<a href="https://ibb.co/QJs72r2">
NS4

<a href="https://ibb.co/z5Jttzg">
NS5

<a href="https://ibb.co/MZTb6Df">
NS6

<a href="https://ibb.co/0qmtfTx">
NS7

Carl Hansen (The Little Shoemaker) was signed in 1921 after a tour of Denmark and became the first foreigner to score in an old firm game.
Probably the first Scandanavian to play in Scotland.

Reactions: o7o
The Book was published 1969, so if they're after that, then no mention
Jorn Sorensen was an inside-right signed early in season 65/66. He played only a few games before injury and Alex Willoughby replaced him. One of those few games was a 2-1 win v Celtic at Ibrox in September 1965. He played really well and his through passes to Jim Forrest had Billy McNeil on toast.

Carl Hansen (The Little Shoemaker) was signed in 1921 after a tour of Denmark and became the first foreigner to score in an old firm game.
Did he not become Prime Minister of Denmark . In fact was he not one of the players introduced at our Centenary Game against I think Arsenal.

I remember seeing Erik Sorenson for the first time, not only did he look different ( blond hair and black strip with Morton), but he was more athletic than any keeper i had seen before. Did a reasonable job for us.

Did he not become Prime Minister of Denmark . In fact was he not one of the players introduced at our Centenary Game against I think Arsenal.
No mate,
He was not Prime Minister of Denmark. He was in a concentration camp during WW2.
I don't think he was at Ibrox for the centenary.
He was unfortunate he did not win a lot of caps for Denamrk as he signed professional with Rangers and could not play for Denmark due to amateurs only policy.

No mate,
He was not Prime Minister of Denmark. He was in a concentration camp during WW2.
He was unfortunate he did not win a lot of caps for Denamrk as he signed professional with Rangers and could not play for Denmark due to amateurs only policy.
Icel
No mate,
I was thinking of Albert Sigmudsson who played for us and became a senior politician in Iceland.

My father in law became a good friend of Carl's, and he used to take the family, including my wife to visit him at his home in Denmark.

only saw Jorn Sorensen play a few times while in my teens but my old man said he reminded him of Willie Thornton Kai was in my eyes a great player

<a href="https://ibb.co/NjWvynb">
1923-Footballers-Scottish-GLASGOW-RANGERS-CARL-HANSEN

Carl Vilhelm "Skoma'r" Hansen, simply known as Carl "Skoma'r" , was a Danish football (soccer) player and manager. He played in the forward position, and won the Danish championship with Boldklubben 1903 before moving abroad to play for Scottish club Rangers F.C. as the first professional player in Danish football history.

With Rangers, he won four Scottish championships. Hansen played seven games and scored three goals for the Denmark national football team, and was a part of the Denmark team at the 1920 Summer Olympics. As a manager, he managed a number of Danish teams and won the Danish championship with AB.

Skoma'r was a nickname he got after his father's profession as a shoemaker (da:Skomager), and he was most commonly known in Denmark as Carl Skoma'r. He was the older brother of Danish international Henry Hansen.

Club career
Born in Copenhagen, Hansen made himself an early reputation as a dangerous striker in the Copenhagen club Boldklubben 1903 (B 1903), playing in the amateur-only Danish championship from 1915 to 1921. He helped B 1903 win the first Danish championship in club history in 1920. B 1903 played professional Scottish side Rangers F.C. at Idrætsparken in the spring of 1921.

The Danes lost although the match 2-1, but Rangers were impressed by the Danes. In particular, they were impressed by Hansen, who was notable for his excellent attacking play and the attitude of a dignified professional. In autumn 1921, Hansen signed a contract with Rangers and became the first Danish professional footballer in the history of Danish football. He cost Rangers a fee of twenty pounds.

Hansen was very popular in Glasgow, and was referred to as "The Great Little Dane" and "The Little Shoemaker", and was the first foreigner who scored in an Old Firm match. He helped Rangers win the Scottish championship in 1923, 1924 and 1925. His stay in Scotland, however, was relatively short.

A broken leg ended his career after only four seasons with Rangers. When he returned to Denmark, he served a mandatory two-year quarantine, before he was allowed by the Danish Football Association to play amateur football in Denmark once again. He played one season for his old club B 1903, until he retired in 1928.

International career
Hansen made his debut for the Denmark national football team in June 1918. As a B 1903 player, he was included in the Danish team for the 1920 Summer Olympics in Antwerp, but he did not play any games at the tournament.

Moving to Rangers spelled the end of Hansen's national team career, as the Danish Football Association did not allow professionals to play for the national team until 1971. Because of this rule, Hansen only played seven matches and scored three goals, including two goals in his debut against Sweden. In October 1918, he scored his third and last goal when Denmark beat Norway 4-0.

Managerial career
He trained the junior team of AB with great success in the 1930s; a team including later Danish international Knud Lundberg. Hansen coached the senior AB team to the 1937 Danish championship, before he returned to B 1903. He joined B 1903 as a professional trainer, at a time when it was customary in Danish football for the coach to work as an amateur. He coached the club from 1943 to 1948.

In 1952, Hansen was asked to train the Danish national football team at the 1952 Summer Olympics in Helsinki, but he was not allowed to travel with the team for the tournament. Denmark reached the quarter-finals of the 1952 Olympics. He coached BK Frem in 1962.

Concentration camp
During the World War II, Hansen was arrested in 1943 and sentenced to four months imprisonment for having harassed a German. He spent four months in prison and in a German concentration camp in NeumĂĽnster. This later affected his nervous system greatly.

I remember seeing Erik Sorenson for the first time, not only did he look different ( blond hair and black strip with Morton), but he was more athletic than any keeper i had seen before. Did a reasonable job for us.
Until he sold two goals in the last five minutes against Aberdeen or Dundee I think.

Scored direct from a corner v raith rovers in the 10-1 (?) game. Wonderful player.
It was 10-2 and that's the first game that I actually remember, although I know I'd been to many before that.
Big Orangeman Persson and Andy Penman were always scoring spectacular goals around that time!

Also the 1st game I can remember , not sure what was my actual 1st.
It kinda spoiled the other games a bit as I expected Rangers to win by at least seven or eight goals every game!
Never ever stopped me going for the rest of my life though!
:)

Remember when I was wean visiting my grandparents in Greenock my old granda used to point out Erik Sorensons pub every time we passed it.

Cool story bro.

Erik Sorensen was a good shot stopper,but there was always a mistake in him.
Jorn Sorensen was a skifull player but fell out of games when it mattered.
Saying that I enjoyed watching both.

Back