The mystery of Ronaldo in World Cup final 1998 resolved?

instructor

Just heard from Lineker that Ronaldo had an apparent seizure before the match. He was withdrawn from the team. He was taken to hospital who declared that he was ok. Ronaldo then wanted to play and was included in the team. Any other views on this?

Just heard from Lineker that Ronaldo had an apparent seizure before the match. He was withdrawn from the team. He was taken to hospital who declared that he was ok. Ronaldo then wanted to play and was included in the team. Any other views on this?

There is a documentary on BBC iPlayer just now mate.

All of this confirmed by the man himself.

That’s what was reported at the time but if it was a full grand mal or tonic clinic seizure he would not be fit for a game as he’d be mentally and physically exhausted.

The only real update in the doc, which is exceptional btw, is that Ronaldo suggests the seizure was caused by the immense pressure he was under on the day of the final.

Was watching the Brazil 2002 documentary earlier, they actually had a parliamentary commission setup to investigate what truly happened, one of the first questions they asked Ronaldo was who was meant to be on Zidane at the first corner :D

Fck sake the OP is just trying his best so give the guy a break.

Anyone seen the new the new film Rocky, about a fat loser who wins the boxing world title. merry Christmas all and a Happy 1983 when it comes.

P.S remember and sign the Domesday Book for the census.

Breaking news!!!

Osama Bin Laden, the founder and first leader of the Islamis militant group al-Qaeda, was shot several times and killed at his compound in the Pakastani City of Abbottabad.

Dont listen to anything big ears tells you!it was reported soon after that Ronaldo had had a seizure

I remember at the time, think it was Jon Motson on commentary, they read out the team sheets and they said he wasn't on it and won't be playing
Then all of a sudden they announced he was playing !
I thought once they announced the teams that was it, you then couldn't change it but that's FIFA for you corrupt to the core.
Also heard at the time it was Nike, Brazils sponsors,who insisted he was playing

Was watching the Brazil 2002 documentary earlier, they actually had a parliamentary commission setup to investigate what truly happened, one of the first questions they asked Ronaldo was who was meant to be on Zidane at the first corner :D
Rumour had it that it was supposed to be Ronaldo.

The only real update in the doc, which is exceptional btw, is that Ronaldo suggests the seizure was caused by the immense pressure he was under on the day of the final.
Nike rumoured to be putting pressure on him to play according to the Documentary

I remember the bullshit rumour from 1997 that he was coming to us because our kit maker was Nike.

The story goes that he would sign for us but would only play in old firm games and champions league and would not play against the cloggers of the spl.

Turned out it was bullshit and was just a pr stunt by Nike and Murray to boost kit sales.

Definetely took a seizure, it's confirmed in the documentary. He discusses the crazy conspiracies about it. People saying the French authorities had poisoned him :D

I remember the bullshit rumour from 1997 that he was coming to us because our kit maker was Nike.

The story goes that he would sign for us but would only play in old firm games and champions league and would not play against the cloggers of the spl.

Turned out it was bullshit and was just a pr stunt by Nike and Murray to boost kit sales.
Ronaldo himself confirmed we made an offer,the clip is on YouTube with him talking about.
There was never a chance he would have came to Scotland obviously, nobody at the time was convinced there was even a remote chance of it.
A nice ego trip for Murray though and to be fair for the fans.

5762b3fd1500002b0073ade8.png

When I had my 1st seizure the paramedic asked me what year it was and I got it wrong.

The medical team who OK'd him playing football that night should be ashamed.
I’ve had 2 seizures when I was working in Afghanistan and when the US Medics asked the day, year, who is president of US, when they realised I wasn’t American asked who the president of Britain is :)). I didn’t know the answer to any of it.

My whole body was so achey for days I could barely move never mind play football.

Back