The Missing Players

Bluetou

Have seen a few folk mentioning our missing players tonight but lets be honest here how many are certain starters ? Aribo was the big miss tonight but look at the rest, Helander and Jack been missing most of the season, Bassey has covered well for Balagun so cant say he's a miss Roofe seems to be injured quite a lot, Arfield is in and out of the team,Davis is the only one other than Aribo who i think might have improved us tonight. My biggest concern is if we do get and accept a good bid for Aribo who do we turn to ? I think it's obvious after that performance tonight that we need somebody in that can fill the number 10 position.

Have seen a few folk mentioning our missing players tonight but lets be honest here how many are certain starters ? Aribo was the big miss tonight but look at the rest, Helander and Jack been missing most of the season, Bassey has covered well for Balagun so cant say he's a miss Roofe seems to be injured quite a lot, Arfield is in and out of the team,Davis is the only one other than Aribo who i think might have improved us tonight. My biggest concern is if we do get and accept a good bid for Aribo who do we turn to ? I think it's obvious after that performance tonight that we need somebody in that can fill the number 10 position.
Arfield would have started tonight in the absence of Joe and Davis would have started in the absence of both.
Helander would have started had he been fit and back playing.
Ryan Jack would have been the first name on the team sheet if he was back playing.
Roofe would certainly have played part of the match.

I will give you Balogun. :p

I don't think it would have really mattered if we play at such a low-tempo. The Sheep smelt blood tonight and went for it. They knew Clancy would allow it.

Arfield would have started tonight in the absence of Joe and Davis would have started in the absence of both.
Helander would have started had he been fit and back playing.
Ryan Jack would have been the first name on the team sheet if he was back playing.
Roofe would certainly have played part of the match.

I will give you Balogun. :p
I agree when they are fit most start, my point is we have played most of the season without them so we cant use that as an excuse tonight.

Problem is we have so few actually creative players - Aribo and Kent are the two only effective attack minded players we have. The other players are good at what they do but almost none of them are going to get you goals or indeed set them up.

It's something that needs addressed as you can't be relying on two players - an injury or a suspension and you are looking to grind out results most games.

Back