The officials last night

two2tango

Official Ticketer
We’re terrible.
Allowed time wasting from the first minute. Counted 7 times they took over 30 seconds to take a throw in

5 times up to 45 seconds for a free kick

gave foul after foul against rangers for nothing

didn’t give rangers fouls for more physical challenges

they ruin the game every week with nothing said

The guy that was caught singing rebel songs on holiday?

Him, and his linesmen, were fucking at it. Gave them free kicks at the slightest opportunity and ignored plenty of tackles on our players.

Allowed them to timewaste with impunity from the very first minute.

The tackle on Hagi looked a straight red to me at the time but I haven’t watched it back.

It’s lucky they hammer throwers got nowhere near our box or Don the Dick would’ve had his whistle in his mouth hoping for a penalty to give.

Can a football club make an official complaint to the authorities using TV footage as evidence, it would be relatively easy for us as we are on just about every week.

One in the second half near the end the linesman (main stand) had his flag up for an offside over at the Govan end but then the ball went out for a throw in ref didn't even clock the linesman had his flag he had it up till we took the throw in(about 30 seconds) then just put it down. Headsets must not have been working.

Do papers still give the referee a score in the same way as the player ratings?
Just curious if the MSM comment on their ability.

we were reffed to different levels. Bacuna actually had his shirt pulled and he ended up hauled back about 10 yards from the ball, refs decision free kick livingston, its sneaky cheating and robertson is one to watch.
This was the incident that came to my mind. How that ended up as a Livi free kick, I'll never know

Thought they were shocking last night. Livingston definitely got the rub of the green in that respect.

I actually said to my neighbour thatRangers aren’t allowed to tackle tonight.
Afaik 1 yellow card each team. Take that in.
Time after time after time it is the same.

Opposition feels a tiny touch and fall to the ground, usually clutching a leg, ankle or head. Free kick. Gers player gets rattled, play on, nothing to see here. Watch the difference if opposition complain, nothing said. We complain we get the 'watch what you're saying' treatment.

Time wasting from 1st second, nothing said. Gers go up and every second is scrutinised. Gers level or drawing keep wasting as much time as you want guys.

I agree that refs are shit but they are also refereeing us to different standards. Every single game in Scotland.

Thing that annoys me is the ref’s pointing at their watch to try and stop the time wasting. Fair enough but firstly they never add on the appropriate time and secondly, it’s not actually as much about wasting time. It’s really more about breaking up the momentum of play.
You’re lucky if the ball remains in play for on average 2 minutes at a time when we play teams like that. They just keep breaking up the momentum. We even saw it the other week up at St Johnstone when, after we were building momentum and pinning them back, their keeper went down with an apparent head knock. Replays showed he never got one.
Once again it was just about breaking up our momentum.
The sad thing is that the ref’s allowing it is ruining the Scottish game.

It’s the small minor decisions that can actually have greater influence - giving free kicks against us that seem to be ok for others, stopping momentum , and soft yellows for our players with their first tackles.
the time wasting is becoming a joke - ruining the experience of a game. It needs a directive that tells refs to add 10 mins at the end of the 1st half. The problem is it also works in favour of teams like Livi/St Johnstone/Killie - when they have time wasted the whole game - we get 1 in front and the ref then adds on 6 mins at the end!

Refereeing in Scotland is absolutely abysmal.
Standard is ok but there is a level of dishonesty involved thats right up there(or down there) with the daily record journos.

If anyone thinks the same group of refs will ignore the time wasting, rugby league, tactical fouls etc, when the same teams play at against the tims they are off their head.

Its been happening for years this style of refereeing means positive press coverage that is why refs absolutely love it.

It’s the small minor decisions that can actually have greater influence - giving free kicks against us that seem to be ok for others, stopping momentum , and soft yellows for our players with their first tackles.
the time wasting is becoming a joke - ruining the experience of a game. It needs a directive that tells refs to add 10 mins at the end of the 1st half. The problem is it also works in favour of teams like Livi/St Johnstone/Killie - when they have time wasted the whole game - we get 1 in front and the ref then adds on 6 mins at the end!
Yeah lots of smaller decisions can change the game without making it too obvious, the idea they refs are dumb, hopeless, unfit or in need of more training is rubbish.

They know exactly what they are doing.

You just need to watch a Hearts v Hibs game to see how much they let players away with.
Then we have players making one tackle and getting booked.

assault on Hagi looked a straight red

linesman at the SJ side didn't want to get involved with fouls for us - flagged like mad for them
worst of all was when their no 11 slipped and got the foul on their touchline

if you are the ref and you point at your watch in the first 10 mins - you should be booking someone for timewasting

as usual - a lot of heavy challenges, shirt pulls etc let go for the opposition
we breathe on them, they fall and free kick given rapidly

Robertsons ability to see we have 2 players only at one side of the pitch and manage to position himself between them was top drawer

the push on Sakala at the end looked a bit ropey too

Never really showed a replay but I thought the tackle on Hagi was a straight red card.
Nah just your standard late bookable offence tackle to be honest. The one with Fitzwater where he just dived on top of the ball inside the box with no contact and won the free kick was utterly laughable.

There were some that were soft but it's similar to Sunday our players fall into the trap these teams set to waste time or win free kicks.

We’re terrible.
Allowed time wasting from the first minute. Counted 7 times they took over 30 seconds to take a throw in

Someone posted the stat from the Motherwell game about fouls committed it was the same last night we had 17 fouls to there 10 they had 2 bookings to our one,most the fouls committed by us are opposing teams just going down without any physical challenge it’s getting tedious now that they are constantly getting away with it.

The Livingstone Left Back was on a sponsored walk at every throw in.
He also must play tennis as a few times he selected a different ball for throw ins. He obviously didn't like the ball we were playing with as it was nearest him and near where the ball went out.
Note very early in the game the ref made us take a throw in from his desired, exact position.
All very tedious and annoying with sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct in our game, going out the window.

Never really showed a replay but I thought the tackle on Hagi was a straight red card.
I was in the East Enclosure and it certainly looked every bit a red from where I was sitting. Ridiculous ‘tackle’ that would have been a red if it were a Rangers player.

Him, and his linesmen, were fucking at it. Gave them free kicks at the slightest opportunity and ignored plenty of tackles on our players.

The tackle on Hagi looked a straight red to me at the time but I haven’t watched it back.

It’s lucky they hammer throwers got nowhere near our box or Don the Dick would’ve had his whistle in his mouth hoping for a penalty to give.
Tell us more?

The Livingstone Left Back was on a sponsored walk at every throw in.
He also must play tennis as a few times he selected a different ball for throw ins. He obviously didn't like the ball we were playing with as it was nearest him and near where the ball went out.
Note very early in the game the ref made us take a throw in from his desired, exact position.
All very tedious and annoying with sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct in our game, going out the window.

the wee twat was convinced that Robertson gave a foul to Patterson by him in the opening moments
it was the No, 11 that fouled Nathan
LB spent the rest of the half greetin' in the refs ear

All referees should have played the game to a reasonable standard to be able to understand the nuances of the game not just someone who became a ref to give them some power because they were shit at football

All referees should have played the game to a reasonable standard to be able to understand the nuances of the game not just someone who became a ref to give them some power because they were shit at football
How many players who've played at some level actually want to go into refereeing?

Many referee's do it as they see it as a way to stay involved in the game, potentially at a higher level than they could have ever played.

However the game management of football referee's across the board is shambolic, and it comes from far higher up the game than the SFA - compare and contrast to Rugby or Hockey and you'll see totally different styles and standards of officiating. Particularly with regards to the most frustrating aspects like time wasting, placement of the ball for fouls, and running away with the ball to stop the other team playing quickly.

Football is miles behind. And it's not just Scotland

We’re terrible.

For the fiftieth time. They are ALL cheats. IMO.

We’re terrible.

Never thought at any time during the game that the booking for Bassey was justified, looked to me like Bassey played the ball.

I think it was at that time in commentary that Craigan dispensed some of his "wisdom" i.e. "the player can say he played the ball but if he has gone right through the back of a player to get the ball it is a foul and a yellow card is justified" or some thing like that - Bassey didn't come through the back of the player he tackled for the ball from the side.

The ball went out of play infront of the SJ at the Broomloan end around 67 mins and the linesman let them play on with it. I thought it was a terrible performance by the officials last night. They need to nip the blatant timewasting in the bud early doors. All teams are guilty of it but some can be subtle. It seems a standard thing for all teams coming to Ibrox to be able to get away with.

Never thought at any time during the game that the booking for Bassey was justified, looked to me like Bassey played the ball.

I think it was at that time in commentary that Craigan dispensed some of his "wisdom" i.e. "the player can say he played the ball but if he has gone right through the back of a player to get the ball it is a foul and a yellow card is justified" or some thing like that - Bassey didn't come through the back of the player he tackled for the ball from the side.

Bassey was never a yellow
Essentially he equated a measure tackle with no foul to the assault on Hagi

We’re terrible.

I think they're in a competition to see if they can do worse than the last one :)) we know the drill tho they all hate us so we need to overcome it if we want trophy simple as that can't see it changing except for the worse if we manage to get a decent gap at the top

Yes he was caught belting out Rebel songs at the Irish centre, Santa Ponsa. Even my wife pointed out last nigh that at 1-0 he was desperate to give free kicks against Rangers, he is more sly than the likes of Clancy, but he always needs watching. He probably got the Hagi decision just about right.

Before reading your last sentence I was going to say it looked like he took it from the side.

Back