The Mhedia in Scotland

I know we are all meant to laugh and ignore it and I for one have decided to get all my news/info from this site ( I am from Canada) but I was wondering your guys thoughts on this question:
Is it not a serious problem that the media in Scotland hate us and does it negatively effect the Rangers brand? Also, now that the tide is turning, do you think the media will turn against them and it will swing back in our favour?
just trying to get the pulse as Im not in Scotland and don't feel the undercurrents of what is happening. Seems like a serious issue tho
Cheers
I don't think it will ever effect the Rangers brand for a minute as the majority of supporters can see through the negative narrative, I can't speak for those who don't follow Rangers. In terms of media turning back in our favour,as far as I'm concerned they've burnt their boat and I hope Rangers wouldn't entertain them,apart from press conferences,and even then they're for ever twisting the gaffer's words.

The mhedia mainly consists of bitter RCs, jump the dykes and hypocritical handwringing nominal Protestants who will always hate us.
When we’re successful they’ll snipe from the sidelines and try to belittle our achievements, when we’re not successful they’ll revel in it.

The mhedia mainly consists of bitter RCs, jump the dykes and hypocritical handwringing nominal Protestants who will always hate us.
When we’re successful they’ll snipe from the sidelines and try to belittle our achievements, when we’re not successful they’ll revel in it.

I agree though I think you could add in cowards to your list.

Do they though?

And if they do, isnt that the fault of the proddies who sat on their arse and let them, while doing little more than bitching about it on the internet?
The R.C. Church is still a very tight organisation,Once a Catholic always a Catholic as they say and they look after their own,Proddies as you call them are very divided and lack the strong unity and belonging that is educated into them.

The Scottish mhedia is deplorable and a big part of the reason that the Scottish game fails to attract sponsors. The English press build up the 'product' that is the EPL. Even with its problems in racism and homophobia (among others), the English press do not constantly seek to tear down the EPL.

Our press do nothing to help the image of 'pub teams' and a backwater of football.

The R.C. Church is still a very tight organisation,Once a Catholic always a Catholic as they say and they look after their own,Proddies as you call them are very divided and lack the strong unity and belonging that is educated into them.
Who says that?

So in all the millions of Rangers fans worldwide, there's not a single leader? Fucking laughable

It isnt laughable. Its pathetic, but sadly its true. Perhaps you could suggest some names of individuals that would be prepared to stick their head above the parapet?

I know we are all meant to laugh and ignore it and I for one have decided to get all my news/info from this site ( I am from Canada) but I was wondering your guys thoughts on this question:
Is it not a serious problem that the media in Scotland hate us and does it negatively effect the Rangers brand? Also, now that the tide is turning, do you think the media will turn against them and it will swing back in our favour?
just trying to get the pulse as Im not in Scotland and don't feel the undercurrents of what is happening. Seems like a serious issue tho
Cheers

It has been a serious issue discussed on this forum for well over a decade. The club’s dignified silent approach done far more harm to the brand than good to the point now that it’s probably too far gone to recover!

Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t try though & the departure of the fat Japanese gives us the perfect chance to exert some authority again.

Do they though?

And if they do, isnt that the fault of the proddies who sat on their arse and let them, while doing little more than bitching about it on the internet?

There are numerous examples throughout history of communities that have been silenced, subjugated and even exterminated. Blaming them for their own demise is a "cop out".

The h in bhoys is Gaelic grammar. It's called lenition, for example, if Seamus is spoken to directly he is called Sheamus, the s becomes silent and that's where the word Hamish is derived. In my, albeit limited, exposure to the faux-irish I've never met one with a word of Gaelic in their head, the obligatory chuky ar la nothwithstanding.

There are numerous examples throughout history of communities that have been silenced, subjugated and even exterminated. Blaming them for their own demise is a "cop out".
Protestants in Scotland aren't one of those.

Protestants in Scotland aren't one of those.

The PUL community in NI has been under attack for years. Its only a matter of time till they go the same way as the Protestant community in the ROI.

In my opinion Scotland is heading in a similar direction and I see nothing and no one standing against this. They have the media, politics and the legal system tied up.

They have powerful and influential RC's sitting on all sorts of committees making decisions about school closures and building RC super schools/community hubs all over the place.

Look no further than Coatbridge where they have two new build sectarian super schools/community hubs and only one non denominational high school.

As the song says "soon there'll be no Protestants at all".

The PUL community in NI has been under attack for years. Its only a matter of time till they go the same way as the Protestant community in the ROI.

In my opinion Scotland is heading in a similar direction and I see nothing and no one standing against this. They have the media, politics and the legal system tied up.

They have powerful and influential RC's sitting on all sorts of committees making decisions about school closures and building RC super schools/community hubs all over the place.

Look no further than Coatbridge where they have two new build sectarian super schools/community hubs and only one non denominational high school.

As the song says "soon there'll be no Protestants at all".
Nonsense

That’s the most bitterest of mentally challengeds that used that line though. Chris McLaughlin who is a Rangers hating scumbag is also a denier of the child abuse at celtic and also turns women into lesbians.
Quite the feat for something out of Lord of the Rings tbh!
Guess who else used it as his headline by Sunday night, our other hater Jim Spence the pretend Dundee United fan. I won’t give him the hits by linking it.

The extra h is usually a piss take on their faux Irishness. They call themselves bhoys so if someone in here deems something mentally challenged inspired they tend to stick an h in a word.
I thought that just wasn't 100% sure.

Do they though?

An uncomfortable truth for many.
Important to remember as well nothing is reversible if the appetite for change is there.

To be honest, if it wasn't for this site highlighting articles from like of Keith Jackson and Spiers etc, I wouldn't even notice them which is how irrelevant they are.

Do they though?

Yes they do and anybody claiming otherwise is either lieing or deluded.

No its not the fault of anybody other than the scum catholics that do it.

They have had a massive love in with every Celtic manager in living memory, apart from Ronny Delia, just wait until Steve Clarke gets the job, they will be slabbering at the mouth to promote his paranoia.

Cheers
I like you now live in Canada. The answer to your question is yes it affects our brand. It's disgraceful on every level what the mhedia portray. In regards them, no the love in will now only become stronger

I don't think it will ever effect the Rangers brand for a minute as the majority of supporters can see through the negative narrative, I can't speak for those who don't follow Rangers. In terms of media turning back in our favour,as far as I'm concerned they've burnt their boat and I hope Rangers wouldn't entertain them,apart from press conferences,and even then they're for ever twisting the gaffer's words.
That's the problem with handing over the mainstream media to them. Our current support and their families will continue to support the club, but it makes the chances of getting new supporters in Scotland a lot less and helps to turn people against the club. It's not surprising when some of these people end up in positions of power and then do nothing but hinder us. If we only draw support from our current supporter base and their families then it would lead to an ever decreasing support in Scotland, although there are now other factors at play which should help to avoid this.

The reporters pedalling biased content need to be dealt with head on rather than waiting for years hoping all mainstream media will disintegrate, and that none of their supporters will be in influential positions on whatever replaces it.

Back