The most likely newspaper in Europe to go bust

Which Glasgow newspaper is most likely to go bust?

• Sunday Mail / Record

Votes: 627 80.6%
  • The Scottish Sun

Votes: 20 2.6%
  • Herald

Votes: 75 9.6%
  • Evening Times

Votes: 40 5.1%
  • Some other newspaper from continental Europe

Votes: 16 2.1%

• Total voters

DarthVader

Official Ticketer
Following the Sunday Liam poll, I thought it worthy of our very own poll on our European press. Their sales were already in steep decline but will have fallen off a cliff, never to return again, since the lock down.

But who is most likely to be first to go?

Edit : not meant to be serious, just highlighting the absurdity of a survey

Last edited:
Following the Sunday Liam poll, I thought it worthy of our very own poll on our European press. Their sales were already in steep decline but will have fallen off a cliff, never to return again, since the lock down.

You should change it to what newspaper we want to go bust but include the option of all.

Went for the Sunday Mail and Record .
Businesses are only as good as their products. The 2 mentioned are quite literally devoid of any quality journalism. In fact I’d go are far as say the term “gutter press “ is a very apt description of these news papers. Although most tabloid papers are on the decline ,the fact that these papers have no talented individuals within their group , makes me think this group will be fist to collapse.

Not the national it is getting privately bankrolled so when the rest of the papers go bust it will be one of the few. We need to find out who and if they have any Russian connections it could get interesting for its parent company. Personally think it is taxpayers money from the SNP through other companies.

Went for the Sunday Mail and Record .
Businesses are only as good as their products. The 2 mentioned are quite literally devoid of any quality journalism. In fact I’d go are far as say the term “gutter press “ is a very apt description of these news papers. Although most tabloid papers are on the decline ,the fact that these papers have no talented individuals within their group , makes me think this group will be fist to collapse.

They play to their market. People with low standards are happy to accept substandard produce.

To be honest, I've been reading in here for years how The Record was just about to go bust. So we just ignore all their Rangers hating bias, let them get on with it while our strategy is to ask fans to help starve them to death.
We ignore them, we don't talk to BBC Scotland, we just laugh at the bias of Radio Clyde, and we should all live in a nice clean Rangers loving bubble getting news from our official sources and laughing while all those haters join the dole

As a strategy it doesn't work. It's just another form of dignified silence. I know it's an unpopular and minority view, but ignoring enemies just gives them free reign. It would be time consuming, probably expensive and might not work either, but I prefer a strategy where we actively challenge every negative story and look to get repeat liars sacked.
Out Hollicom them.

They will always hate us so try to make them fear us. Because right now they see us as a weak laughing stock and easy target.

They play to their market. People with low standards are happy to accept substandard produce.
Good point mate although I think the ‘journalists ‘ in their ranks are not capable of lifting their standards. But you are correct that they do appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Last edited:
I used to deliver the newspapers to the shops and my van (lorry at the weekends for heavier loads) was creaking under the load. That was 30 years ago when the Record had just under a million in daily sales.

The Sun newspaper caught up and overtook with their 10p per copy promotion.
Last I read the record was under 100,000 copies and the Sun not much better.

My old job must be as cushy as f uck now.

No chance of the official mouthpiece of the Reich being allowed to fold.

I have seen their front page headlines plenty on here but what is it like on the inside? Does it actually have any local, national or international news or is just more of the same pish from amateur hacks with a grievance?

To be honest, I've been reading in here for years how The Record was just about to go bust. So we just ignore all their Rangers hating bias, let them get on with it while our strategy is to ask fans to help starve them to death.
We ignore them, we don't talk to BBC Scotland, we just laugh at the bias of Radio Clyde, and we should all live in a nice clean Rangers loving bubble getting news from our official sources and laughing while all those haters join the dole

As a strategy it doesn't work. It's just another form of dignified silence. I know it's an unpopular and minority view, but ignoring enemies just gives them free reign. It would be time consuming, probably expensive and might not work either, but I prefer a strategy where we actively challenge every negative story and look to get repeat liars sacked.
Out Hollicom them.

They will always hate us so try to make them fear us. Because right now they see us as a weak laughing stock and easy target.
Exactly my feelings on these rags too.
Only need to take one of them to task preferably the SM and Record and the rest maybe think twice before publishing their propaganda.

The people I know that still buy the Sunday Mail say it’s for
Crossword or the magazine.

That’s how easy it is do do a poll.

Yeah, but we didn't get the opinion of "taps aff" crew dotted about the city yesterday. You know, those with pasty bodies and red forearms,and speak the local lingo and are experts in tax, finance and are connoisseurs of the finest beverages.

Edit : not meant to be serious, just highlighting the absurdity of a survey

Well done for the poll, wonder if any other Media groups will cash in, on our Poll

Great work Darth.
Look forward to the day those bastards masquerading as journalists for the Record get the bag.
C@nts.

Record/Sun/Evening Times will fold eventually, but it will be a slow process. They are still bought habitually in corner shops by older generations, only half read by many people. It takes a severe negative reaction, like Liverpool towards the Sun over Hillsborough, to break the habit. Very few of the younger, smartphone generation would pay for a paper.

I voted for the Herald, as it was once known for decent journalism, but has really descended into click bait drivel and opinions. Many articles are brazenly lifted from other sources.

You've also got to wonder how long advertisers will continue to fund these online outlets, since adblocking browsers are beginning to catch on.

I can remember waiting on my dad to come home from work so I could read the sport in the Record (60's/70's). It was a decent paper then. Sad that it has become what it is. Only themselves to blame. I won't shed any tears when it's gone.

I know that the Herald has now come away from those offices at the top of Renfield St and moved into smaller offices. I think too many morons still buy the Rhecord still.

I voted DR/SM more in hope than expectation. If they all closed tomorrow I'm not sure anyone would care!

Can't wait to see tomorrow's headlines.
" Recent poll shows that Record/Mail won't survive Corona crisis!"
This poll has as much credibility as anything else these lazy journalists publish these days.

I voted the daily record, can no longer be taken serious after the recent propaganda articles by keith. Everything that is wrong with professional journalism right there. Paid to print stories by having an informer. The main problem is, it biased and becomes irrelevant.

Daily record easy, they're truly on the rocks.

gn353b.png

Absolute rags, just a matter of time before one of them go under. Hopefully the record/mail.

With the way we receive news most media outlets operate online. Even at work hardly anyone brings a paper in. You see most scrolling on there phones.

Back