The Morelos Problem

Unfortunately people only believe what they want to believe.

Pena was a rolls Royce who was actually just to clever for his team mates…. Apparently.

He wasn’t out of shape and wasn’t a booze bag….. apparently.

Morelos wasn’t playing poorly last season…. He just wasn’t scoring goals because his game had changed (as if he went from playing centre forward to centre defence)

We don’t believe things because we don’t want them to be true. Quite often - there’s no smoke without fire though.

Tell that to some of the Morelos fanboys on here. They're still banging on about how great he is. If you dont agree you're a Morelos hater.

Interesting how Scaramanga has gone back into hiding. He might go back to dangerzone.

I think for this game worrying about his transfer fee isn't really a concern. I doubt many of the teams who were interested will be at the moment sadly. Bottom line, he hasn't been doing the job and therefore should be dropped. We can't just play someone because of a potential sale.

I wouldn't have Morelos anywhere near the starting line-up. However, as a sub definitely.

He’s finished with us IMO

And with his current attitude, unless something drastically changes he won’t do much else in his career
I was watching the feyenoord and Porto games, world class finishes by morelos, 2 stunning headers and a brilliant headed chance for his 3rd saved at de kuip, plus at Ibrox the goal v Porto where he let's the ball move across his body before banging it into the net up the copland, incredible goals, and a few others, now the man is sadly totally unfit, fat and unrecognisable.

Problem is he's crap sorry but that's my take,hope he proves me wrong but not holding my breath,should have been sold when we got offered 16 million

Tell that to some of the Morelos fanboys on here. They're still banging on about how great he is. If you dont agree you're a Morelos hater.

Interesting how Scaramanga has gone back into hiding. He might go back to dangerzone.

I did / do actually really rate Morelos.

But I’m also a footballing football fan with a history of playing at a professional then semi professional level, therefore I like to think I can call it as fairly and balanced as I see it.

Morelos was an absolute machine for the first half of 2019/2020 season. He terrorised any defender he came up against and scored goals for fun.

Since then he’s been an absolute shadow of himself and we (fans) are looking for something that’s not there.
Fück me he was getting credit for linking up play (why wouldn’t you expect that from a professional footballer) but that was deemed as an excuse for not scoring goals or terrorising defences (as if it had to be one or the other). Lol

As I said, fir all the people screaming “his roles changed”….. he’s still a forward/striker! He’s not turned into a left back or centre back FFS.

Call it how it is. He was performing great, he’s now not.

If Morelos had signed in January 2020, summer 2020, January 2021 or summer 2021 - we’d be looking to upgrade him based on what he’s offered.
Prior to January 2020 - he was phenomenal.
So is he living off past glories….?

Signing someone on a ‘Bosman’ saves you a fee - but you end up paying far more in signing-on fee, Agents cut and salary as a consequence.

It would’t surprise me in the slightest.
You’re right in what you say about fees and salary but I’m sure I heard Roofe is the highest paid player in Scotland

True or not I don’t get hung up on anyone’s wages

Looking at the GVB threads its all its a clean slate now for all the players, looking at this thread its get Morelos to f%^k so which is it, as I'm confused

Surely its in Rangers best interests for the new Management Team to try and rehabilitate him so we can sell him for a decent price and get a replacement who wants to be here

He is one of the most overrated players we have ever had,season on season he downs tools only to be rewarded improved contracts,time for to prove he is the real deal
And get the blind backing of a lot of the support

Looking at the GVB threads its all its a clean slate now for all the players, looking at this thread its get Morelos to f%^k so which is it, as I'm confused

Surely its in Rangers best interests for the new Management Team to try and rehabilitate him so we can sell him for a decent price and get a replacement who wants to be here

This is true mate.

However, any rehabilitation can’t come at the expense of our results. Ideally we’ll successfully achieve both but if a poorly performing Morelos needs dropped out the team for an inform Sakala, Roofe or a return of Itten (if that were to happen) then so be it.

Same goes for any player.

In this day and age it's incredible that there's not a photo of him in these clubs on social media
I know someone that pre-COVID worked at the club he frequents and it is 100% true that he’s in there on a regular basis. Also know a few others that since everything has reopened have also seen him in there multiple times. Not saying he’s falling about drunk every time he goes out but he certainly does go out a lot.

I know someone that pre-COVID worked at the club he frequents and it is 100% true that he’s in there on a regular basis. Also know a few others that since everything has reopened have also seen him in there multiple times. Not saying he’s falling about drunk every time he goes out but he certainly does go out a lot.
Fair enough mate,

I’ve never went anyway old yin, don’t tell porky pies. I’ll bet plenty wish you’d go into hiding though, back into your bunker with Bill Leckie and Delboy where you can bond over your mutual hatred (and obsession) with AM.

I’ve never went anyway old yin, don’t tell porky pies. I’ll bet plenty wish you’d go into hiding though, back into your bunker with Bill Leckie and Delboy where you can bond over your mutual hatred (and obsession) with AM.
And there we have it. The old Morelos hatred line.

Amusing seeing you double down given that pretty much every other staunch defender of Morelos has finally woken up to see what I, and some others have been seeing and saying for some time regarding him.

Welcome back mate. I wondered where you had gone, but thought I recognised your avatar.

Morelos is a talented boy when his attitude is right. This season he has been a disgrace both in application and attitude, he is also overweight and i'm getting sick of the sight of him

The biggest different in his game for me is his now inability to beat a man. He used to bully players with his power. Either with his back to goal or taking a player on. You just don’t see that anymore.

All strikers have barren spells. The difference is they are continually hitting the target or being in the right position. I think last week he had one shot on target and in some games prior to that he had none. I don’t think he will play tonight. I think Gerrard had finally seen enough in the weeks leading up to his departure.

Amusing seeing you double down given that pretty much every other staunch defender of Morelos has finally woken up to see what I, and some others have been seeing and saying for some time regarding him.

Its a waste of time trying to reason with this fool. He cant admit when he's wrong and just resorts to abuse, or a name change when he gets embarrassed.

Morelos needs to be played like he used to be. The whole dropping a bit deeper doesn't suit him.

Gvb needs to get him forward and greedy then we sell in January after he scored 10 goals in December :))

If he scores 10 in December everyone on here would be greeting if we sold him. Fact.

Tell him to stay right up top against the 2 central defenders would be a start.
We don't have too many reliable options to drop him completely.

1. New individual training routine for him, designed to remove weight and build up speed
2. Tell him to stay up front

That's the obvious short term solution.

He needs to get down the barbers, shave half of that hair off, get a set of gloves tonight and prepare for a few knee slides tonight!!

3038.jpg

I think there are a few issues with Morelos.

1. I believe he thought he would leave in the summer and has been left a bit disheartened that it never happened
2. I think he has been instructed to play differently, which is taking him out of the box too often and making him so easy to play against
3. 1&2 have left him frustrated and isolated on the pitch, he is not getting goals, he is not getting service.
4. He definitely looks to be carrying a bit of weight, I wouldn't say fat but he needs to drop a few pounds and get a bit leaner because even when lean he is not blessed with pace, so adding a few pounds on will not help.

Tonight will be interesting to see if he starts and if he does it will be interesting to see what he has been instructed to do. If he is dropping deep constantly and has not been instructed do so then he needs subbed for Sakala.

After his (or lack off) performance on Sunday, I was really angry. His lack of effort, movement or desire was terrible. I expect Gio will read him the riot act, I also expect that after the comment during the presser about letting the players know what is expected both on and off the pitch, players will be more tightly reigned in with regards nightclubs. I expect a big improvement on attitudes tonight. With an improvement in attitudes, should come an improvement in performance. Here's hoping anyway!

Double down? This must be about the 20th time you’ve made some daft statement without bothering to read what I’ve said on a subject. Doubling down would be me continuing to defend him when I know deep down he deserves to be criticised, sort of like you do with Tavernier when you’re off trying to blame his mistakes on everyone else.

You and your old mate go after AM even when he’s doing well, it’s what you’re known for.

Sakala needs to start tonight and bring Alfie on and tell him to work his arse off.

If he can't even do that then bin him for a few weeks.

Drop him and no chance of a half- decent offer in January.
Keep him in team and play a man short based on his recent performances.
Hope GVB has the solution!
BTW this could also apply to a few of the other starters!
I am wondering what all the posts will be on Alfie if GVB starts to get him scoring and reproducing again, although having seen the training videos I think he is looking out of shape and does not look enthusiastic in training like others are, I do hope the new background staff can turn it around cos it will benefit us in long run. I also wish Charlie Adam would give it a rest with his opinions on that tims PLZ about our players

He has checked out he is fat he is unfit he is lazy he has lost his pace a desire

It needs to come from within

I would be making him run beep tests every day then a 10k no football work until he is fit enough to be considered

I actually think he more immobile then Boyd second spell

Double down? This must be about the 20th time you’ve made some daft statement without bothering to read what I’ve said on a subject. Doubling down would be me continuing to defend him when I know deep down he deserves to be criticised, sort of like you do with Tavernier when you’re off trying to blame his mistakes on everyone else.

You and your old mate go after AM even when he’s doing well, it’s what you’re known for.
I’ve never went after Morelos when he’s been playing well

However, some folks definition of him playing well last season was taking the ball into feet and playing a pass 40 yards from goal. Whilst the rest of his game wasn’t up to scratch. His fan boys were delighted with that as his contribution whereas I was expecting more of him.

Some are easily pleased when it comes to Morelos whereas others rightly expect more of a Rangers striker.

As for your Tav nonsense, you’re rambling

It's not being a fanboy to disagree that Morelos is a booze-bag that's always out clubbing and eats fish suppers for fun.

He is an elite athlete, currently struggling for form / motivation. Very fixable.

I’ve never went after Morelos when he’s been playing well

However, some folks definition of him playing well last season was taking the ball into feet and playing a pass 40 yards from goal. Whilst the rest of his game wasn’t up to scratch. His fan boys were delighted with that as his contribution whereas I was expecting more of him.

Some are easily pleased when it comes to Morelos whereas others rightly expect more of a Rangers striker.

As for your Tav nonsense, you’re rambling
But you’ve both been talking bollocks here though. I’ve been nothing but scathing off him in recent weeks, I’ve made no attempt to defend or justify what I think is a shocking lack of effort and respect in general, and that’s not going to change so long as he half arses it and shows more interest in going up the dancing.

But let’s just be honest for once, you have barely ever relented on going after him even in periods of respectable form. Your mate there has only name dropped me because he’s got this infantile view that Morelos finally coming under serious and justified scrutiny, somehow validates every other time he, yourself and a few others have chosen to try and deride him.

Contrast that to yourself and one or two others trying to lay the blame for each of Tavernier’s mistakes at the door of any player who isn’t him, and you’ll see why you’re coming off as a serious hypocrite here. That includes your very conscious use of hyperbole when describing a subpar performance from Patterson as “garbage”, the same sort of thing you’re well known for with Morelos where every half chance becomes a “sitter” and so on.

I mean think logically for a second, there’s a good reason you have this reputation on the forum, it didn’t come out of nowhere. That’s all I have to say on it, because I’m not going to defend a player who looks as though he’s not interested anymore. But don’t let the fact that his current conduct is a disgrace get in the way of the fact that some of the criticism aimed at him in previous seasons has been every bit as much of a disgrace.

I hope the new managment team covered him in bin bags and made him do laps of Auchenhowie, probably chasing imaginary doughnuts.

It's as if the real Morelos has vanished and we've been left from the sulking wee brother from different strokes

images

Back