The most likely newspaper in Europe to go bust

Which Glasgow newspaper is most likely to go bust?

• Sunday Mail / Record

Votes: 627 80.6%
  • The Scottish Sun

Votes: 20 2.6%
  • Herald

Votes: 75 9.6%
  • Evening Times

Votes: 40 5.1%
  • Some other newspaper from continental Europe

Votes: 16 2.1%

• Total voters
I have seen their front page headlines plenty on here but what is it like on the inside? Does it actually have any local, national or international news or is just more of the same pish from amateur hacks with a grievance?

Does it have inside pages ?
With regard to other posts about how or who is funding this propaganda sheet, surely it cant be a difficult job to follow the money ? If its taxpayers then it's surely got to be the end of Sturgeon finally, despite bigger scandals being dismissed over the last 6 years.

Absolute rags, just a matter of time before one of them go under. Hopefully the record/mail.

With the way we receive news most media outlets operate online. Even at work hardly anyone brings a paper in. You see most scrolling on there phones.
When I got married, many years ago, one of the first things we did was order papers and milk to be delivered. Nearly everybody I knew did the same.
Nowadays I sometimes get a Sunday paper, but aren't bothering just now with little real football.
My two kids, now with their own families don't get any papers at all.
Everything on line or on their phones. The same with all their friends .
Times have changed for sure.

Daily record easy, they're truly on the rocks.

gn353b.png
Rats will always find another ship.

Sir Edward Carson had a cat it sat upon the fender,
Every time it caught a rat,
It shouted No Surrender

Just been out for my walk. It takes me past 2 newsagents so I paid attention this morning. I saw 4 folk with a newspaper and every one was probably in their 80s. Not scientific but probably a realistic measurement of their present readership. It’s only a matter of time.

Baillie Gifford are a very reputable firm. Did business with them years ago and at the time they were absolutely straight up and down

Just been out for my walk. It takes me past 2 newsagents so I paid attention this morning. I saw 4 folk with a newspaper and every one was probably in their 80s. Not scientific but probably a realistic measurement of their present readership. It’s only a matter of time.
Always stacks of them left in my local shop...as you say mostly pensioners I see with a paper these days too

Probably The Herald but I hope it’s the Record. Wouldn’t shed a tear if they all went under truth be told.

Back