The Mirror claiming Benetiz to Celtic

Can’t see it happening to be honest he could earn double the money as soon as a job in England comes up.

And if it did I can’t see him having the same impact at the tramps that Rodgers did. For the money it could easily blow up in their face.

I can see them trying as a last gasp attempt to sell season tickets to the bus chasers.

He doesn’t need to rush into anything. Article has zero substance and looks like padding for an English market rather than a well founded scoop. Good news is that when they appoint Jack Ross, he’ll always be compared to Benitez.

Surprised so many people think that this is out of the question

His last two jobs have been some random team in China (where it was a disaster), and Newcastle, where he spent one season in the fucking championship.

Why wouldn't he consider the poets?! And what Premier league job is he supposedly lined up for? Everyone is sticking and not twisting at the moment.

These two bit journalists need to take a look in the mirror. Whatever kind of mirror that may be they’ll find shite staring back at them.

Guaranteed, the lazy work experience graduates at the mirror have picked up that tango letter "signed" off by lawell earlier. They've wet their wee panties and ran with it, putting 2 plus 2 together and getting 55 considering Benitez is freshly unemployed. A non story.

Who better to know Benitez's tactics than the Gaffer.

Plus all fair and well being a good manager but what sort of budget would be have? Not enough imo.

His last two jobs have been some random team in China (where it was a disaster), and Newcastle, where he spent one season in the fucking championship.

Why wouldn't he consider the poets?! And what Premier league job is he supposedly lined up for? Everyone is sticking and not twisting at the moment.
£12M

I enjoyed seeing his record at Newcastle being pulled apart on sky recently, Bruce with better stats and comparable points totals. He does have a Championship promotion on his recent CV though

He’ll get a club in one of the top 4 leagues. Carragher also said on Open Goal there is no chance of Benitez coming to Scotland.

Unless Desmond is finally putting serious money into them then there’s no way they’ll be able to afford it anyway. Their losses for this season will be astronomical.

Odds on the writer of this article seeing the wind up Lawwell letter going about earlier and jumping on it thinking it's a story?

He’ll get a club in one of the top 4 leagues. Carragher also said on Open Goal there is no chance of Benitez coming to Scotland.

Unless Desmond is finally putting serious money into them then there’s no way they’ll be able to afford it anyway. Their losses for this season will be astronomical.
Completely agree with you and have said, quite clearly, that it would take millions to bring him in

As you highlight in your post, it comes down to Desmond... who has the money. If he wants to part with it then benitez would unquestionably consider it

He is an absolute bastard and 100% financially driven. If they want to pay for him, he will go there

Has the journo been taken in by that letter floating about social media?
Surely not.. mind you, combine it with the shift in odds, and maybe he thought 2+2=5

With the lazy journalism that exists these day though I wouldn't rule it out.

Its pretty much a nothing article "Mirror Football understands he is now in the frame". A lot of "if's, but's and maybe's"

Last edited:
Former Liverpool and Newcastle United boss Rafael Benitez would like a quick return to management after leaving Chinese side Dalian Professional, with Napoli and Roma interested in the 60-year-old Spaniard. (Sunday Times - subscription required)
I think both those sides are in Champions League spots in the league, I know the Italians love a manager change but I can't see that move. I'd imagine he'll put his feet up in the sun with family until the summer and see if the Spain job is up for grabs

Last edited:
I think both those sides are in Champions League spots in the league, I know the Italians love a manager change but I can't see that move. I'd imagine he'll out his feet up in the sun with family until the summer and see if the Spain job is up for grabs
Napoli sacked him

I think both those sides are in Champions League spots in the league, I know the Italians love a manager change but I can't see that move. I'd imagine he'll out his feet up in the sun with family until the summer and see if the Spain job is up for grabs
Was just to point out how inaccurate today’s so called journalism can be manipulated to any cause

From Wiki: On 2 July 2019, Benítez was appointed manager of Chinese Super League side Dalian Professional (formerly Dalian Yifang), signing a two-and-a-half-year deal.[108] On 23 January 2021, Benítez left the club by mutual consent, citing concerns over the health and wellbeing of his family due to the COVID-19 pandemic as a reason for his departure.

Not sure Septic Park would be the best place for him then!

He would cost them a fortune and wouldn't have money to sign the high calibre players he Is used to working with, bring it on

I wouldn’t be too surprised if Chelsea sacked Lampard and brought him in until the end of the season.

From Wiki: On 2 July 2019, Benítez was appointed manager of Chinese Super League side Dalian Professional (formerly Dalian Yifang), signing a two-and-a-half-year deal.[108] On 23 January 2021, Benítez left the club by mutual consent, citing concerns over the health and wellbeing of his family due to the COVID-19 pandemic as a reason for his departure.

Not sure Septic Park would be the best place for him then!
Exact;y mate,they are riddled.

Covid FC B-)

Congratulations. You quoted his last salary.

He is now earning the sum total of fùck all, and won't earn 12 million at any club in Europe

Try again
They’d give him a Rodgers salary and I think he’d take it assuming no one else comes in for hi, but Celtic‘s assets in the summer will have plummeted in value massively with Lennon being here until the end of the season before they shake things up. His budget to catch up to a Rangers team who haven’t lost in 25 league games would have to be decent

This reminds me of the good old days when they were linked to Sir Bobby Robson and other famous Managers. They decided on Dr Jo Venglos instead. lol

To manage the Chinese team, he was paid £12 million a year. Whilst at Newcastle he was paid £6 million a year.

Don't see him taking a substantial wage cut to manage in Scotland. He'll have offers in a few months.

Surely not.. mind you, combine it with the shift in odds, and maybe he thought 2+2=5

With the lazy journalism that exists these day though I wouldn't rule it out.

Its pretty much a nothing article "Mirror Football understands he is now in the frame". A lot of "if's, but's and maybe's"
Betting was suspended on Eddie Howe being their savior the other day Tottie.

Doesn't take much to move betting odds these days.

If he were seriously in the frame then Snus Hiddink would have been punted by now.

Back