The negativity of Kamara's play

I almost feel like I'm making a scapegoat of him, but he had me near having an aneurysm today. Slowing play down, playing the ball back to Goldson constantly when he has better options going forward, and I can't for the life of me understand why he is placed on the edge of the box for corners when he has next to no shooting ability.

At the moment I don't see what he brings to the team and I certainly don't think he should be starting any time soon.
When i seen his name in pub before we walked round to go in my heart sunk i think hes a man down a lightweight i cant wait to see the back of him- jack in the middle is night and day to him:mad:

Needs Jack or someone else in there to hold his hand. Great footballer when he’s on it but he’s not cut out for a team that needs to win every week.

This business of hyping then knocking is tiring.

Guilty myself at times but they are what they are.

Aribo, Kamara, Kent, Goldson. We have a full team of them. EPL mid to bottom level substitute/reserve squad type players. Players who unless a team like us comes along would be contracted to a Liverpool, Arsenal for years and would be subjected to getting farmed out on loan every so often, hitting it in some places then missing it in another.

That's ours and celtics level.

Aribo, Kamara, Kent, Goldson. We have a full team of them. EPL mid to bottom level substitute/reserve squad type players. Players who unless a team like us comes along would be contracted to a Liverpool, Arsenal for years and would be subjected to getting farmed out on loan every so often, hitting it in some places then missing it in another.

You're right on the money! Been saying this for years. Some people need to take the blinkers off and get realistic and accept it!

You're right on the money! Been saying this for years. Some people need to take the blinkers off and get realistic and accept it!
Not ideal either but if we had a core of fit Scotland national team starting 11 type players we'd be absolutely fine domestically season in season out.

He’s scared to drive forward with the ball and when he does, it’s at snails pace.

A mouse of a player. He will never step up for us in key games.

A square ball, tempo killer. Always has been. Grossly over rated by many on here. Once in a while he drops his shoulder and everyone is beside themselves about how good he is. But the truth is that the number of times he makes a positive contribution is very limited. Far more often he just sucks the life out of our tempo.

The blindingly obvious thing do do at HT and at all points thereafter today was to put Balogun on for Kamara and move Lundstram back into midfield. I had no issues with Lundstram’s performance at centre half but we desperately missed him in midfield. Instead we got the usual pedestrian rubbish from Kamara.
Exactly this

One of many players I can’t wait to see never play for Rangers again.

There is a core group of losers in this team since 2017 up until now and I cannot wait to see the back of some of them and never play for our club again.

55 means absolutely f*ck all after handing the mentally challengeds and their fat Australian mess of a manager a double on a plate.

For a professional footballer his shooting is woeful. It’s really bad.
Why on Earth is he the guy chosen to take up the edge of the box shooting position when we have a corner?

Every time it comes to him you just know it’s either row Z or a jelly-ankled trundler to nowhere.

Surely other players would be better options?

Did well in the structured midfield where he always had a fullback bombing forward to the left of him that presented a easy option to get the ball forward. Now that isn't happening as often he's got to be more influential which i'm not sure he's capable of. As another poster said i think mentality is an issue with him, he's one that i feel shrinks in these kinds of runs, can't remember if it was in the league or cup but when we were in a bad run of form he had a horror show at Tynecastle where he just froze on the ball and Hearts scored seconds after.

Every time it comes to him you just know it’s either row Z or a jelly-ankled trundler to nowhere.
That is unfortunately the type of shot we see too often from far too many players with the worst culprits being kamara, kent and arfield.

He was complete and utter dug shite today and the fact he played 90 minutes is astounding. Passing was horrific at times and he looks every bit a £50k player when we were going forward. Embarrassing performance.

Used to be a massive fan. Can barely stand seeing him now, I don’t see what he brings in 90% of our games. He doesn’t score or assist, he doesn’t run forward and commit players, he doesn’t pass the ball forward, he’s half the player Ryan Jack is in our midfield.

I almost feel like I'm making a scapegoat of him, but he had me near having an aneurysm today. Slowing play down, playing the ball back to Goldson constantly when he has better options going forward, and I can't for the life of me understand why he is placed on the edge of the box for corners when he has next to no shooting ability.

At the moment I don't see what he brings to the team and I certainly don't think he should be starting any time soon.
Agree totally he has become a very negative player who is not offering much going forward.

He has been great in Europe or against the tims where we need that sort of defensive player to mop things up in tight areas and keep us just ticking along. Now he isn't even getting much of a look in for the big European games.

His form has dropped and he is pretty much a luxury player now for us as he has far too many shortcomings to play in a team who will have so much of the ball in the opponents half.

Both of the above were pretty unimaginable not too long ago but that's where we currently are with him.

He wasn’t the reason we dropped points today but we have to be realistic about players. He was a free from Dundee that we paid some money for to get him in early. I thought it was a smart move and it helped him settle but he’s never been anything other than a backup, neat and tidy but excels in nothing. I personally wouldn’t pick him unless we had injuries in midfield and there are some interesting youngsters I would rather invest in.

The difference between him and Ryan Jack is stark. Jack is always looking to drive forward.

his skills against lego were top drawer, goal against hearts shows what he could do but is doing nothing in the midfield just now in this role .Do you think this is why Ryan Jack looks so good when this is the competition ?

The difference between him and Ryan Jack is stark. Jack is always looking to drive forward.

I’ll admit to flipping on these players and I’m struggling to see what kamara offers us now other than to come on for the last 20-30 when we need to close out a game. Even then, after today, I’m not so sure

No point in him ever being on the park when we're chasing a goal late on.
Most appropriate comment on this thread.

Today, looking for somebody to come on and add a bit of extra attacking to the team, you'd be looking at the existing players on the field and thinking, "Who hasn't been particularly impressive ? Who isn't going to pop up with a late run into the box and a wining goal ? Who can I take off that we'd actually improve afterwards ?"

Kamara.

I always rated him, but imo since the Kudela incident he's never been the same for us.
Needs intensive and appropriate coaching and management to return him to the midfield player he was.

When Davis was playing he was the playmaker and Kamara the holder, it suited Kamara. He was asked to be a playmaker today and he can't do it

Agree...the slowing down just allows the opposition to pack their defence which they did in spades today...happens in pretty much every game these days in the league.

Said it so many times he’s the Master of the Back Pass, on the few occasions when he decides to take the shackles off he can be quite outstanding, however too many times he’s inconspicuous on the pitch and brings nothing.

He certainly never cost us the game today but I do get this train of thought, his inability to take a shot on is a real source of frustration but he’s had great moments for us and deserves time. Doesn’t make our best eleven for me at the moment.
He doesn't shoot because he doesn't really have that skill in his locker.
It's really that simple. If we stick with him, then we need to recognise what he does and doesn't bring to the table.

A square ball, tempo killer. Always has been. Grossly over rated by many on here. Once in a while he drops his shoulder and everyone is beside themselves about how good he is. But the truth is that the number of times he makes a positive contribution is very limited. Far more often he just sucks the life out of our tempo.

The blindingly obvious thing do do at HT and at all points thereafter today was to put Balogun on for Kamara and move Lundstram back into midfield. I had no issues with Lundstram’s performance at centre half but we desperately missed him in midfield. Instead we got the usual pedestrian rubbish from Kamara.
Totally agree.

It as actually a disgrace when, instead of passing the ball forward, he decided to pass it sideways yet again and hit the ref.

He offers us absolutely nothing and looks lost without jack or Davis beside him.

Another one that should be shown the door in the summer.

the same players who were outstanding in knocking out Dortmund. Cant get my head around how they can be so poor against SPFL dross

He was awful today. Side to side pish.

Offered nothing in a defensive or offensive sense.

Lundstram is a far better player in that position. I’m not saying he’s a world beater but at least he can drive forward, pass forward, tackle and had a bit of dig about him. Kamara does none of this.

He’s useful when we need to slow the game down and retain possession but hopeless when we are trying to get on the front foot.

Kamara is mentally weak and hides in these games.

the same players who were outstanding in knocking out Dortmund. Cant get my head around how they can be so poor against SPFL dross
All it takes is a couple players to play out their skin in a couple of one of big European nights to mislead us about their actual level.

Their energy is up and adrenaline is high for a game against a European powerhouse then they drop their game for well at home because their tired.

That's their quality. One off games they're outstanding however they cannot keep up the standard consistently which is why they are here and not earning quadruple the money at mid table EPL dross.

It as actually a disgrace when, instead of passing the ball forward, he decided to pass it sideways yet again and hit the ref.

He offers us absolutely nothing and looks lost without jack or Davis beside him.

Another one that should be shown the door in the summer.
It looks to me if he is just seeing out the remaining games of the season now.

Nearly lost it watching him stand still as Alfie wins the ball on the edge of the box.

Instead of pressing up and either running on or causing the defence to converge on him before slipping a ball through...it's just played to the side and up the wing.

Back