The null and void myth

Going by that logic, would Sky be willing to pay back the millions in advertising revenue they have already made from the hundreds of games they have shown this season?

Would they phukk!!

By the same token, are Sky and BT going to go to the administration nightmare of paying subs back for games that didn't happen?

Some good points from the OP. But fed up with the papers still pushing this.

Are people still buying papers anyway ? (Yes I know you can see it online)

If the season can’t be completed (and it won’t) then the season is over, no winners no losers, that’s it. No bull$hit league reconstruction to appease 2 or 3 clubs either.

what is so difficult about that?

no sponsor will be demanding compensation.

The ‘severe financial ramifications’ Lawell states will come in the form of them contesting all of the above and most likely a lawsuit which they won’t win.

The authorities need to grow a set.

It's not null and void, simply incomplete due to extenuating and incredible circumstances.

They'll still have won the League Cup, gone out of European competition twice and been leading the League at the point of stoppage.

I think you will find the correct terminology is stolen the league cup. But for “honest mistakes” they wouldn’t have been given the trophy.

I see again that a national newspaper is today saying that the season won't be null and void because TV companies, fans and sponsors will demand money back if the season is written off as if it never happened.
First of all, it has happened. Well most of it anyway. TV companies pay money to leagues all over the world to show football matches. And when it's all said and done, they will cough up for the matches that they've already shown on TV. They won't pay for the ones that never take place. That will be the case no matter what decisions are taken regarding leagues. Another point is that Sky, in particular, built their whole empire on televised football. There's no chance that they will burn bridges with leagues around Europe trying to reclaim money for games they have shown, it just won't happen. They will work with the leagues to come up with a solution. It will cost sky money. It will cost leagues money. But there will be a compromise. The same applies to the sponsors. What good would it do for one of these gambling companies to put a club out of business by reclaiming money for sponsorship? The reason they're in football is to appeal to supporters.
The season ticket thing is bollox as well. People will be entitled to a refund for the games that don't happen regardless of whether the league is null and void or standings declared final. You're not going to get money back for a game you were at, and to say that you could is ludicrous. And if the season somehow gets played to a finish behind closed doors, you're entitled to a refund anyway.
Fed up reading this pish on a daily basis. The season will never be like it never happened, it has happened.
Season 2019/20 unable to be completed due to global crisis. Positions declared final. No winners, no relegation. I don't see the problem.
You're reading it on a daily basis because the Scum agents keep that narrative on the boil and they won't fckng stop till everybody except us, says "give it to the cnts and shut them up".

I see again that a national newspaper is today saying that the season won't be null and void because TV companies, fans and sponsors will demand money back if the season is written off as if it never happened.
First of all, it has happened. Well most of it anyway. TV companies pay money to leagues all over the world to show football matches. And when it's all said and done, they will cough up for the matches that they've already shown on TV. They won't pay for the ones that never take place. That will be the case no matter what decisions are taken regarding leagues. Another point is that Sky, in particular, built their whole empire on televised football. There's no chance that they will burn bridges with leagues around Europe trying to reclaim money for games they have shown, it just won't happen. They will work with the leagues to come up with a solution. It will cost sky money. It will cost leagues money. But there will be a compromise. The same applies to the sponsors. What good would it do for one of these gambling companies to put a club out of business by reclaiming money for sponsorship? The reason they're in football is to appeal to supporters.
The season ticket thing is bollox as well. People will be entitled to a refund for the games that don't happen regardless of whether the league is null and void or standings declared final. You're not going to get money back for a game you were at, and to say that you could is ludicrous. And if the season somehow gets played to a finish behind closed doors, you're entitled to a refund anyway.
Fed up reading this pish on a daily basis. The season will never be like it never happened, it has happened.
Season 2019/20 unable to be completed due to global crisis. Positions declared final. No winners, no relegation. I don't see the problem.
You’re correct, in my opinion.
I believe this rationale to be scaremongering by scum minded morons.
Lets take the line I’ve highlighted above.
So, Sky the rest say they’re due a refund?
Okay, I’ll concede that they may have a gripe for games not played but, those that have been played?
Laughable.
If true though, would it not be the case that those who’ve bought advertising time would also be due a refund?
I mean, if it didn’t happen, it didn’t happen.
A ridiculous argument.
The games that were played, were played.
Sky, BT etc got to broadcast them, they showed adverts in between and around them and were paid good money by advertisers whose products and services were given exposure.
Games not played, no problem negotiating a refund but, for games already shown, it matters not a jot what competition these were in, they still made plenty out of them.

I fully agree but we need murmurs of the same from a high ranking TV boss, Association boss or football execs to dispel the myth rather than just an opinion from a fan

TV companies claiming damages for breach of contract is unlikely as well. No-one will ever forgive companies who screw other people,

BT no longer showing SPL games from next season so they maybe more likely to dig heels in requesting a refund.
Same with Ladbrokes who are ceasing as main sponsor next season i think.

Regardless - the best bit will be Lennons torn face as he tries for his teams one in a row next season!

Back