The need of a third striker ?

Whosthedado9

What is the thoughts of FF on this ? I think we need a third incase Alfie is injured / suspended. I get Ojo could maybe play up too but I would not feel comfortable playing with Stewart up top like it has been suggested. Don’t know who it could be as don’t know who who would come to sit and play as 3rd striker.

According to GSP, a Scottish club is after CFR's Omrani. They are offering 3.5 m euros to sign him. He also has a proposal from Israel. It would be highly stupid from CFR to sell him for 3.5 m euros. https://t.co/DcJn2G8z61

According to GSP, a Scottish club is after CFR's Omrani. They are offering 3.5 m euros to sign him. He also has a proposal from Israel. It would be highly stupid from CFR to sell him for 3.5 m euros. https://t.co/DcJn2G8z61
Interesting. I never watched their game so don’t know who he is or if he is good. 3.5m to sit on our bench behind Alfie and Defoe so probs then being liked

What is the thoughts of FF on this ? I think we need a third incase Alfie is injured / suspended. I get Ojo could maybe play up too but I would not feel comfortable playing with Stewart up top like it has been suggested. Don’t know who it could be as don’t know who who would come to sit and play as 3rd striker.
We absolutely need cover imo.

Someone young, proven at a reasonable level but looking for a step up. Will be happy to be third choice with the view to becoming number 2/1 in time as he develops and we move players on (for mega bucks).

We hope to be playing well over 50 games this season.
We can't just hope both our strikers stay fit, stay on form and avoid suspension.

A 3rd striker is a must for me. I don't want to go into important games with only 1 forward, or maybe none.

We desperately need a third striker IMO! I thought Gerrard maybe viewed Stewart as a third option (not for me) but that been the case surely he would have started up top today?! If Defoe or Morelos picked up a serious injury we'd be struggling with just the one option over a long season

Scored a few at French youth level. Scored against an old firm team. Poor goal ratio than Morelos. Should be going for £20mill according to some on here....

Sounds interesting. Don’t know a lot about him but us and them are the only Scottish clubs they can be talking about. Would suspect it’s more likely to be them though. Don’t see us spending £3.5mill on a third choice

Comes up every week, if not several times a week. I’m happy with Morelos and Defoe switching, with either Ojo or Stewart if necessary and - assuming he doesn’t go on loan - Rudden as one to develop. For me that is absolutely more than enough in the formation we play. We aren’t forking out cash for someone who will be lucky to start 5 games over the course of the season.

Our major problem - perhaps our only problem if everyone stays - is the left-back area. That needs attended to rather than wasting resources on a seldom-used third (or even fourth or fifth) choice striker.

According to those tweets it's the scum who are after him.
Gaffer said our business is done unless a real bargain appears.
So did Gary mac so doubt it's us

Its gonna be a long hard season .Getting a decent quality striker in to push Alfie and Defoe could be hugely important .

Comes up every week, if not several times a week. I’m happy with Morelos and Defoe switching, with either Ojo or Stewart if necessary and - assuming he doesn’t go on loan - Rudden as one to develop. For me that is absolutely more than enough in the formation we play. We aren’t forking out cash for someone who will be lucky to start 5 games over the course of the season.

Our major problem - perhaps our only problem if everyone stays - is the left-back area. That needs attended to rather than wasting resources on a seldom-used third (or even fourth or fifth) choice striker.
I do get that and I do agree but just feel that today was the perfect chance to have a third striker on the bench. I do agree a left back is more important so just hope if we go with youth they are ready

Hahaha.sniffing the glue on a school night mate?

If you think that's a bad idea you should compare Sadiq against the sheep and tell me that he wouldn't have done a better job.

Oh aye, the boy can finish check out the game against the Danes.

Again, it's 3rd choice striker so basically an emergency.

In all honesty I get the feeling if we dont get rid of a couple more then it'll either be between a left back or striker (whatever Gerrard prefers most) to come in.

We may gamble until January with 1 of they positions, its whatever he sees as more of an impact on the team.

I seriously think if we don’t sign a left back then it could cost us over a season. 1 more signing could be the difference

Back