The Misinformation From Media / Shettleston's etc

Drumchapel-Bear

It has started already.

English has popped up already with ''the revised bill is 68m so I'm not sure an error from HMRC caused Rangers to go under''.

This is showing blatant disregard of the facts.

20+ million of this 68m figure related to the wee tax case (which Whyte agreed to pay on the Purchase Agreement with David Murray) and the deliberate non payment of PAYE, NI and resulting penalties and interest accrued from Whyte's deliberate act.

The remaining ''liability'' :rolleyes: relates to a bill for 10 years of EBT's which Murray was (rightly) on the face of it contesting as it was wrong. The interest and penalties are looking like being written off as they were incorrectly applied to an inflated bill. The bill will be reduced to 20m, which over a 10 year span only amounts to roughly 2m per season. But we pjoor overspent on players we couldnay afford n at :rolleyes:

Another 2 key points:

1) Murray actually offered a settlement of 10/12m which was rejected.
2) The Whyte portion of the liability simply doesn't happen without the phantom bill in the first place!

Be prepared to fight the misinformation that's coming out bears.

I’m sure David Murray would have evidence of correspondence if he did indeed offer to pay £12m of a £20m potential liability.

The wheels were in motion at that point, we wouldn’t have been allowed to settle even if he’d offered the full £20m.....

My memory might be playing tricks on me but I am convinced Keevins quoted £140m at one time .
You are correct, can remember where we were and the date. It was the Thursday night before we beat the tims 3-2 to stop them winning the league, it was 22nd of march and I was driving my mum to Ibrox so we could set up the red card display and we were just passing Glasgow Fort around the back of six when Keevins said £134 million, my mother was appalled at this figure.

I'm sure we'll get his opinion on Friday. Either that or he'll just ignore it.

He’ll just sigh blurt out some shite about the facts at the time. Same as what he did when bears challenged him on RC Radio over his Nuremberg comments on Scotsport.

I think the Club should comment. It doesn't have to be anything more than acknowledging the new information and that we're looking into the ramifications.

It doesn't help the speculation or the misinformation but the Club should be proactive.

They must have a secret web that activates once every big Sevco event that happens

This is the line all their fans, bloggers and puppets in media are spinning today, incredibly well organised in all fairness

State again, Whyte is irrelevant in all of this if the mythical "over £100m tax bill" isn't put out there under Murrays reign, Whyte gets nowhere near the club if we are only due £20m

I think the Club should comment. It doesn't have to be anything more than acknowledging the new information and that we're looking into the ramifications.

It doesn't help the speculation or the misinformation but the Club should be proactive.

We all know the truth, our day will be in court in front of a judge. BBC or Radio Clyde or all those Scottish journalists are not fit or proper. They all have agendas as their past has shown. Will they offer an apology for being quoted Lies by the HMRC. Will they now come out and condemn the information they were given. Will they hold up their hand. No is your answer. They are all rats that follow the pied peter.

Just caught the end of STV news and they where interviewing folk in st enoch square and they had to find some bead rattler saying the club died and wee haven't a pot to piss in, why can't these fcukers get it the law, the SFA and the heads of footballs governing bodies say it's the same club really pisses me off

It was anything from £130 to £180 million, it was just what number a Tim with a computer thought off, and the more it was they all creamed themselves.
My complaint to the BBC July 2012
“Full Complaint: Your statement 'Rangers went into administration owing up to £134m' is factually incorrect. We owe what we owe, not what we "might owe". We have not been proven to use EBT's illegally. The reality is we were forced into administration and then liquidation over debts of about £55m, of which half related to the absurd Whyte/Ticketus back room scam. That Whyte lied openly to us all about financing the club, working capital etc is conveniently overlooked. And it was the deliberate evasion of PAYE and NIC under Whyte that left HMRC with no choice but to reject the CVA irrespective of the BTC. But hey, why let the facts get in the way of a sensational £134m headline”

You are correct, can remember where we were and the date. It was the Thursday night before we beat the tims 3-2 to stop them winning the league, it was 22nd of march and I was driving my mum to Ibrox so we could set up the red card display and we were just passing Glasgow Fort around the back of six when Keevins said £134 million, my mother was appalled at this figure.
It was anything from £130 to £180 million, it was just what number a Tim with a computer thought off, and the more it was they all creamed themselves.
My memory might be playing tricks on me but I am convinced Keevins quoted £140m at one time .
My recollection of that time was the figure went up daily in the MSM reporting.

It was ludicrous - and a disgrace - the way they were allowed to make up figures to suit their viewing/listening audience and agenda. Cunts

Just caught the end of STV news and they where interviewing folk in st enoch square and they had to find some bead rattler saying the club died and wee haven't a pot to piss in, why can't these fcukers get it the law, the SFA and the heads of footballs governing bodies say it's the same club really pisses me off
Facts are irrelevant to these "people".

Mate, they simply do not understand facts. These are the same fans that refuse to not only discuss but acknowledge their rabid clubs paedophile history. "they're died" is one of their catchphrases amongst the rest of them that make no sense. They're hatred of Rangers has literally eclipsed their own support for their filthy club.

My complaint to the BBC July 2012
“Full Complaint: Your statement 'Rangers went into administration owing up to £134m' is factually incorrect. We owe what we owe, not what we "might owe". We have not been proven to use EBT's illegally. The reality is we were forced into administration and then liquidation over debts of about £55m, of which half related to the absurd Whyte/Ticketus back room scam. That Whyte lied openly to us all about financing the club, working capital etc is conveniently overlooked. And it was the deliberate evasion of PAYE and NIC under Whyte that left HMRC with no choice but to reject the CVA irrespective of the BTC. But hey, why let the facts get in the way of a sensational £134m headline”
Bet you they deleted that straight away due to it being factual .

It has started already.

English has popped up already with ''the revised bill is 68m so I'm not sure an error from HMRC caused Rangers to go under''.

This is showing blatant disregard of the facts.

20+ million of this 68m figure related to the wee tax case (which Whyte agreed to pay on the Purchase Agreement with David Murray) and the deliberate non payment of PAYE, NI and resulting penalties and interest accrued from Whyte's deliberate act.

The remaining ''liability'' :rolleyes: relates to a bill for 10 years of EBT's which Murray was (rightly) on the face of it contesting as it was wrong. The interest and penalties are looking like being written off as they were incorrectly applied to an inflated bill. The bill will be reduced to 20m, which over a 10 year span only amounts to roughly 2m per season. But we pjoor overspent on players we couldnay afford n at :rolleyes:

Another 2 key points:

1) Murray actually offered a settlement of 10/12m which was rejected.
2) The Whyte portion of the liability simply doesn't happen without the phantom bill in the first place!

Be prepared to fight the misinformation that's coming out bears.

Can you give me a breakdown of what he alleges we owed v what in actual fact we could have owed?

Shettleston is blue in majority IMHO. Dont know why its tagged Catholic.

Because people outside Glasgow think the "east end" is a tim area while singing about the Brigton derry boys in the same breath.

Even the area around Parkhead is more Rangers. I get the rhyming slang but some people seem to take it seriously.

Shettleston is blue in majority IMHO. Dont know why its tagged Catholic.

I'm curious. Is Shettleston a bluenose-free zone these days? Somebody needs to enlighten me.

It's nothing to do with the religious demographic of the area. "Shettlestons" comes from "Shettleston Harriers" who are one of the oldest and most successful athletics clubs in the country.

It's cockney rhyming slang for "mentally challengeds" ;)

I had an idea but wasn't entirely sure. People could've been forgiven for thinking that it was linked to deprivation and voting SNP.

To be fair, that time they won by 75 votes and the last time there was a local election here the conservative guy won it for the first time ever...

A good way to figure out how the area leans is schools and pubs.

To be fair, that time they won by 75 votes and the last time there was a local election here the conservative guy won it for the first time ever...

A good way to figure out how the area leans is schools and pubs.
I take it that you're relatively local mate? As I posted earlier, I've known several bluenoses from Shettleston in my time.

Back