The most annoying football songs

Away supports at Ibrox singing "Walking away is the Rangers way" to 50,000 bears.

WTF are they on about?
Always makes me laugh, can you imagine the pricks leaving their house before the game;

Guy - "Right am away to the match it's Rangers away"
Missus - "Okay be safe and enjoy the match"
Guy - "Going to tell 50,000 Rangers fans how Rangers urny Rangers anymer and how walking away is the Rangers way even though they urny Rangers anymer"
Missus - "No bother dick head WATP"

Slagging other teams songs is always weird as it’s their songs and I’m sure their fans enjoying singing them.

Us as a fan base are so divided in what we sing it’s ridiculous. We have so many good songs that are absolutely ruined by certain lyrics or add ons about feniens etc. Yet here we are judging other fans songs because we don’t like hearing them.

Slagging other teams songs is always weird as it’s their songs and I’m sure their fans enjoying singing them.

Us as a fan base are so divided in what we sing it’s ridiculous. We have so many good songs that are absolutely ruined by certain lyrics or add ons about feniens etc. Yet here we are judging other fans songs because we don’t like hearing them.
Bloody hell mate, you’re a bit serious aren’t you?

Watching the Southampton v Derby game there, the home fans started up slow version of:
Oh. When. The. Saints.
Go. Marching. In.

Surely this dirge has to be the worst and most annoying football chant out there, along with the Spurs version.

Aside from the various IRAoke sung by the mhanks, what are FF’s least favourite songs?
the lee Wallace songs up there with the worst I've ever heard I liked him but glad he doesnae get a game now so a don't have to hear it cringey as %^*&

Loads of clubs have their own version but the one that sticks in my mind is the Arsenal fans singing about Mesut Ozil being better than Zidane, Arsene Wengers man etc. Give over.

Shall we sing a song for you.

We forgot that you were here.

I hate all that shite patter.
Me too, I hate all the up their own arses away fans with the, your support is fecking shit, is this a library bollocks. Your own support is fucking shit at home mate, just because there's two thousand pissed up arseholes doesn't mean you're fucking ultras.

Not a song but a chant. That " noise"that usually the home fans sing/shout as an away goalie takes a goal kick.
Surely that I I ra trash they used to sing must be the dirtiest sickening disgusting shite ever heard at a game? Yet they are offended by the word 19th Century Terrorist. Got to laugh or I would cry

There's a special place in hell reserved for Aston Villa fans singing "Holte Enders in the sky" to the tune of Ghost Riders.

you'll never walk alone (or YAWN) as it's more commonly known as......has got to be the most boring pathetic dirge ever! And as an earlier poster said, the tv commentators somehow portray it as being the best ever and most inspiring song in the world! I don't fkn think so...!

Totally agree and Liverpool's second song,the tottie howkers one with the lyrics changed to the Fields of Anfield Road is another dirge that has me reaching for the mute button.

The Seven Nation Army chant does my nut it. It’s so moronic.

Funny I feel this way because I quite like the White Stripes version

This won't go down well, but "Super Rangers" is downright embarrassing.

It's not so much the "19th Century Terrorist bastards"but more the "and we'll chase them everywhere."

Was it written by a child?

I always though it was “we’ll fight them anywhere” FF is an education

I’m with superrangers, I quite like it when this song gets going. You hear it more at away games these days though

See that version of 4 Lads Had a Dream that they play through the PA at Ibrox.

That. It's just so bad.

In terms of what other folk do the 2 syllable chant. "Scot-Land" "Chel-sea" "Ful-ham" "Ci-ty" etc etc

I just want to know who came up with the idea of singing at the football in the first place?

Whatever game it first started at must have been terrible, so bad that someone decided to just sing their heart out.

Still seems random as hell to me.

This won't go down well, but "Super Rangers" is downright embarrassing.

It's not so much the "19th Century Terrorist bastards"but more the "and we'll chase them everywhere."

Was it written by a child?

I don't like it much. If we are playing Hearts, why are we saying that we hate Celtic?

Why do we sing the wrong words to Derry's Walls and Follow Follow? The original words are so much better.
This annoys me too, especially when we may say of someone, "He came when duty called" but don't use that in the song. Baffling.

As an aside, I get grumpy when fans of other clubs ask why we sing about 'Battles in Ireland in the 17th Cent'. The fuckers forget that the revolution of 1688 was a fight for the whole of Britain's future - the outcome of which we are all grateful for.

Watching the Southampton v Derby game there, the home fans started up slow version of:
Oh. When. The. Saints.
Go. Marching. In.

Surely this dirge has to be the worst and most annoying football chant out there, along with the Spurs version.

Aside from the various IRAoke sung by the mhanks, what are FF’s least favourite songs?

It’s a dirge but it’s Southampton’s dirge.
Spurs version is embarrassing

‘Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea’ they just say Chelsea on repeat does my head in when watching them on tele.

The Villa one is even worse, given its in a screeching Brummie accent.

And nothing makes me cringe more than some generic English team's fans singing "They're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen." Give over. I could throw in "Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, we're going to Wember-ley" into that mix aswell. The lack of imagination is astonishing.

Reactions: VGM
Back