The offside decision last night

I was speaking to an official yesterday who knows the linesman in question. He said he couldn’t get his head around why the flag went up, said it was a shocker.
Also said that said linesman was part of Craig Thompson’s team and he was the main reason for Thompson not getting to the Euros (or a euro final, can’t remeber which) because he (linesman) totally fucked a decision in a champions league game.
UEFA treat the red and linesman as a team not individuals and Thompson hasn’t spoken to the guy again and said he won’t work with him.

I was speaking to an official yesterday who knows the linesman in question. He said he couldn’t get his head around why the flag went up, said it was a shocker.
Also said that said linesman was part of Craig Thompson’s team and he was the main reason for Thompson not getting to the Euros (or a euro final, can’t remeber which) because he (linesman) totally fucked a decision in a champions league game.
UEFA treat the red and linesman as a team not individuals and Thompson hasn’t spoken to the guy again and said he won’t work with him.
Craig Thomson was at the Euros.
It was the 2014 Champions League Final.
I was laughed at when I said Craig was in line for the final.
Follow follow goes into meltdown when I mention the very fact of Craig's record and how highly he is rated in the world.

Felix Brych was to get the final but couldn't referee it because of the obvious German connections.
Howard Webb had refereed both teams later in the competition.
Björn Kuipers couldn't because he was from a neighbouring country.
Irmatov's 2 linesmen had messed up.
Next was Craig but there was a mistake.
Which left Rizzoli

As for not working together again that is nonsense.
They both worked together Dhims v St Johnstone, Ross County v Dolly Hamilton Dundee hivs play off last season alone

Such is the high demands one wee slip can cost you.
Yet posters on here think the referees are cheating and corrupt.

Craig Thomson was at the Euros.
It was the 2014 Champions League Final.
I was laughed at when I said Craig was in line for the final.
Follow follow goes into meltdown when I mention the very fact of Craig's record and how highly he is rated in the world.

Felix Brych was to get the final but couldn't referee it because of the obvious German connections.
Howard Webb had refereed both teams later in the competition.
Björn Kuipers couldn't because he was from a neighbouring country.
Irmatov's 2 linesmen had messed up.
Next was Craig but there was a mistake.
Which left Rizzoli

As for not working together again that is nonsense.
They both worked together Dhims v St Johnstone, Ross County v Dolly Hamilton Dundee hivs play off last season alone

Such is the high demands one wee slip can cost you.
Yet posters on here think the referees are cheating and corrupt.
the wee slip certainly doesn't cost them in this backwater.
perhaps they realise that and that's why people think they are cheating and corrupt.
can you shed any light as to why "wee slips" go unpunished by the sfa, yet not by uefa?

the wee slip certainly doesn't cost them in this backwater.
perhaps they realise that and that's why people think they are cheating and corrupt.
can you shed any light as to why "wee slips" go unpunished by the sfa, yet not by uefa?
You are aware there is a shortage of referees in Scotland.
You, yourself moaned about referees when we were in the lower leagues.

What do you want?
A referee makes a mistake over 50 games a season. He cant referee the Scottish Cup Final, he can't referee the Scottish Cup Final add to fade. Pick someone in his first year at schools in the hope he hasn't made a mistake?

Players don't get punished for a "wee slip", like missing a penalty or scoring an own goal, so why should referees be heavily punished?

Back