The Next Five Fixtures

Really tough game next Sunday. Three points and on our way.

We are in a real title race this season. Neither us nor Celtic have dropped points recently.

A December similar to last season would be fantastic.
Take care of Hearts then 3 home games in a row we can also rest players for Lyon .

They will hope, maybe even expect to make gains this weekend. A win at tynecastle would be a big psychological blow for them.

Could have a huge impact on the rest of the season for us. 3 games at Ibrox sandwiched by a trip to two of the toughest grounds to go to in the league for us traditionally. I don’t know about anyone else but I am desperate to get this European fixture out the way and on to Tynecastle to contest what could prove a pivotal 3 points in the title race.

Ideally we win every game, but I reckon if we get 12 points from the next 15 we have had an incredible December and will see us go in to the Ne’erday game with a chance of turning the screw.

Beat Hearts and we give ourselves a little breathing space.
One game at a time.

If we can get to Jan with lead or level at worst then I will be confident.

The fixtures after the break favour us imo and gives us a chance to go in a long run.

It would be incredible for us not to drop points in December.
A December with 4 home games against dross and away games at Tynecastle and Pittodrie? I think you're getting carried away.
I expect to win every league game we play.

Why were we dreading that?
FYI, whilst some like to accuse us positive fans of being captain hindsight, some of us could see this last year

I don't get the nervousness at all. We're far better than all of these teams, the new manager has hit the ground running, the orcs are running on empty. January 3rd we'll be at least 10 points clear.

We were dreading last season in December, won 6 out of 6.

Ross County Away 4-0.
Dundee Utd Away 2-1.
Motherwell Home 3-1.
St Johnstone Away 3-0.
Hibernian Home 1-0.
St Mirren Away 2-0.

I said similar on another thread, this is reminding me of last year where December was to be a hard month and we expected to lose points. Yet we didnt and it was a great foundation for the league.

We are already 2 games in and full points, no reason we cant keep that up.

Critical phase of the season. Can set us up nicely for the new year match against them.

Get a good run then a win there and we're laughing.

Hard to predict but statistically its likely we would drop some points eventually.

Win the next 5 and that's us on an 10 game winning run. That doesn't happen often. Though we did do 15 last season.

Same for them. They win the next 5 and that's a 9 game winning run for them.

Would be very surprised if either of us won 5 out of 5 coming up.

We have the two harder away fixtures but they have 3 away games back to back.

After the winter break it them who has Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Livingston and Us away. So any ground we lost now can potentially be made up again there.

Looking like it will be a close race but you never know.
This run for them after the winter break is absolutely key.

Don't hang me for this but in the worst possible scenario we lose 3 games including the filth and they come through unscathed.

That leaves us 5 behind. I still see us 2/3 points clear after the next round of fixtures.

Do I think we will lose 3? I think the way this season was going I could see us lose 3 over the rest of the season, but not over the next few weeks. With the improvements over the last few weeks and things getting better every game I still have that typical Rangers supporter glass half empty thing going on when really I shouldn't have.

Aribo, Kamara, Hagi, Kent and others are at a different level to the tramps.

Given the superior talent available why would anyone imagine that craftsmen like GvB, Vos, Makay couldn't produce better than Ange, Bravest man in football and Strachan Jnr.?

The Hearts could be like a cup final, bearing in mind the following three games afterwards. I might be alone in this, but playing Aberdeen and then Celtic both away may help us, in that we could be unlikely to lose twice in succession. The Hearts game has the makings of defining a great deal in how this month will go, even if it doesn't necessarily do so; after this month we may look onthis game as being crucial though.

Hearts I think will be the toughest league game we've faced so far this season.

If we come away with maximum points that will put the yahoos on a downer as they would probably have expected Rangers to drop points in at least one game vs Livi, Hibs and Hearts away while in a transitional period under a new manager.

No sitting back and let hearts come at us high tempo straight from the start and let’s take our chances when they come

Think Boyce is injured so hopefully he is out - that will impact them

The second round of fixtures was brutal for us, Motherwell, Livi, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Scum all away from home. So far we’ve came through the first 3 away as well as a couple of home wins.

If we beat hearts, we then have 3 home games in a row, a fantastic chance to go 9 out of 9 in the hardest run of games we will have all season. One game at a time and all that but win these upcoming games and it will give us a great platform for going into the final two games before the break.

Obviously I hope to be wrong, but I do expect us to drop some points this month. I also think that lot will too.

If we go into the game against them still 4 points clear I'll be happy enough.

Old firm game 4 points ahead would be par from here.

The next round of fixtures starting in 2022 has us at Home to Hearts/Hivs/Sheep and the Bheasts - and we can't go away to all of them after the split.

Take care of Hearts then 3 home games in a row we can also rest players for Lyon .
Lyon game has its own priorities- possible €500k and 2 co-efficient points for a Rangers win - both of which puts Rangers on a more secure standing both in domestic transfer market and in future European seedings.

We need to win both the Lyon and Hearts games to remain competitive and maintain that winning feeling without compromising our domestic or European hopes for this season and beyond

Lyon game has its own priorities- possible €500k and 2 co-efficient points for a Rangers win - both of which puts Rangers on a more secure standing both in domestic transfer market and in future European seedings.

We need to win both the Lyon and Hearts games to remain competitive and maintain that winning feeling without compromising our domestic or European hopes for this season and beyond
Winning the League this Season outweighs any financial gain on offer against Lyon, I do agree on the co-efficient points .

One thing making me nervous is that the scum are due a win against us!
I made this point the other day on here that the law of averages says our current run against the paedos is due to end at some point soon because there just isn’t a massive gulf between the two teams but hopefully it can happen in a dead rubber later in the season with the title all but wrapped up.

Some guy had a meltdown because he couldn’t understand what the law of averages is.

I’m hoping that the fact that we have Gio gives us a fresh perspective on the game though and he can put his own stamp on the game. Remember he led Feyenoord to a 6-2 win over Ajax so this game wont phase him at all.

I made this point the other day on here that the law of averages says our current run against the paedos is due to end at some point soon because there just isn’t a massive gulf between the two teams but hopefully it can happen in a dead rubber later in the season with the title all but wrapped up.

Some guy had a meltdown because he couldn’t understand what the law of averages is.

I’m hoping that the fact that we have Gio gives us a fresh perspective on the game though and he can put his own stamp on the game. Remember he led Feyenoord to a 6-2 win over Ajax so this game wont phase him at all.
People seem to think it's realistic that we just beat them forever. Eventually they will win a game, that's just what happens.

How do we approach the Lyon game?! Last thing we want is a fatigued team for the weekend.
Probably rest a couple for Lyon but the last season or two we've been at our best when games have come thick and fast. Sunday is a big game for us but if we win that it applies a bit more pressure on the tims as they will have marked this month where we drop points. If we do drop any points then it will likely be stupid ones in one of the three consecutive home games but fairly confident we will still have a 4 point lead going to the tim match.

Home records so far
Celtic - W6 D2 L0
Rangers - W5 D3 L0
Hearts - W5 D3 L0

The rest have lost at least 3 at home. Our away is very good but our away record against top 6 sides is won 1 lost 1, and we’re still to play 2nd, 3rd and 6th away. Tynecastle is a very good test before the real one.

Home records so far
Celtic - W6 D2 L0
Rangers - W5 D3 L0
Hearts - W5 D3 L0

The rest have lost at least 3 at home. Our away is very good but our away record against top 6 sides is won 1 lost 1, and we’re still to play 2nd, 3rd and 6th away. Tynecastle is a very good test before the real one.
Dundee Utd kind of skew that though - I doubt they will finish top 6 - Sheep, M'well and Hivs will finish above them.

Dundee Utd kind of skew that though - I doubt they will finish top 6 - Sheep, M'well and Hivs will finish above them.
Probably but they were one of the better teams in the league at the beginning of the season when we played them.

Every game is massive for Rangers, mainly because every team sees it as their World Cup/Champions League final. We are the biggest, and so we are the biggest target. There is no game where we can go in to it thinking it will be easy, we may make it look easy in the end, but we always have to match the oppositions desire first, only then does our qualities show.

Back