The new LED advertising boards

uaerangers

Ibrox looking sensational in the sun and from all of the pictures being posted, it is evident how much work has gone into making our glorious stadium get back into tip top condition.
One question I have on the Broomloan and Copland rd mid tier LED advertising boards, why do they not run the full length of the stand? There is approximately (going by the pictures) about 2 meters of space at either end, which I think looks odd. Does anyone in the know, know of this is due to be corrected, or if it is meant to be like that?

Don't know if anyone else noticed towards the end of the 2nd half, they froze and started flashing bright red and then turned off for a minute or so, hopefully just minor issues

Heres the one at the Broomloan

The clock and the scoreboard below and to the left of the big screen is new is it not? Saw folk moaning about no clocks last week I'm sure. I'm guessing that the installation of those perhaps necessitated the removal of one end panel of the LED stuff to facilitate putting in the new scoreboard. Hopefully, if I'm right, then we should, eventually, see the LED panel restored to fill that black gap. I assume the same setup is in place at the Copland end?

I'm no expert but you'd think that you could display both a scoreboard and adverts on a digital screen simultaneously.

I'm no expert but you'd think that you could display both a scoreboard and adverts on a digital screen simultaneously.
Looking at the photo from the Copland end above two things are clear - there is a missing LED panel along the front of the Copland Stand and, secondly, that the scoreboard/clock is a 'separate entity' :) and that display is not a part of the stand-wide LED board.

Hopefully the missing LED panels get installed once all work is complete.

Looking at the photo from the Copland end above two things are clear - there is a missing LED panel along the front of the Copland Stand and, secondly, that the scoreboard/clock is a 'separate entity' :) and that display is not a part of the stand-wide LED board.

Hopefully the missing LED panels get installed once all work is complete.
The broomie seems to be worse for some reason, uninstalled panels at both sides

The broomie seems to be worse for some reason, uninstalled panels at both sides
Yeah, can't see that from the Broomloan photo above, just the end near the new scoreboard.

Hopefully simply a case of ongoing work and, maybe, installation of new power supplies? I'm sure our groundsman poster on another thread mentioned a shortage of power supplies, certainly at trackside, with all the new stuff going in.

Not to derail the thread but how good would it be if the seats swept round where the screens are

They've put scoreboards in those gaps.
Not these gaps. The scoreboard position certainly covers a part of the issue, but I would suggest that they are positioned within the corner sections, whereas the large gaps appear at either end of the broomloan and Copland (running towards the main stand and also running towards the corners).
The introduction of the LED advertising boards really does look great, however, these gaps plus the black section in the middle of the Sandy Jardine stand where the clock and tv camera gantry spoils it for me.
Think it looks great in the games so far with the sunny weather and reckon it will look spectacular when we’re under the lights with the champions league branding all across them!

I can’t help thinking the panels are a particular length and there isn’t enough room for another one, so the panels installed are centred on the front of the stands in question leaving a gap at either end. Just a theory.

Don't see the need for score and time on main screens and seperately on corner of stands unless it was 'testing' again? I was in SJ yesterday is the sponsored clock still on the stand midway?
Yes mate, along with a TV gantry. I wonder if the gantry will be removed once we have full crowds again? As nice as it is to have the Inside Ibrox footage from that side it does 'spoil' the look a wee bit.

Back