The money weve spent

tazzabear

That isnt the answer either, i watched redford, paterson, stevens , john mcdonald etc etc
All prods and we were rank.
That was the only thing we could sing about then.
Be careful here.
Two Drumchapel lads named.:)
Seriously, two very high purchases there, maybe even record buys and a exceptionally highly rated kid as well.
Redford, in particular, had a decent career on leaving us.

dt17

For the money we’ve and still no to win a trophy and to be this far behind is a down right disgrace
Would it be different if we'd won the league cup?

I mean, we lost that game to an offside goal so I can't really be over critical about that performance.

Square and compass

He's having a better season than last year. Nearly everybody was happy when we signed him permanently, he's out of form.
I didnt get the urgency to sign him . He was good but not
Be careful here.
Two Drumchapel lads named.:)
Seriously, two very high purchases there, maybe even record buys and a exceptionally highly rated kid as well.
Redford, in particular, had a decent career on leaving us.
You know what i mean though.
Jim Bett was brilliant when he left us, i think Souness wanted to bring him back.
We were a basket case around 1983.

Laudrup1

I’d rather see a team of players like docherty Murphy Mac Gregor and Halliday get beat and hurt because of it, than a team of players who play for the wage and don’t give a fxck
Utter bullshit.

We saw players like that (Greegs excepted) take tankings of Celtic and lose 4-0 at Tynecastle.

You want to go back to that? Gies piece.

You want us knocked out by the likes of Progres instead of playing Braga in the last 32?

Rarely does a post contain as much shite as you've posted there.

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
Great summary.
I’d been racking my brain trying to find all the disastrous signings.
I still believe this is an issue of form rather than class.
We have some decent players, but not enough. No signings have been a disaster but not many have influenced things in the here and now. Some of the younger guys you can see a few years before they're battle ready. We don't have a few years.

But we are where we are....I'd personally suggest no more Liverpool loan signings or players who have spent years club to club and are not really winners at any level.

Square and compass

I am hurt after a defeat, doesnt mean i can get a game for us.
The players mentioned bar mcgregor will not win a league never mind a cup.
Rangers minded or not, there is no one in the team and squad who have performed since the break.
The results tell you that.
If there is not a good in form run till May, then changes need to happen whether its a virtual clear out or the management goes.
Whats the point of investing all that money.

tomvallance1983

What a waste of money we have spent on players to many not good enough for our club and the wages there getting shocking half them don't even give a f?? K

Titles over
I think they do give a %^*&. It’s a lack of confidence if anything.

as another poster mentioned any other season we’d be doing well. Just happens they’re having a great season and no one else is able to take points off them

MB1872

Would it be different if we'd won the league cup?

I mean, we lost that game to an offside goal so I can't really be over critical about that performance.
If we had won the cup a don’t think we’d have went on to bottle the league , we’ve spent over 20 million to finish second ffs

bornabluenose

The ‘joke’ was that we paid it.

Personally I wouldn’t have gone above £4m for him. I said so at the time.

For a club in our position to shell out £7m on a player, we needed him to be a genuine matchwinner for us. We essentially needed him to be our star player, one who would make the difference in games like last night or against Aberdeen.

I never felt Kent was that player even last season.

For £7m we could have found a better player with better stats to slot straight in.

Which isn’t to say I don’t rate Kent, I do, and feel he just needs to have more confidence in himself, but the pricetag always threatened to weigh too heavily on his shoulders.

I really hope he can live up to it.
Hard to argue with that assessment.

Bigbluebear

If we had won the cup a don’t think we’d have went on to bottle the league , we’ve spent over 20 million to finish second ffs
Would it have stopped Alfie being suspended, Jack and Barisic getting injured, Tav getting an operation.

Unlikely

AllanD

The thing that worries me is that our 3 best players are Warburton and Pedro era signings. Even if you throw in McGregor and Davis, they were here previously and hugely successful so it’s not really indicative of top notch scouting is it....:
Who do you have down as top 3? I'd have Morelos, Borna and then 3rd is a toss up between Shagger, Jack, Davis and Tav.