The official 2018-19 football kits thread - Do not quote posts

applebear1976

wee bit early, but hey what the hell..

first up - Malmo, this is usually a good sign of what we may get off of Puma (if we stay with them)

its basically a light blue t shirt

j5dt91.jpg

A classy looking sponsor like that can make a big difference to a shirt. I think that's smart but if it just had out 32 Red logo it would look pish.

is it still April 1st? :)

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/04/manchester-city-sign-tinder-sponsorship-deal.html

Manchester City and popular dating app Tinder this morning announced that they had agreed on a new long-term partnership.

TINDER AND MANCHESTER CITY SIGN SPONSORSHIP AGREEMENT

Tinder, who were previously rumored to be interested in becoming the Manchester United sleeve sponsor, will sponsor the Manchester City men's and women's teams as well as New York City FC. Since Manchester City already have a sleeve sponsor in Nexen Tyres, Tinder will take a less prominent role in the club's sponsorship roster.
To celebrate the new deal, a Tinder and Manchester City branded blimp will fly over Manchester ahead of the derby between City and United at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday.

Tinder is also switching its colors from red to blue across social platforms to back city ahead of the Manchester Derby.

Proper blue version of that Malmo Kit, with proper stars on our crest like most teams have and we are on to winner. That is of course if we are staying with Puma.

So if we get Adidas as a new sponsor then its highly likely we will get that horrific template that looks like their printer has ran out of ink.
Saying that a blue version of the NI home or Scotland home might not be too bad.

Were we not rumoured to be looking at doing this back in the SDM era? Always struck me as a great idea.

We did do this. The 2002-03 unique design was produced by a SDM company and DIADORA paid for the privilege of being on the strips as a sponser, rather than a technical partner.

We did do this. The 2002-03 unique design was produced by a SDM company and DIADORA paid for the privilege of being on the strips as a sponser, rather than a technical partner.

I’d forgotten that wonder why we don’t do that again and only sell on line or via the store at the stadium? Could also get fan input into the kit design - clearly we can’t have an orange kit every season but we could get one as it seems the popular choice judging the posts on here! Personally I like the blue home kit but I’m getting on a bit to be a fashion icon:(

Back