The old Rangers end at the Piggery

Used to love going to the terraced Rangers end of the Piggery,20 thousand bears strong,first went mid 80s as a young teenager i was in awe of the Rangers support,never seen so many nutcases in the one place,anyone got some good memories to share,must be some cracking stories to be told!

They were the greatest times ever, there was nothing like it in this world.

The feeling when Rangers scored at the Piggery can never and will never be matched, it was almost indescribable.

B8ENkHjCYAAhbKy

Nearly got lifted when someone behind me let a rocket go the cops thought it was me . My mate was going mental calling him everything silly git was making it much worse. Got searched no matches or anything and told “we are watching you”. :D
It was fantastic but not so fantastic when the rain of bottles came down from the headbangers at the back. They were never reaching the track never mind the pitch.
Millers last minute winner fücking bedlam most goals were brilliant but that one was something else.

Remember a game that we got beat 3-0 I think a couple sent off inc Souness but what i do remember is the police trying to remove a massive Union Flag from the Rangers end and the bears standing firm and throwing out any polis that came in.
Some wee mentally challenged looking bastard with scrmabled egg on his hat was directing police from trackside. He told one young cop to get in amongst it and looked like the cop told him to basically %^*& off or after you. Was quite funny.
mentally challengeds sent ball boys out with buckets to pick up the coins that were getting lobbed

I remember going and you could walk out the ground at half time go to the cream vans and go back into the ground without any bother , one time I sen a guy throw a half filled bottle of strike cola from the Rangers end towards the jungle and there was a gap between the two stands that the cops used to stand in and this unlucky polis had come out from behind the stand walking pitch wards and wallop right off the side of his dome it went , knocked him clean out ‍♂️

Remember a game that we got beat 3-0 I think a couple sent off inc Souness but what i do remember is the police trying to remove a massive Union Flag from the Rangers end and the bears standing firm and throwing out any polis that came in.
Some wee mentally challenged looking bastard with scrmabled egg on his hat was directing police from trackside. He told one young cop to get in amongst it and looked like the cop told him to basically %^*& off or after you. Was quite funny.
mentally challengeds sent ball boys out with buckets to pick up the coins that were getting lobbed
I was there m8,almost a full scale riot when coppers tried to get the flag,you could feel the tension in the air,in the end the police thought feck that its not worth it

I'm glad I experienced it as well, the New Year game of 94 was out of this world,.3 up after half an hour. I've heard stories of poets getting in after 5 mins had passed, hearing they were 2 down and heading straight out :))

We had a full 50 seater heading to that game, more than the local mhank club could muster.

I remember going and you could walk out the ground at half time go to the cream vans and go back into the ground without any bother , one time I sen a guy throw a half filled bottle of strike cola from the Rangers end towards the jungle and there was a gap between the two stands that the cops used to stand in and this unlucky polis had come out from behind the stand walking pitch wards and wallop right off the side of his dome it went , knocked him clean out ‍♂
Seen that, always thought it was an Irn Bru bottle, remember seeing it spinning through the gap then landed on top of his napper.

I loved it when we had half of the jungle.
We never had half of the jungle at the piggery. Even in high profile matches such as the SC quarter final in 1970 we only had about a third. We used to get about a third of thier old main stand and roughly half the old enclosure. The mentally challengeds got approx the same when they came to Ibrox. Although there are some folk on here that refuse to believe that we got any of the jungle !

Never bought anything from it but remember the manky pie stall at that end with the pies passed out through a wire grill?

I was at the game in 93 (I think) when we won 4-2 we were 3 up in about 10 mins, I was in our end just beside the jungle, their meltdown was something to behold.
One of the great football days of my life

Best memories include,Alec miller goal,sash in the jungle,and 20,000 bears,along with the Linwood banner,anybody got the picture of the whole Rangers end

I do remember it with fondness going back to the late 60s/early70s . As other posters have said , ended up after we scored about 20 yards from when we started, when we scored.
Used to live in Tollcross at the time, so it was a short walk to the Rangers end for me.
Great times for this Bear :))

We never had half of the jungle at the piggery. Even in high profile matches such as the SC quarter final in 1970 we only had about a third. We used to get about a third of thier old main stand and roughly half the old enclosure. The mentally challengeds got approx the same when they came to Ibrox. Although there are some folk on here that refuse to believe that we got any of the jungle !
I remember going there in the sixties and am fairly sure that we got half of the ground, jungle and main stand, and they got half when coming to Ibrox.
Went to all games v them from 1962 till round about the time Souness came, when it became difficult to always get a ticket for Parkhead.

Was in the jungle for cup final before it got pulled down, they hated that fact think opened it day after so we not last in there.

My one and only game v Celtic at Parkhead was in 87 when Billy Stark scored and won the game for them.. Iv'e never set foot in the place since, and never will...

I’m sure the Filth had small wooden huts at the back selling pies etc, one game one of them get wrecked and the pies were getting passed about with the bears

I cant remember if it was at the Piggery or Hampden when we scored there was a cloud of dust that would rise from the dirt/rubble underfoot

Last edited:
I'm glad I experienced it as well, the New Year game of 94 was out of this world,.3 up after half an hour. I've heard stories of poets getting in after 5 mins had passed, hearing they were 2 down and heading straight out :))

We had a full 50 seater heading to that game, more than the local mhank club could muster.
Was there myself, absolutely superb.

Never got to an OF away game at the old piggery. Was only there twice , against Aberdeen in Scots cup final in the jungle, and Hibs in League Cup Final. My old man thought I was too young at the time for an OF away game incase of any bother outside the ground. Would love to have been there at the 4-2 new years win.

Absolute shithole. Remember a wall collapsing once on my way in to it. Also remember getting seperated from my dad there on the day Hillsborough happened and thinking I was going to get swept away in a fucking crush. A fucking cesspit.

Absolute shithole. Remember a wall collapsing once on my way in to it. Also remember getting seperated from my dad there on the day Hillsborough happened and thinking I was going to get swept away in a fucking crush. A fucking cesspit.

I remember going there in the sixties and am fairly sure that we got half of the ground, jungle and main stand, and they got half when coming to Ibrox.
Went to all games v them from 1962 till round about the time Souness came, when it became difficult to always get a ticket for Parkhead.
They never got half at Ibrox and we never did at the piggery from my recollection. 1962 was a couple of years before I started to go to games so maybe it was different then....

You could sometimes end up 20 yards away from where you originally stood after a goal celebration :))
Fortunately never happened to myself but got told of stories where guys lost ashoe during celebration. Same at Hampden

Was in the jungle for cup final before it got pulled down, they hated that fact think opened it day after so we not last in there.

It never got pulled down after the 1993 Scottish Cup Final, they were putting seats in it for 1993/94 season

But they couldn't handle the fact that our game would have been the last as a terracing so organise a 'Gala Day' the day after the final which involved a game between ex players of Celtic and Manchester United

Spot on m8,as a young teen you felt 10 foot tall to be part of such a phenomenal away support

Finished up blooterd with my auld man, not his fault I was getting a swally from the rest of the Bears. Will never forget the smell and sea of pish at the top of the terracing. I was used to Ibrox and walking into that was a big Wow moment. Atmosphere was incredible that day.

Used to love going to the terraced Rangers end of the Piggery,20 thousand bears strong,first went mid 80s as a young teenager i was in awe of the Rangers support,never seen so many nutcases in the one place,anyone got some good memories to share,must be some cracking stories to be told!

I read somewhere that up until the late 60s/early 70s, they would cram as many as 27k into the Rangers end.

Wish I'd been one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back