The NHS

Lighting up various landmarks Blue and White and stating We are the people on TV, what's not to like. Massive respect to the NHS.

NHS day sounds a great idea, I've been on various threads about how dedicated the staff are. My youngest son has been stuck in hospital since October, most of that in isolation with only direct family for visitors, and the staff from the domestics to the nurses & doctors all the way up to the professor in charge of looking after my son are a credit to the nation and not just themselves. I've not heard one complain during this crisis they just get on with the job. Many off them are now missing out on well deserved holidays that have been cancelled, do they complain, no they just come in and work extra shifts because they know their colleagues are under more pressure than ever and the country is relying on them. All this with the knowledge that they are more at risk than anyone in catching this plague.
They deserve more than a NHS day, that's the least we can do
Good night and stay safe from QEUH loyal(for now)

NHS day sounds a great idea, I've been on various threads about how dedicated the staff are. My youngest son has been stuck in hospital since October, most of that in isolation with only direct family for visitors, and the staff from the domestics to the nurses & doctors all the way up to the professor in charge of looking after my son are a credit to the nation and not just themselves. I've not heard one complain during this crisis they just get on with the job. Many off them are now missing out on well deserved holidays that have been cancelled, do they complain, no they just come in and work extra shifts because they know their colleagues are under more pressure than ever and the country is relying on them. All this with the knowledge that they are more at risk than anyone in catching this plague.
They deserve more than a NHS day, that's the least we can do
Good night and stay safe from QEUH loyal(for now)
Lovely post. All the best to the wee bear and all the family mate.

My Niece Clare is the sister in charge of the Covid 19 ward at the Ulster Hospital. she is working 12 hour shifts constantly, her husband is a male nurse in Antrim and they have 3 young children as well.
How they manage I don’t honestly know but I have huge respect for them and all the NHS staff & hospital workers.

Could change the words to some songs after all this to show some appreciation

We're not sectarian, we are the NHS.

Volunteers of the NHS, and we're coming down the road.

three cheers for the red, white and blue... For the army, the navy and the NHS

Well done to everyone who works for the NHS in whatever capacity this will never be forgotten.
Good luck & stay safe to anyone who has family in it.

My wife works on the respiratory ward, my eldest daughter works in A&E and it's far to say, it's worrying times in more ways than one, especially in relation to my daughter, as she is at home, self isolating, after coming into contact with a Covid 19 patient.

That said though, they both know the severity of this bloody virus, but not going into work, has ever been an issue, they just get on with it, Like with so many within the NHS, their thoughts are well and truly with others and as a husband and father, I fully understand the dedication they have for their work, they certainly have that special ingredient that makes them and others standout and it's that dedication, that makes our NHS so special.

To all that are working on the front line right now, stay safe and let's hope this virus is brought under control, a lot more sooner than has been projected.

As ever, if your work is not essential.

Stay home, protect the NHS, save life's.

Never a truer saying right now.

All the staff in the NHS are the true heroes of society. My Mrs who is a nurse was told to isolate for 7 days due to coming into contact with a patient who had symptoms and was told not to turn up for his treatment. Said patient turned up even tho he was advised not to if he still had symptoms.

Thanks to that inconsiderate man (being polite) I have had to take 2 weeks off work as I'm self employed it isn't ideal. My Mrs had to send her daughter to stay with her dad as a precaution so can't see the wean for 2 weeks either. All due to that 1 guy who did test positive for covid19 who could have stayed in the house instead of infecting a ward in the hospital.

We are the people. Today, Tomorrow & Always.

The NHS dont discriminate - terrorist loving British hating scum welcome also.

Bit of a thread bump, but I was just wondering if there's any way to find out how a patient is looking as regards NHS waiting lists?

I've been on the orthopaedic outpatients list for a while but obviously with the whole covid thing I'm guessing waiting times are longer than normal. It shows as up to 38 weeks on the website, but if that's going to be even longer it might time to try and get the money together to go private.

I was just talking to @Hank about this very subject yesterday, he was saying that there is a proposal to speed up the waiting list of offerings amputation if it’s a limb which not only gets the waiting figures down but certainly fixes the pain patients suffer.
I did ask what if it’s your back he said he would find out today and let us know.

Back