The negativity after dropping 2 points out of the last 48 available?

We’ve drawn games we could easily have won, it happens in football. Like Mr Gerrard I have faith in this team.

It’ll be the same crowd (large crowd too, not just a few) who wanted Walter out after the scum beat us in the New Year game to go 7 points clear. There’s a lot of mentalists in our support who expect perfection week in week out and get off on a bit of negativity ever now and then.

The age of social media has taken away all perspective. 15 league games won in a row. Further ahead of the scum than we were this time last week - yet some people properly threw their toys out the pram. They act like we never drew or lost games under Walter.

Its beyond mental. We've just won 15 on the bounce. Including 2 against Celtic and 1 away to Aberdeen. Do people.really think we are going to win every single game?

It's felt like this for a few years, to me. We went up the leagues smashing teams and that, coupled with Celtic's dominence and the 'nostalgia' of pre 2012, people think we should win every game by a canter.

It never felt like this before admin.

To be fair I think maybe the collapses at this stage of the season in the last couple of years are still fresh on peoples minds. This squad still has to show that they can win trophies.

I don’t think the overall performance was too bad yesterday. We just started too slow and let them get a lead that they defended with their lives. I’m confident we’ll get the points required over the next few months.

I think there are a few timposters on yesterday trying wind people up.

There is also others who who take it to extremes here as well though reality is we are no worse off than before

So I want league won as quick as yes but we can't win every game
‘No worse off’

We’re the same amount of points ahead with one less game, we’re in a better position.

Some folk are still convinced we are going to blow this lead for some reason. Look across the city right now. Look at the car crash they are at the moment. That's our only competition and they are unravelling in spectacular fashion.

Whereas we've been a model of consistency. On and off the park. We've had a bastard of a run over the past 3 months. Nonstop football more or less. Massive games both domestically and in Europe and we've only really dropped the ball once. They aren't going to be perfect every game. Players will go through bouts of poor form. That's part of winning titles. I think a lot of folk have forgotten that.

Not negativity so much as a warning. I think the vast majority of the criticism has just been constructive and fans giving their opinion on what is wrong and what should be done to fix it. When points are dropped against the bottom of the league team, there will always be discussion and surely this is the place for it? I think judging by the manager’s post match interview, he feels much the same.
The question the manager has to ask the players is “how much do you want to win this league?”getting Jack Arfield and Roofe back fit is crucial in the run in to the end of the season

What will/would be the reaction on here and social media if/when we lose a league game. Shall we just surrender the league?

I’ll start to panic if results start to snow ball or a continued pattern of draws or defeats but I think there is a massive over reaction from yesterday on here and some posts I’ve seen from social media.

And if that continues against Ross County at the weekend I’ll probably be the one panicking more than anybody to be honest but I think we should look at the bigger picture.

I totally get it/understand until this group of players has delivered us silverware there will always be doubt and questions after bad results but 1 draw after a tough December and January so far is not too bad if you take a deep breathe and think about it.
If the league is where it should be. Tighter. You would not feel the same. At 11 points clear we cannot afford to slip up. I remember a certain year prior to bust when we had a large lead and blew it. Win the league asap. Every game us a cup final or complacency like Sunday will set in. No one I'd panicking but we gave not played well since before xmas. Well meaning winning games solidly, not scraping by. This season is way too important on so many fronts

Kent and Aribo have been rotten for weeks and something needs to change. but we have 3 key players coming back in with Jack, Arfield and Roofe. that's been the general message and also highlighted on the H&H post match analysis last night - and i tend to find they are typically bang on with their conclusions

Kent was good against Aberdeen but down from the standards he is capable of against Motherwell.

I agree regarding Aribo, he hasn't been on good form for a while, some criticism on here goes a bit OTT but some people on here seem to think that under-performing players should be immune from constructive criticism.

I was really disappointed yesterday but then realised we've been spoilt this season and the result wasn't that bad considering how the other lot got on. Maybe there was a bit of complacency in the first half, so yesterday was a good reminder that we cant just turn up and expect to win without putting up a fight.

every title winning gers team dropped unexpected points, I can't remember one with such a big lead in Jan though, and considering the tims never actually gained any ground on us, the mini melt down by some is beyond my comprehension, I was disappointed at not winning the game yesterday, but 5 mins after the game, my mood went to, oh well no harm done, one less game to 55, next game please.
A sensible reaction

I don't get the negativity at all, 46pts from 48pts and suddenly half the team need to be dropped or replaced! I fully understand anyone being nervous, after what we've been through there is still this nagging doubt especially from the younger supporters but lets seperate these 2 feelings!
I don't think it is the younger supporters.

The last time we dropped points (Hibs in September...) posters on here were throwing all sorts at Gerrard and talking about the league being over.

I wonder under what circumstances some people think that getting a draw is not the end of the world?
The threads after the St Mirren defeat would embarrass a few.

I don't see it as negative (dropped points that is) at all. Dropped points were inevitable - we've not been at our best and eventually it will cost you. There is no team or athlete in sport that wins every single match/trophy. When you struggle to get going for near on 60 minutes, then you risk dropping points - even being poor for a long period of the game, we still should have won. We didn't, we move on.

It also gives every one a wee wake up call, a nudge up the backside - you've got to earn wins and league titles, they aren't just handed to you.

The manager, his backroom staff and the players will be working over time to make sure we get back on track.

Our winning run starts again on Saturday, we make sure we grab all three points and get that bit closer to '55.

We are rangers the previous 45 points mean nothing. We must win every game and if we don’t the fans are going to criticise.

We all patted ourself on the back in January 2020, we had dropped few points in over half a season. Well nobody was bothered by those 20 games in March 2020

The next 45 points are all that matter to me until we have a trophy in the bag.

I think many fans ( who haven’t experienced us winning the league ) along with many of us who have are just desperate to get this league over the line as soon as possible.

We all know what it will mean to us as fans and the club as a whole.

We took a huge gamble on a rookie manager who has raised our profile in Europe and has us on the verge of being crowned champions.

Through good recruiting and coaching we are on the verge of greatness again.

Only a massive collapse can stop us from taking our title back and that’s very unlikely you would think.

This is our time.

I don't see it as negative (dropped points that is) at all. Dropped points were inevitable - we've not been at our best and eventually it will cost you. There is no team or athlete in sport that wins every single match/trophy. When you struggle to get going for near on 60 minutes, then you risk dropping points - even being poor for a long period of the game, we still should have won. We didn't, we move on.

It also gives every one a wee wake up call, a nudge up the backside - you've got to earn wins and league titles, they aren't just handed to you.

The manager, his backroom staff and the players will be working over time to make sure we get back on track.

Our winning run starts again on Saturday, we make sure we grab all three points and get that bit closer to '55.
It helps the points we dropped were the same weekend as them. So our first dropped points in months and theyre no closer to us.

Thats a further kick in the stones for them. Theyre still 21 points behind.

Its beyond mental. We've just won 15 on the bounce. Including 2 against Celtic and 1 away to Aberdeen. Do people.really think we are going to win every single game?
I can't believe that Rangers fans are indifferent to dropping points when there's a league to be won.

What's wrong with thinking that Rangers will win every single game in the spfl, I'd be more concerned if so called fans thought that we'd lose or draw against any teams in this league.

If we want to win this league we should be relentless in making sure we get 3 points in every game.

That's what champions do.

The overreaction to dropped points often comes from those who had us winning the league already and winning every game by at least 3-0. When their unrealistic expectations aren't met, they swing to the other extreme.

We're all disappointed with yesterday's result. It's ok to be concerned as well. It's a huge season for various reasons. I think, though, the players/management have deserved a little trust.

I understand people being anxious or nervous though some folk may have taken things too far. Also, some of our recent performances haven't been the greatest. I think we miss Ryan Jack in particular, but you need to be able to cope with injuries etc. Hopefully he'll be back soon but, in the meantime, we're still in a great position.
I think if you'd have said to me we'd beat both Celtic and Aberdeen minus three key players I'd have thought no chance but we did,but I think there is a concern that,apart from Davis we look light weight with Kamara and Aribo,good players though they are they need to step up and I think Aribo in particular links up better with Arfield and we need a replacement for Kent to strengthen when his form dips. I don't think the Gaffer will allow for complacency and we'll need to step up against County as they look a different animal under Hughes.

I can't believe that Rangers fans are indifferent to dropping points when there's a league to be won.

What's wrong with thinking that Rangers will win every single game in the spfl, I'd be more concerned if so called fans thought that we'd lose or draw against any teams in this league.

If we want to win this league we should be relentless in making sure we get 3 points in every game.

We all want to win every game.

Realistically it's never going to happen. Much better Rangers teams than this one have dropped more points.

For me it’s not the fact we dropped points but the manner in which we did so.
Having come through a difficult schedule with full points and Celtic dropping again we line up against the bottom team , a team we have scored 12 against in the 3 previous games with the opportunity to turn the screw even more.
The worry is too many of our players did not seem to realise what the opportunity was all about and produced a performance reminiscent of last season.
Hopefully it’s a one off and we get back in to the groove at the weekend.

Hopefully sets us up on our next unbeaten run. Folk (myself included sometimes) are a bit nervous and mental with what's at stake. It's why we love the game and Rangers so much. We dropped points yesterday that we shouldn't have. We move on, in an extremely comfortable position to hopefully right that against RC.

Mental mate it was never going to happen if you had told me this is were well be at tge start of the season I'd of laughed. Also for the people saying we've been poor the last few months yes we might have been but how often have we said that about the mentally challengeds in year's gone by but they still kept on winning
You destroy your own arguement with the last five words ;)

To be fair I think maybe the collapses at this stage of the season in the last couple of years are still fresh on peoples minds. This squad still has to show that they can win trophies.

I don’t think the overall performance was too bad yesterday. We just started too slow and let them get a lead that they defended with their lives. I’m confident we’ll get the points required over the next few months.
Correct MM. We have ten years of frustration and fear building up and I can understand the emotion and disappointment after dropped points. I am one of the shite bag loyal who won't celebrate until it's officially over and I am nervous for every game. However, the team have earned a bit of trust after that amazing run of wins and still undefeated is a remarkable stat for us. Keep the head bears.

Steven Gerrard was critical of the team aswell. We didn’t turn up first half, the manager says as much. Some of the criticism is beyond belief but the team deserved a bit of criticism yesterday and a wee reminder that we need to be on it from the first whistle.

Steven Gerrard was critical of the team aswell. We didn’t turn up first half, the manager says as much. Some of the criticism is beyond belief but the team deserved a bit of criticism yesterday and a wee reminder that we need to be on it from the first whistle.
Being on it is all we can ask , sometimes you can go down fighting but to go down with no fight is the unacceptable part.

What will/would be the reaction on here and social media if/when we lose a league game. Shall we just surrender the league?

I’ll start to panic if results start to snow ball or a continued pattern of draws or defeats but I think there is a massive over reaction from yesterday on here and some posts I’ve seen from social media.

And if that continues against Ross County at the weekend I’ll probably be the one panicking more than anybody to be honest but I think we should look at the bigger picture.

I totally get it/understand until this group of players has delivered us silverware there will always be doubt and questions after bad results but 1 draw after a tough December and January so far is not too bad if you take a deep breathe and think about it.
Could it be some are hellbent to cause negativity around our club at every small issue to cause splits and infighting for other reasons other than supporting Rangers ?

The fear for some is the poor and ebbing displays of late and the draw on Sunday being the start of the snowball, which is understandable after the past two seasons. It was around now in past seasons we folded like a cheap suit.

Yesterday wasn't an issue long as we beat Ross County then follow it up with 3 points at Easter Rd.

What I will say though is if we turn up in the next 2 games with the same lack luster performance as yesterday then we'll be in trouble because we wont win both.

As mentioned, until this squad of players prove they can get over the line & show us they can do it over 38 games then there will always be question marks after poor performances and dropped points.. Gerrard and the players need to earn our trust.

Beat Ross County & Hibs and the rest of the season will be a stroll.. if we don't then fans will rightly ask questions.

I thought the response was a lot less negative than post st mirren and rightfully so.

Fact is we reacted brilliantly to that defeat and if this is what we need to get a reaction and go on another run (albeit 15 wins will be hard to match) then so be it!

People are wary of our collapse last year but It’s not only that. We’ve consistently underperformed when the expectation was on us in the cups and business end of the league.

Lets be honest 99% of us privately had this years league cup sitting in our trophy room the minute Celtic were put out by County. Another big game and we blew it, a cup that was ours to lose, lost before we even get to hampden. It’s happened in every cup we’ve played and twice in the league.

I don’t think we will blow it, I do see the team growing in confidence and finding a winning mentality. But those who mention 15 straight ins conveniently forget our elimination from the cup in the middle of it by a team of jobbers.

I think with this season in particular, what's at stake and the position We are in, it's more the fear of losing than the joy of winning that grips a lot of people. If the inevitable was to happen, there would be no coming back from it mentally, we are virtually kicking every single ball together with the team. Mistakes are being magnified out of panic and comments exagerated rather than basic negativity. My nerves are totally shagged and will get worse each game now

The question the manager has to ask the players is “how much do you want to win this league?”

Why? Because we drew a game? It hardly suggests a lack of desire to win the league. In fact fighting back from being a goal down to win a hard fought point against a team playing for their top flight survival suggests a real will to win it.

Not team has won every league game except for us in 1899/1900. It’s completely unrealistic to expect we will win every game, there will be bumps along the road

To be fair FF has been pretty balanced on the whole.

I don't have twatter or Facebook but I think half of those eejits are imposters anyway.

Back