Article The myths and the clamour for a Guard of Honour

I'm auld, my long term memory is good. :))
For a start, the league fixture you mentioned took place in the September.

Before that we played them ina LC section tie at Ibrox before 94,000. Andy Penman missed a penalty but equalised with a free kick with two minutes left.

I've never heard anyone saying they remember us clapping them onto the pitch the following season from their win in Lisbon.

We did clap them onto the pitch in March 64, as was explained in the OP and the circumstances behind it.

They are the only ones who have ever brought it up, their arrogance tried to use it to humiliate us and its backfired big time.
This in spades. I couldn't give a shit if those pricks gave us a guard of honour, it's cringey at best BUT they kicked up a stink when we didn't do it at Ibrox and Lennon gave us his snide remarks about them doing it for us if the shoe was on the other foot.
It's so convenient that he has left/been binned just before the prospect of him having to walk the talk.

Can't get fined in an empty stadium.
Pretty sure we did though.

Incidentally when mayhem was all around the scum hut back in Ne'erday 1994, the day that signalled the beginning of the end of the sellik dynasties, when the Rangers chairman copped a Mars Bar in the moosh. Rangers were fined for our behaviour that day.

We had nine people in the dug out as opposed to the alloted eight. You just couldn't make it up.

Pretty sure we did though.

Incidentally when mayhem was all around the scum hut back in Ne'erday 1994, the day that signalled the beginning of the end of the sellik dynasties, when the Rangers chairman copped a Mars Bar in the moosh. Rangers were fined for our behaviour that day.

We had nine people in the dug out as opposed to the alloted eight. You just couldn't make it up.
Don't get me wrong I'd rather we just walk off the pitch, no celebrations. Just another 3 points. Go nuts at Ibrox.

Like most I don’t want a guard of honour from them ever. There’s no chance they’d do it with fans in the ground that’s for sure . And when TLB suggested they would before he knew there was no chance we could with fans in the ground .

Article in the Golden Years page today has a bit of info on the guard of honouring 1964.

tcX7req.jpg

I for one, don't want a guard of honour from those filthy b*stards, I would never want our team to give the same back, leave well alone. I would however quite like our players to have a wee huddle when we beat them at their dump.
Didnt we do that one year, I think Oz was the captain and we were punished for it?

Back