The new PR guy

DRAGO

Traynor is gone

David is now the main man
As much as I am more for actions rather than statements. There has been a definite improvement in the writing of them, but more importantly the strategy.

There appears to be a chess game at play where at long last we are looking a few moves ahead. No doubt having operated within the political environment of Northern Ireland he will be very adept in this way of thinking and positioning.

ID10

Official Ticketer
As much as I am more for actions rather than statements. There has been a definite improvement in the writing of them, but more importantly the strategy.

There appears to be a chess game at play where at long last we are looking a few moves ahead. No doubt having operated within the political environment of Northern Ireland he will be very adept in this way of thinking and positioning.
If you look at our output since last night we have known what was happening

Played it perfectly

He knows what he is doing

vinnie

My recent thoughts exactly. The key to any war of words is saying something that gets a reaction you’re already planning for.

BluenoseDoug

Isn't it sad it has come to this. It now feels like supporting Rangers is about 30% to do with football.

Paulski54

Traynor is gone

David is now the main man
And he’s done some seriously good work since walking in the door.
Make more moves in our PR than Traynor did in 8 years.
And he’s making us look more and more of a nuisance to the rest of the league, which is a good thing. Calling the corrupt mob out.

JohnBrownsboot

Let’s be fair to the man. The fact we are trying to lead this instead of just producing statements with nothing to back them up is a total change in itself.

We might not win this but we will have improved our position and reputation. So that alone is positive. But everything to play for yet.

turps100

Doing a great job so far. If thay are having to phone round to bully people is is far from a done deal.

Carlton The Bear

For too long we have been reactive and trying to close barn doors after the horse has bolted out of sight.

We are getting in preemptive strikes now and anyone who can’t see how much of an improvement that is must be being obtuse as far as I’m concerned.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall watching the Fat Jap and Dummycaster and co reading that statement. Possibly in the same office :))

alex wright

We are definitely guilty of being too quick to criticise but we are also just as guilty of lavishing praise based on little fact.

JohnBrownsboot

Whatever the end point of this current debacle this is a very different media response and is being handled in a very different way. It is refreshing and is really encouraging.

Scott4ll

I think there has been a noticeable difference in the statements released recently. We are much more proactive. Think back to January when the Morelos attacks were free to run by the media for 3 weeks with no statement.

Stu69

New guys had some start. Did not know he’d started but kinda guessed with the way we have been finally standing up for ourselves.

ML9

It's what our support does - look at yesterday and the new lounge announcements - so easily diverted away from the costs/changes by going absolutely mental about the use of an old photograph. On twitter in particular all sensible debate was obliterated by abuse.
We don't have any lackeys in the media, that the big problem.
No, but we do have people who can help put a message out in the media

Last edited:

Captain Black

Scott Gardner on the radio will sort out all this criminality and the new guy is doing all right + is this the S Gardner who worked for The Rangers.?

JohnBrownsboot

This shows those who appointed him clearly thought through what is happening. We are combative and seem assured. Huge difference from endless meaningless statements that everyone Knew would never be backed up.

sammysun

This guy can only be good for our club, we have needed some one of his ilk for many years I wish him and our club the very best going forward.

DaveL

It looks like we will be using Jordan Campbell at the Athletic, our own bloggers and the very few friendly journos, Fraser Mackie maybe? to put out our views. The rest are basically against us.

Latest posts