The old Rangers Shops - anyone got a list?

mdingwall

Administrator
Inverness, Belfast, etc, etc. How many did we have when the old Retail operation was at it's height? 13, 17 or ?

Copland Road
Megastore
Renfield Street
St Vincent Street
Sauchiehall Street
Trongate
Argyle Street
St Enoch Centre

That is from Glasgow City Centre & Ibrox over the past 30+ years

Now one in St Enoch Square

Last edited:
Xmas shop on Renfield St Nov & Dec 86, leading to permanent shop on St Vincent St a few years later.

Also store on Trongate, St Enoch's centre

There was one (briefly, as far as my memory serves me) in Hamilton. With the nick of Hamilton town centre these days, I find it hard to believe now.

Last edited:
Falkirk had one and incredibly around Christmas one year actually had 3-the main one in the High Street,another temporary Xmas one in a rented unit at the start of the High Street (towards Callendar Road) and a temporary unit/stall in the Howgate shopping centre,happy days

There was one on Elgin High Street for a bit around 2004/05. Think it was only the 6 -12 months.

The Inverness one was in the Eastgate Centre, near what was C&A if I recall correctly. I think it's a card shop now.

Edinburgh
Kirkcaldy
Falkirk
Inverness
Ayr
Belfast
Dundee (Xmas)
Elgin (Xmas)
Glasgow Airport
Sauchiehall Street
Union Street?

As above EK; store opened in 1999. I was working next door in McDonalds at the time. I was taking rubbish out to the skip as Advocaat was driven to the rear entrance. He was opening the store (as in ceremonial opening - he didn’t drive about every day opening all the stores in the west of Scotland).

Last edited:
Spent all my pocket money in the Elgin one at the time. Now own the building above where the shop used to be, funny wee world we live in.

Back