The pain of Rhob MacLean was joyous

Currie is fine. Strachan, I don’t think is particularly biased for being one of them - he’s just not very good as a pundit.

McLean is woeful though.

Even the amazing goal at the end by Roofe made him sound like he was at a funeral
Oh that little whank stained Darryl Currie and Strachan were both absolutely devastated.
Strachan couldn’t have praised Rangers more, I’m sure at one point he called the team magnificen.

Currie is a bluenose.

I understand the OP. It’s a hard one with McLean, I can’t tell if it’s just his commentary style that I don’t like or if he’s genuinely hating when we do well.

BT could and should do a lot better than him.
I don't like Currie and its purely based on the day Sutton went to town on Pedro he just stood there and didn't even interrupt Sutton after he started. His shock jock levels of analysis when it came to Alfie every week and time we were on BT got boring as well.

As for Maclean is a sheep fan so he isn't exactly going to go wild about our goals clearly not in the same camp of Rory Hamilton who hit a semi at 2-1 last night and urging celtic to equalise.

Even the amazing goal at the end by Roofe made him sound like he was at a funeral
Oh that little whank stained Darryl Currie and Strachan were both absolutely devastated.

Actually thought McLean was fair and complementary throughout the game.

I've met Darrell Currie a couple of times and he's a Rangers supporter and doesn't try to hide it.

If someone is showing bias against us, then I'm the first to call them out, but let's leave the chip on the shoulder paranoia to the mentally challengeds.

I will be totally honest her. The BT pundit choice is quite frankly embarrassing.
No proper research done on players or games.
When you compare listening to our own Neil McCan, he is like a breath of fresh air with explanations on set up and thoughtful insight

Reminded me of his commentary on the Aribo goal against Braga, you could sense he was raging it had happened

MacLean has a long history of being unhappy when commentating on our games.
This, along with being a poor commentator is why he is not well regarded by a lot of our fans.

He said it was sensational and a piece of magic, what more do you want, start singing the sash. To be fair and I think this goes for everyone, nobody seen that coming at all.

They're not at the game, their watching it on screens like everybody else.

He was the same with Aribos goal against Braga too

Sounded devastated

Daryl Currie is a Rangers fan so I doubt he was ‘hurting’. I’m not a fan of McLean but I’m not sure what else you wanted from him. He was praising our performance the full night including the post-match interview with SG.

Honestly don't hear it in Rob McLean's voice when people spout this nonsense.

Darryl Currie is an excellent host for all of these Scottish football programmes and when he does any of these extra shows on the side you can see he's just excited for all things Scottish football.

Pretty sure Alex Rae said he was glad he was sitting in the main stand when the rain started to come down heavy.
Maybe you right mate. I didnt think any commentary teams were travelling abroad.

Watched the tour de france and the french tennis open and they were all based in london.

Thought they were doing that all round at the moment.

Get a grip man.
Maclean doesn't support either or the old firm and Currie is 100% a Rangers fan
MacLean might not support either of the old firm but it's easy enough to see which one of them he favours. Just listen to him. That'll be the clue.

I think McLean manages to sound nonplussed when he commentates on our games. Could just be his style. Strange he gets the gig.

I've never understood the amount of abuse MacLean gets. I think he's just a dour commentator in general. It can't just be that though of course to many, he has to be a pure rabid Rangers hater.

That screaming clown Tom Miller has ruined more goals for me than MacLean ever has.

To be honest with a goal like that the least I expected was a South American commentator style scream of goooooooaaaaaaaaallllllll, Rooooofffffe that went on for at least a minute.
Edit, just seen the other thread on this! Goalazo!

Last edited:
Cant believe I'm reading threads and people are moaning about absolute trivialities.

It was a great night all round, so what can one have a moan about?ah, I know let's call out the commentators.

Even on the match thread it was constant moaning. 1 up away to a top Belgian side and all we had was moaning about Alfie's performance and alex rae's commentary. It was a relief the rain came down, it changed the subject.

See in future, if you feel like a moan, go do the washing up or get the ironing done.

McLean is a dour commentator but I've heard him excited many times on the BBC and generally it was when we were on the receiving end of it

surely BT must have another commentator they can use on our games, nobody likes Rob
I don't think you are placed to speak for our entire support :rolleyes:
Even allowing for a touch of hyperbole I would suggest that while he is hardly loved it is a stretch to say nobody likes him. There is no commentator who is liked as far as I can work out, I stress commentator because some pundits are liked (for instance wee Neil and emmm? maybe The Magnificent Bastard).

Never listened to him last night but ive always hated Maclean and found him completely biased against Rangers / towards the tims.

Lets be honest there is a section of posters on here that would back anyone on tv, radio, written press or even refereeing/sfa/spfl etc, no matter how they behave... some of them even enjoy listening to hugh keevins as they believe hes totally honest and objective.:)

He said it was sensational and a piece of magic, what more do you want, start singing the sash. To be fair and I think this goes for everyone, nobody seen that coming at all.

They're not at the game, their watching it on screens like everybody else.

No chance of the Sash, not with his relationship wi Setanta. That was a while ago.

No, but weirdos on here seem to think everyone’s hates us. Currie never done anything to suggest he was “devastated”

They've been strolling in the hoose too long they have got into the zoo animal mode.

Walking around in the same pattern all day long. Now that's hoose confinement.

I don't know if it was my steam or what but to me it sounded like he must've been away boiling the kettle as roofe launched it as there was little or no reaction from McLean for about a second after it hit the back of the net!

Exactly, pretty sure on their boards they're convinced every pundit/journo is one of us!

They do suffer from a deep and dangerous paranoia. There are Tims out there utterly convinced that the College of Cardinals is entirely peopled by Bears. At one point Collum, a Principal Teacher of RE in a RC school, was getting called a Hun on their boards.

OP is an idiot here.

Firstly, you cannot have heard Rob MacLean commentate before in your life as he’s never been brimming with enthusiasm during any game and he’s been commentating for the best part of 25 years.

Also, it’s fairly common knowledge that Currie is a Rangers fan and he’s also a very good presenter and professional.

Finally, Strachan was more than fair with us last night and didn’t say anything wrong or out of turn.

I don't know if it was my steam or what but to me it sounded like he must've been away boiling the kettle as roofe launched it as there was little or no reaction from McLean for about a second after it hit the back of the net!

The steam burn from the kettle raised his commentary up a few decibels.

Wob Maclane.....
wah.gif
wah.gif
wah.gif

The coverage was superb tonight , I can’t believe people are moaning ffs
Didn't listen to the celtic game but no complaints about our coverage. I won't be watching the bbc or paying for a TV license as long as they continue to boycott Ibrox but last night was pretty fair.

On the stream I watched the first half was Belgian commentary and the 2nd was Bein tv so it was in Arabic :)

I've got no idea if they were any good but the Belgians kept on saying "The Teddy Bears". :cool:
One thing I did notice was at their halftime summary they spent a lot of time discussing the penalty, even in Europe penalties we get are analysed to death.

Back