The Next Five Fixtures

TheFantasticNinetiesFox

Could have a huge impact on the rest of the season for us. 3 games at Ibrox sandwiched by a trip to two of the toughest grounds to go to in the league for us traditionally. I don’t know about anyone else but I am desperate to get this European fixture out the way and on to Tynecastle to contest what could prove a pivotal 3 points in the title race.

Ideally we win every game, but I reckon if we get 12 points from the next 15 we have had an incredible December and will see us go in to the Ne’erday game with a chance of turning the screw.

Beat Hearts and we give ourselves a little breathing space.

Obviously I hope to be wrong, but I do expect us to drop some points this month. I also think that lot will too.

If we go into the game against them still 4 points clear I'll be happy enough.
Do they play their league fixture from cup final weekend before then?

If not we could go there seven in front. Win and it’s ten having played a game more but it would be a fantastic position to be in.

One game at a time and all that bollocks however.:)

Obviously I hope to be wrong, but I do expect us to drop some points this month. I also think that lot will too.

If we go into the game against them still 4 points clear I'll be happy enough.
You have to expect to drop points throughout a season. The way I see it is you just need to avoid dropping points at the grounds you shouldn’t and minimise the points dropped at the tougher grounds. Obviously should aim to make Ibrox a fortress.

Any league game the worst I could imagine is a draw tbh but each time we are faced with a league fixture I expect us to win . Only possible exception would be a scenario where we are decimated by injuries & suspensions or Clancy is ref and teamed up with columns and mulvanny and roome lol

That’s just the way it is at Rangers .

If we go into the old firm game 4 points clear ill be happy, come out of it 4 points clear ill be delighted.

will then be home to Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Celtic while they have those teams away in the 3rd round of fixtures.

It would be pretty remarkable if we didn't drop something in December. same for them.

Could have a huge impact on the rest of the season for us. 3 games at Ibrox sandwiched by a trip to two of the toughest grounds to go to in the league for us traditionally. I don’t know about anyone else but I am desperate to get this European fixture out the way and on to Tynecastle to contest what could prove a pivotal 3 points in the title race.

Ideally we win every game, but I reckon if we get 12 points from the next 15 we have had an incredible December and will see us go in to the Ne’erday game with a chance of turning the screw.

Where do you see the three points being dropped, prey tell?

If we go into the old firm game 4 points clear ill be happy, come out of it 4 points clear ill be delighted.

will then be home to Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Celtic while they have those teams away in the 3rd round of fixtures.

It would be pretty remarkable if we didn't drop something in December. same for them.
Would have been remarkable last year too,
We did though.

Where do you see the three points being dropped, prey tell?
Hard to predict but statistically its likely we would drop some points eventually.

Win the next 5 and that's us on an 10 game winning run. That doesn't happen often. Though we did do 15 last season.

Same for them. They win the next 5 and that's a 9 game winning run for them.

Would be very surprised if either of us won 5 out of 5 coming up.

We have the two harder away fixtures but they have 3 away games back to back.

After the winter break it them who has Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Livingston and Us away. So any ground we lost now can potentially be made up again there.

Looking like it will be a close race but you never know.

You really have to give massive credit to Hearts, a team who were in the championship last season (wrongly), could very well be the team where the league is won and lost.

Celtic have dropped 3, should have been 5! We have lost 2, hopefully no more.

You really have to give massive credit to Hearts, a team who were in the championship last season (wrongly), could very well be the team where the league is won and lost.

It’s about time they started taking their chances against the paedos then, despite the despicable offside goal that they had given against them.

Next Sunday is huge. If we take 3 points from Tynecastle, we then have 3 very winnable home games where we should be taking maximum points before our trip to Pittodrie. Really puts the pressure on the Tims with their away games in that same period.

It’s about time they started taking their chances against the paedos then, despite the despicable offside goal that they had given against them.
They beat them the last time they played then at home. Don't make it out like they never take their chances!

Last edited:

Sorry, what was the second league game we lost ?

Reactions: TQ3
Its cliched i know, but the december/january fixtures are generally always make or break for us. I am confident for Tynecastle atm. If we take 6 points from 6 against Hearts and the Sheep, do the business against the diddies in between, the OF will take care of itself anyway and the Tims have the brutal January/February run of fixtures.

If we go into Jan 2nd 4+ points ahead we will be in a tremendous position. If its 7+ then Celtic will already be at the "we cant afford to lose this" stage of the season.

Our corresponding fixtures up till the end of February line up like this

Hearts v Rangers/Tims v Motherwell
Rangers v St Johnstone/Ross County v Tims
Rangers v Dundee United/St Mirren v Tims
Rangers v St Mirren/St Johnstone v Tims
Aberdeen v Rangers/Tims v Hibs
Tims v Rangers
Rangers v Livi
/Hearts v Tims
Ross County v Rangers/Tims v Dundee United
Rangers v Hearts/Motherwell v Tims
Rangers v Hibs/Aberdeen v Tims
Dundee United v Rangers/Tims v Dundee
Rangers v Motherwell/Hibs v Tims

Our hardest games in that period by far (excluding Jan 2nd) are the 2 of the next 5 you mention. Winning these 2 games could be the difference between winning the league and not. They have some right tough fixtures over the next few months. On balance probably a tougher few months than us.

Last edited:
I take solace from the fact that up until GvB took over, we weren't playing well, yet were 4 points clear. Since he took over we've won four on the bounce, and performances are improving.

Generally over a season there will be a sticky patch, maybe we've had ours and can push on from here.

Get Jack up to speed, and Helander and Balogun back and we will be in a very good place.

We have a better squad than the bheggars, and I think they will find the hectic winter schedule tough given the style they play.

Three points at Tynecastle, where they will again expect us to drop points, will set us up nicely for the rest of December.

I saw Hearts’ highlights today against Livi. Livi were all over them in the first half and should have been two up but for Craig Gordon. Hearts then grew into the game.

Hearts are slow starters and if we start well it’s imperative we convert our chances. The space that Boyce gets in behind and in between defenders concerns me a little. We seriously need to attack them from the off.

First of all one match at a time.

Secondly, find another name.

I take solace from the fact that up until GvB took over, we weren't playing well, yet were 4 points clear. Since he took over we've won four on the bounce, and performances are improving.

Generally over a season there will be a sticky patch, maybe we've had ours and can push on from here.

Get Jack up to speed, and Helander and Balogun back and we will be in a very good place.

We have a better squad than the bheggars, and I think they will find the hectic winter schedule tough given the style they play.

Three points at Tynecastle, where they will again expect us to drop points, will set us up nicely for the rest of December.

If we can get to Jan with lead or level at worst then I will be confident.

The fixtures after the break favour us imo and gives us a chance to go in a long run.

It would be incredible for us not to drop points in December.

Not that I see us dropping points but I think it’s fairly self explanatory that the most likely places we drop points from those fixtures are tynecastle or pittodrie. Like I say, beat Hearts and I will feel a bit more relaxed.
Pittodrie are you joking, are you in fear of broonaldo and the rest of the sheep worriers. My god if you go to sleep worrying we will get beat by that useless mob it's a wonder you get oot yer bed in case you stubb your toe

Really tough game next Sunday. Three points and on our way.

We are in a real title race this season. Neither us nor Celtic have dropped points recently.

A December similar to last season would be fantastic.

Do they play their league fixture from cup final weekend before then?

If not we could go there seven in front. Win and it’s ten having played a game more but it would be a fantastic position to be in.

One game at a time and all that bollocks however.:)

Why is one game at a time bollox ?, yer getn yersel 5 games ahead of the fixture script and just fantasizing.

Just get real instead of the now if this happens and that happens scenario.

Your current form at pikn a winner is well short of your fantasy.

I think both us and them will drop points before Xmas.

If we can go to parkhead with a 4 point gap I'll be happy.

I created a similar thread around 6 weeks ago and in that time we lost our manager, got pumped in the semi final but won the other 5 games.

I would have called you a maniac if you predicted that back then.

Win 5/5 and we will be more than 4 points clear is my obvious prediction. This season will all be about momentum. The pressure was on us massively since GVB arrived and the pressure was on them massively yesterday but they pumped Utd with relative ease.

The next 10 games are interesting as after the Winter Break they go to Tynecastle, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Hibs in the space of 6 games.

Why is one game at a time bollox ?, yer getn yersel 5 games ahead of the fixture script and just fantasizing.

Just get real instead of the now if this happens and that happens scenario.

Your current form at pikn a winner is well short of your fantasy.
Its always been bollocks and always will be bollocks.

Back