The old adage - one game at a time.

Gasoil

Maybe superstition or OCD, but I never bet on us or make predictions on our games.
I think that we all need to focus on our next game. Livingston away....forget about Saturday. We need to be ruthless and professional and win on Wednesday night. Please just get that done.

Maybe superstition or OCD, but I never bet on us or make predictions on our games.
I think that we all need to focus on our next game. Livingston away....forget about Saturday. We need to be ruthless and professional and win on Wednesday night. Please just get that done.
Aye all this forum chat is going to lose us the league. We’re pushing the poets to victory with each letter we type.

When it's this close, the one game at a time adage doesn't apply. I thought everyone knew that tbh.

Hopefully someone’s passed these pearls of wisdom onto Gerrard (is Pentland still around?), because I’m pretty sure he’s told the team the leagues already won and to take it easy on Wednesday B-D

Last edited:
Aye it's a close league, despite us being professional all season. The league is done mate, to confirm it we need 7 points, do you really think we're not going to get them

Who is focusing on Saturday?

Nothing like a good old pile-on. We have posters in other threads mentioning record points totals, others hoping we don't win the league before we visit the piggery etc. Feck, we have posters already wanting us to spend Chamions League money we don't yet have.

While the principal of what the OP says is correct, but our lead is such now that I have a better chance of winning the euro millions tonight than we have of not winning the league.

Having said that a record points total, or an invincibles season would be rather nice.

Only questions this season now is whether we go unbeaten, whitewash Ceptic and burst the 100 points total, hopefully we go on and do all three and go deep in Europe!

I might be wrong, but after Thursday night's match Gerrard had the look of a man who knew he'd accomplished what he set out to do this season. I'm not sure he's looked as relaxed as that since he arrived. There will be a big performance tomorrow; he'll want this won soon.

One game at a time only works when the league is still in the balance.

I don’t care if we win it before, during or after the Celtic game, I’m happy in the knowledge that we’re a maximum of six weeks away from it.

Strange, woke up this morning and we’re back to Jan 1st.

How did that happen?

What do people think a bunch of folk on a message-board focusing or concentrating on a game does? This has been the mantra of mentalists for months now.

Does it create positive thought streams that bat away the bad juju? Anybody sacrificed a goat to Zeus this season?

What do people think a bunch of folk on a message-board focusing or concentrating on a game does? This has been the mantra of mentalists for months now.

Does it create positive though streams that bat away the bad juju? Anybody sacrificed a goat to Zeus this season?
It's the same whenever Dave King speaks.

"Ooh that'll motivate the mentally challengeds, he shouldn't be saying that"

As if Dave King telling us the poets are shite will suddenly transform shane duffy into Franco Baresi!

It's the same whenever Dave King speaks.

"Ooh that'll motivate the mentally challengeds, he shouldn't be saying that"

As if Dave King telling us the poets are shite will suddenly transform shane duffy into Franco Baresi!

Yeah, I remember Club1872 and Dave King putting forward the share selling plan in December was going to derail our season.

Mate. It’s won there’s more chance of me shagging miss world than there is of us blowing this. Players will be focused as they have been all season, we can plan celebrations
I agree with you, I just want it won next week, or at the piggery, I don’t want to have to wait another four weeks for the first post spit game.

Well that's me telt then!!!
For what its worth, I've got the fireworks and time off booked for Monday 22nd.
Personally... just want to concentrate on Wednesday, I'll enjoy the moment when it comes.

Tomorrow is the biggest (league) game of the season for me. Navigate a tricky away tie, on a plastic pitch, Saturday will take care of itself.
If we win tomorrow, it really is all over.

Wonder how Livi will play / feel after their biggest game in years disappointment.

Last edited:
Christ live a little will ya.
It’s done league is over and be happy we can actually look a few games ahead etc because we are so far ahead.

For me it’s bout enjoying it savouring it while being totally committed to our jobs.

that will see it arrive , I wouldn’t feel rushed I would just do what we are doing over and over and we will be .

Do I think we're going to blow our lead & allow the unwashed an unlikely chance of snatching the title ????
Of course not !!!!

Do I think stating something on here ahead of the mathematically calculated winning margin - is somehow going to jinx our chances ??
Certainly not

But I do - & always have done - want to win every game
I'm not sure how I could change this approach - it's too ingrained in my psyche now

& In simple terms winning each game as it comes brings the title closer

I can't see anything wrong with the 'one game at a time' mentality - it's not exactly going to hinder our progress - is it ?

Sure there may be times where certain players are preferred to others depending on the opposition, injuries & current form - but that's a judgement call made in every game we play - not just when the prize is closer in sight

The "one game at a time" crew are a funny bunch.

It's not like they're addressing the players themselves - we are just fans sitting at home using the Internet.

We're perfectly within our rights to look beyond our next game if we want to, without the patronising "One game at a time" pish.

Particularly when things went so well for us and so bad for them (particularly since November and December).

After the Livingston game I fully expect us to beat St. Mirren at home :))

Tomorrow is the biggest (league) game of the season for me. Navigate a tricky away tie, on a plastic pitch, Saturday will take care of itself.
If we win tomorrow, it really is all over.

Wonder how Livi will play / feel after their biggest game in years disappointment.

So if we don't win its not all over? Also there is no way this is a bigger game than either of the previous old firm games.

Back