The old Rangers end at the Piggery

The only ground where Bears were in the celtic end was Old Hampden in the 71 and 73 SCF. This never happened at the piggery or Ibrox.
It 100 % did happen at the Theatre of Shame in 87. I've a news report on VHS somewhere about it. Also remember seeing newspaper reports with pictures of Rangers fans being ejected from their area. The Bears all stood under the floodlights.

LJOaUYY.jpg
Recall they only flew the Eire flag and then after this was questioned they included others.
Still fly the tricolour as far as I know!

I’m sure the Filth had small wooden huts at the back selling pies etc, one game one of them get wrecked and the pies were getting passed about with the bears

I cant remember if it was at the Piggery or Hampden when we scored there was a cloud of dust that would rise from the dirt/rubble underfoot
It was indeed the piggery wi the dust all over your boots/shoes and strides were always covered in dust after the game.

McGrain was one of us!
To be fair with a name like Daniel Fergus McGrain it was not hard to assume that he wasn't one of us. He didn't sound or look like one of us - could of featured as a backing singer for Dexy's.
Apologies to Bro McGrain :)

souness first season at the piggery 87 we lost 3-1 and i was along with hundreds in the celtic end next to the main stand, when we scored to pull it back to 2-1 the police herded us out. went round the ground and were let in our end.
Myself and a couple of others were in the scum end at parkheid when we lost 1 nil ( can’t remember the year ) and stood beside their old main stand where their was always a space so we had a chance to make a run for it.

I could bore everyone with stories about trips to the Chamber of Secrets but one of my favourites was in November 1990, and me, my wee brother and my old man are quite close to the barrier with the jungle. Couple of minutes in, Scot Nisbet launches a speculative long ball down the channel and Lex Baillie makes a Roger Hunt of his clearing header and MoJo does the rest. Cue bedlam. It was beautiful and so was the look on their faces in the human zoo that was the jungle. I’ll never forget it for as long as I live.

Must have been to most games at the Midden through the 60’s.
Great atmosphere on the terraces,then walking down London
road after a victory,waving at the the people hanging out their tenement windows waving their Union flags.Brilliant! Those were the days.;)
When we won the league at the piggery,i remember comming out and there was a guy up the top of the high flats speakers at the window blasting we are the champions all over parkhead,class!

Cant remember what season it was, might have been 87/88 a sure ob tried to take a flag off bears near the front of the terracing n the janefield end.. he got dragged in and was lucky to escape with his life.. the amount of coins n bottles thrown that day was mental...
Also recall a game around 86/87 and i walked into town but as a kid i followed the icf who sauntered up the barras.. must ha e had around 300 firm.. well the whole of the barras emptied n a mass battle ensured.. celtic fans dragged this guy out the
Melay and kicked him unconsious only for cunts to open his jacket while trying to help him and he was wearing a grwen & grey hooped top. ...

I can remember coming out the ground when we won the treble in 93 there and walking down Janefield Street and there was loads of people In the run down tenements waving Union flags and assorted Rangers stuff. Always thought that day probably made up for all the shit they had to observe over the decades.

Sorry, but it definitely happened at Parkhead. There was a large section of our fans in the terracing at their end, right next to the main stand. When they scored, a whole section at that bit never cheered and remained still.I think that it may have been the game where we were on a really long run of undefeated games in the eighties. I remember we all commented on it at the game at that time.
I do remember our fans in their end at Hampden as you mention.

!00% accurate, I think Celtic won 3-1.

I remember from games in the 80/90’s that cold pies and bovril containers would regularly be liberated from the pie stall at the back of the terracing

I think that game was the one where the casuals first made the press. Photo in the Evening Times of a group of guys in the Rangers end with ski hats.
I was one of them
Cant remember what season it was, might have been 87/88 a sure ob tried to take a flag off bears near the front of the terracing n the janefield end.. he got dragged in and was lucky to escape with his life.. the amount of coins n bottles thrown that day was mental...
Also recall a game around 86/87 and i walked into town but as a kid i followed the icf who sauntered up the barras.. must ha e had around 300 firm.. well the whole of the barras emptied n a mass battle ensured.. celtic fans dragged this guy out the
Melay and kicked him unconsious only for cunts to open his jacket while trying to help him and he was wearing a grwen & grey hooped top. ...

Haha I remember that.....leathered one of their own

Another fond one was legging them the length of Duke St..was kicking off everywhere and those cunts ran like ed moses

Some firm we had out that day

New Year's day 1994. 2-0 up after 3 minutes. Hogmanay all nighter then straight to the game. Carnage, but utterly brilliant.

Back