about, but the vast majority of those who are not are still serial Rangers-haters.

You also can't absolve our great club from some of the blame here. Years of negligent (aka dignified) silence have been a major contributor to negative news coverage about us.

Why the h in media ? typo or does it mean something related to the scum?

I know we are all meant to laugh and ignore it and I for one have decided to get all my news/info from this site ( I am from Canada) but I was wondering your guys thoughts on this question:
Is it not a serious problem that the media in Scotland hate us and does it negatively effect the Rangers brand? Also, now that the tide is turning, do you think the media will turn against them and it will swing back in our favour?
just trying to get the pulse as Im not in Scotland and don't feel the undercurrents of what is happening. Seems like a serious issue tho
Cheers
Don’t think the tide will turn as such the media in the republic o jhokoland is infested with haters who’ve many a good few ££££s out o negative Rangers stories, true or otherwise and need no encouragement. It may dilute down a bit now we are back at the top and with the puppet master on his way but, but overall that theme will continue. Those currently professing to be journos are not going anywhere anytime soon. The failure to fully and openly report on the great CSA scandal not to mention the ongoing farce that sits in Edinburgh and lack of scrutiny or accountability from the media also tells its own story. The more bears that stop buying, clicking on their publications as the silent majority in time will eventually go under, but it won’t be for a long time yet unfortunately.

The St J second most successful club line just sums it up. Absolutely clutching at straws. Only a bitter one would have thought that one up.
That’s the most bitterest of mentally challengeds that used that line though. Chris McLaughlin who is a Rangers hating scumbag is also a denier of the child abuse at celtic and also turns women into lesbians.
Quite the feat for something out of Lord of the Rings tbh!

The good news is that their clear bias and agenda is driving more and more people to fan media sites like Heart and Hand.
If you don’t listen to it, I recommend that you download Heart and Hand - the Rangers podcast.
If you go on there you will get free content.
If you like it, then for a couple of dollars a week there is loads of Rangers news and other programmes.
They includes match previews and also post Match reports.
Compared to what you pay for a newspaper/conventional media it’s fantastic value and brilliant content about the club.

Cheers
It’s been like this for as long as I can remember, I’m 49 next week.
it seems they are genuinely acting like this isn’t happening to them, they’re so arrogant they think this is just a blip, a one off, nothing to see here. As another poster said I only get my articles if someone posts them on here. I don’t but their crap, I don’t watch their crap and don’t consume anything I know to be partisan. The sooner the legacy media dies the better, for everyone.

Apologies for this post, I have just noticed a team of the month thread since posting.

On the Record's website they have a team of the month for February from a website called Whoscored (I've never heard of it) that has 6!! of them and 4 from Dundee (United).
A team that lost to Ross County and lost their manager. No one can convince me that Brown outplayed Davis this month.
I have C&P below to save hits.

Celtic stars dominate Premiership team of the month as Rangers snubbed despite title charge​

Gabriel McKay 2 hrs ago
http://a.msn.com/02/en-gb/BB1e7M0Z?ocid=sf
https://twitter.com/share?url=http://a.msn.com/02/en-gb/BB1e7M0Z?ocid=st&text=Celtic+stars+dominate+Premiership+team+of+the+month+as+Rangers+snubbed+despite+title+charge&original_referer=http://a.msn.com/02/en-gb/BB1e7M0Z?ocid=st
https://web.whatsapp.com/send?text=http://a.msn.com/02/en-gb/BB1e7M0Z?ocid=sw

Six Celtic players have been named in a team of the month for February - despite the loss to Ross County that triggered Neil Lennon's resignation.
And champions-elect Rangers were snubbed entirely despite maintaining their unbeaten run.
Steven Gerrard's side are just seven points from the Premiership title and could secure it at Celtic Park at the end of this month.
They won three of their four matches in February but that wasn't enough to see any Ibrox stars make it into Whoscored's team of the month.
Celtic played seven times last month as they made up their games in hand, and despite that loss to Ross County they scored 14 times and conceded just three.

And that has proved enough to get no fewer than six Parkhead players into the team of the month.
Jonjoe Kenny, Stephen Welsh, Greg Taylor, Scott Brown, David Turnbull and Odsonne Edouard have all made the cut.
Over the season so far though only Edouard and Ryan Christie make it into an XI dominated by Rangers.
James Tavernier, Connor Goldson, Borna Barisic, Joe Aribo, Ryan Kent and Alfredo Morelos are all in.

The blatant disrespect and continuous negativity towards rangers is entrenched in main stream Scottish media
Liewell has done a superb job over the years stoking the flames of hatred towards all things rangers and sadly we have had no allies or media platform to reset the agenda. I have no faith or belief that this situation will change any time soon

On the Record's website they have a team of the month for February from a website called Whoscored (I've never heard of it) that has 6!! of them and 4 from Dundee (United).
A team that lost to Ross County and lost their manager. No one can convince me that Brown outplayed Davis this month.
I have C&P below to save hits.

Celtic stars dominate Premiership team of the month as Rangers snubbed despite title charge​

Gabriel McKay 2 hrs ago
http://a.msn.com/02/en-gb/BB1e7M0Z?ocid=sf
https://twitter.com/share?url=http://a.msn.com/02/en-gb/BB1e7M0Z?ocid=st&text=Celtic+stars+dominate+Premiership+team+of+the+month+as+Rangers+snubbed+despite+title+charge&original_referer=http://a.msn.com/02/en-gb/BB1e7M0Z?ocid=st
https://web.whatsapp.com/send?text=http://a.msn.com/02/en-gb/BB1e7M0Z?ocid=sw

Six Celtic players have been named in a team of the month for February - despite the loss to Ross County that triggered Neil Lennon's resignation.
And champions-elect Rangers were snubbed entirely despite maintaining their unbeaten run.
Steven Gerrard's side are just seven points from the Premiership title and could secure it at Celtic Park at the end of this month.
They won three of their four matches in February but that wasn't enough to see any Ibrox stars make it into Whoscored's team of the month.
Celtic played seven times last month as they made up their games in hand, and despite that loss to Ross County they scored 14 times and conceded just three.

And that has proved enough to get no fewer than six Parkhead players into the team of the month.
Jonjoe Kenny, Stephen Welsh, Greg Taylor, Scott Brown, David Turnbull and Odsonne Edouard have all made the cut.
Over the season so far though only Edouard and Ryan Christie make it into an XI dominated by Rangers.
James Tavernier, Connor Goldson, Borna Barisic, Joe Aribo, Ryan Kent and Alfredo Morelos are all in.
This must be some kind of joke and a piss take website?

OK Eduoard and maybe 1 other but Kenny and Brown ? ffs they really are scraping the barrel now.

The blatant disrespect and continuous negativity towards Rangers is entrenched in main stream Scottish media
Liewell has done a superb job over the years stoking the flames of hatred towards all things Rangers and sadly we have had no allies or media platform to reset the agenda. I have no faith or belief that this situation will change any time soon

With respect, mate, Celtc fans in the media don't need Liewell to propagate their venom.

There are many mouthy poets in the media, that there is no doubt.

There is an imbalance, but suggesting smsm as a whole is anti Rangers is just not true.

Yes there are bitter bastards out there. There are many who are just wind up merchants, there are others try to be fair minded and then we have our own ex players.

We have to take some of the blame as we sat and let them maneuver their collective selfs into positions of influence while we (am talking about our whole community) sat on our arses oblivious to the dangers that were on the horizon.

I think we saw a slight tremor in that imbalance with their dubai antics. Even Tom English was laying into them.

The blatant disrespect and continuous negativity towards Rangers is entrenched in main stream Scottish media
Liewell has done a superb job over the years stoking the flames of hatred towards all things Rangers and sadly we have had no allies or media platform to reset the agenda. I have no faith or belief that this situation will change any time soon
This is what im getting at. Why and how did Liewell get to manupulate the SPFL ? would we now not have the same ability now that they are shite and we are on top?

This is what im getting at. Why and how did Liewell get to manupulate the SPFL ? would we now not have the same ability now that they are shite and we are on top?
Because whilst we were winning trophies and leagues and celebrating
Liewell was putting in to place a structure of media support and subversion of all things rangers.

There are many mouthy poets in the media, that there is no doubt.

There is an imbalance, but suggesting smsm as a whole is anti Rangers is just not true.

Yes there are bitter bastards out there. There are many who are just wind up merchants, there are others try to be fair minded and then we have our own ex players.

We have to take some of the blame as we sat and let them maneuver their collective selfs into positions of influence while we (am talking about our whole community) sat on our arses oblivious to the dangers that were on the horizon.

I think we saw a slight tremor in that imbalance with their dubai antics. Even Tom English was laying into them.
Murdoch McLennan is chairman of the press association in the UK and INM in Ireland.

Hate to turn it into a religious argument but the influence the R.C. church of which the fhilth are an integral part have in the media in Scotland is frightening.

It could perhaps be due to the RC schooling system, some say the RC schools allegedly help create a celtic supporting mafia as people who go to them try to look out for their old school mates in terms of jobs etc.

Their pain is our joy. Their arrogance was their downfall. They just cant handle the fact 10IAR simply is not happening, and denying 55 even exists.
Drink every single drop of it in bears, the mentally challenged pennies that will be dropping will sound more like dropping bowling balls.

I fully expect negativity towards us from Scotland's so called press at every opportunity they get -
& when opportunities don't present themselves - they just invent & contrive untruths & inaccuracies

I bet there will be some negative counter story - that'll be petty, yet spiteful - the day we win the title

THE MEDIA IN SCOTLAND HAS HAD A FREE REIGN IN WHAT THEY SAY IN PRINT FOR TO MANY YEARS .THEY TRIED TO DESTROY OUR CLUB BUT THEY DIDN'T BANK ON OUR TREMENDOUS SUPPORT AND OUR GREAT CLUB ARE BACK WHERE WE SHOULD BE,CHAMPIONS OF SCOTLAND,AND THE PRESS CAN GO F THEMSELVES WARP

BBC Scotland is a big one. It could disappear, as we know it, in a relatively short period of time once the licence fee goes.

It could perhaps be due to the RC schooling system, some say the RC schools allegedly help create a celtic supporting mafia as people who go to them try to look out for their old school mates in terms of jobs etc.
The R.C.s could teach the Masons a thing or two.

Murdoch McLennan is chairman of the press association in the UK and INM in Ireland.
Sorry mate but are we to assume then that the entire UK and Irish press are anti Rangers?

There are good people who work in the smsm. Sadly the poets shout louder and more often - this is something our community has allowed to build up over the years unchallenged.

For too long we have fought our fight thinking we are alone, we are not.

Look at the state of the filth this season when they had their taste of bad press getting pumped out of Europe, protests outside their shithole and their dubai jolly - they crumbled, sacked their "something inside so strong" manager and even Liewell has ran away like the utter coward he is.

It's time to totally turn the tables.

Sorry mate but are we to assume then that the entire UK and Irish press are anti Rangers?

There are good people who work in the smsm. Sadly the poets shout louder and more often - this is something our community has allowed to build up over the years unchallenged.

For too long we have fought our fight thinking we are alone, we are not.

Look at the state of the filth this season when they had their taste of bad press getting pumped out of Europe, protests outside their shithole and their dubai jolly - they crumbled, sacked their "something inside so strong" manager and even Liewell has ran away like the utter coward he is.

It's time to totally turn the tables.
MacLennan has plenty of influence. Look at the SFA CSA report and the resulting press. Remember that the SPFL and the SFA are 2 cheeks of the same arse and he is chairman. That's a much bigger issue than Dubai or a couple of bad results.

For me personally, they've never been less important. Fan media (H&H is outstanding in this area), fan and club Twitter etc. all mean that tims with typewriters and tims with TV cameras are no longer a necessary conduit to what's going on inside the club. And as for live matches (I'm SE England based) RTV and short breaks abroad around matchdays means never having to pay a penny to Sky and the Crocker/Walker Axis of Evil. Get it right up them.

MacLennan has plenty of influence. Look at the SFA CSA report and the resulting press. Remember that the SPFL and the SFA are 2 cheeks of the same arse and he is chairman. That's a much bigger issue than Dubai or a couple of bad results.

I accept that slimy bastard has too much influence. Quite how he he was deemed fit to be appointed chairman of the SPFL board is beyond belief.

Yes there is too much poet influence in the media - there is a serious imbalance - none of that is in doubt. To suggest the entire smsm is against Rangers though is incorrect.

It will change when Rangers tackle the problem by employing a professional to gather and present evidence of the bias, double standards and lies. Present the evidence, name and shame the bigots and the cowards and leave them with no where to hide.

It will change when Rangers tackle the problem by employing a professional to gather and present evidence of the bias, double standards and lies. Present the evidence, name and shame the bigots and the cowards and leave them with no where to hide.
Fair point that’s an area where we really have made no inroads

This must be some kind of joke and a piss take website?

OK Eduoard and maybe 1 other but Kenny and Brown ? ffs they really are scraping the barrel now.

...and long may it continue. Time was this would irritate me but Ive discovered a wonderful comedy in reading such stuff for the nonsense it actually is rather than the journalism it pretends to be.

Shameful, pathetic and utterly hilarious.

Back