The new PR guy

For too long we have been reactive and trying to close barn doors after the horse has bolted out of sight.

We are getting in preemptive strikes now and anyone who can’t see how much of an improvement that is must be being obtuse as far as I’m concerned.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall watching the Fat Japanese and Dummycaster and co reading that statement. Possibly in the same office :))

We are definitely guilty of being too quick to criticise but we are also just as guilty of lavishing praise based on little fact.

Whatever the end point of this current debacle this is a very different media response and is being handled in a very different way. It is refreshing and is really encouraging.

I think there has been a noticeable difference in the statements released recently. We are much more proactive. Think back to January when the Morelos attacks were free to run by the media for 3 weeks with no statement.

New guys had some start. Did not know he’d started but kinda guessed with the way we have been finally standing up for ourselves.

It's what our support does - look at yesterday and the new lounge announcements - so easily diverted away from the costs/changes by going absolutely mental about the use of an old photograph. On twitter in particular all sensible debate was obliterated by abuse.
We don't have any lackeys in the media, that the big problem.
No, but we do have people who can help put a message out in the media

Last edited:
Scott Gardner on the radio will sort out all this criminality and the new guy is doing all right + is this the S Gardner who worked for The Rangers.?

This shows those who appointed him clearly thought through what is happening. We are combative and seem assured. Huge difference from endless meaningless statements that everyone Knew would never be backed up.

This guy can only be good for our club, we have needed some one of his ilk for many years I wish him and our club the very best going forward.

It looks like we will be using Jordan Campbell at the Athletic, our own bloggers and the very few friendly journos, Fraser Mackie maybe? to put out our views. The rest are basically against us.

Back