The pain of Rhob MacLean was joyous

Have to say I thought Strachan was more than complimentary to us on Thursday.

I personally don’t care what any of them say, if they are talking about us it means they are worried.

Never listened to him last night but ive always hated Maclean and found him completely biased against Rangers / towards the tims.

Lets be honest there is a section of posters on here that would back anyone on tv, radio, written press or even refereeing/sfa/spfl etc, no matter how they behave... some of them even enjoy listening to hugh keevins as they believe hes totally honest and objective.:)

The flipside being that there is also a group of absolute moonhowlers on here that think the whole world is out to get us. :)

MacLean is just a pish commentator.The most annoying thing he does is pronounce debut as "dayboo"

I didn't notice at the time how bad the commentary was. Probably because I was screaming but I watched it back on here and the commentator was shocking

Have to say I thought Strachan was more than complimentary to us on Thursday.

I personally don’t care what any of them say, if they are talking about us it means they are worried.

Personally don't think he is a great pundit. He had a bit of meltdown at halftime during the scum game which was fun to watch.

When he announces one of our goals he sounds like a man telling the kids that the family dog has died.
A total wet wipe of a man and shouldn’t be commentating our games.

Only one I have a problem with is Andy Walker. Think the rest are genuinely just trying to do a job.

Totally agree, some folk on here need to get a grip and call it as it is, not how they want it to be, leave the paranoia to the green and grey.
I spoke to a few mates on the phone after the game and met a few bears yesterday. Not one mention of the commentary. Why the f**k would there be?

If I brought this up in the pub if we were allowed to go, then I would be told to get a life.

I spoke to a few mates on the phone after the game and met a few bears yesterday. Not one mention of the commentary. Why the f**k would there be?

If I brought this up in the pub if we were allowed to go, then I would be told to get a life.
Totally. It's embarrassing some of the crap on here, the team are playing well and we have the obsessed ignoring that and disecting and misconstruing every comment made in the media. Of course there are Rangers haters out there but don't invent stuff just to be offended.

I agree with all you say but he definitely gave us a lot of positive praise after the game.
Still a wee fud.

Aye no disagreement there mate, I don't have any gripe with him for stuff like that, just don't think he's good pundit. Tries to hard to be funny, which he obviously isnt.

Why are some people so desperate to be offended by any/everything? It's pathetic and the very same behaviour we rightly mock the mentally challengeds for.
Couldn’t agree more. Especially on a night like Thursday, why are some people so desperate to find negatives??

We’ve been almost universally praised, both for the result/performance as well as Roofe’s goal.

The commentary team sounded pretty happy about the goal from what I heard.

And Darryl Currie is most definitely not one of the bad guys. I’ve no idea where the OP gets that impression from.

watched it many times back

"sensational, magic, what about this, that is something special"

that's from the main commentator

Rob isn’t a great commentator, that’s as far as this goes.
His reaction, watching the same pictures as all of us were, was decent enough... surprise, amazement, and disbelief. We can’t expect Spanish style commentary from Scottish commentators.
he might not be a Rangers supporter, but he’s not a hater...

Rob isn’t a great commentator, that’s as far as this goes.
His reaction, watching the same pictures as all of us were, was decent enough... surprise, amazement, and disbelief. We can’t expect Spanish style commentary from Scottish commentators.
he might not be a Rangers supporter, but he’s not a hater...
Well I banged the top of my head on the living room light with jumping up off my couch , the mans got a handbrake voice has just garbage mate

I dont think he is bias tbh, but watch back Aribos goal v Braga and Roofes on Thursday. Quite often you'll remember a bit of quality commentary that goes alongside massive goals.

McLean just sounds depressed and monotone as he does for all games he commentates on. There has to be better out there imo. Tyldesley or Beglin would have been besides themselves for either of those goals mentioned.

First thing I thought of when I heard someone being criticised for their pronunciation of the word standard.

Takes me back to a football team night out in the city centre about 25 years ago where I passed some time in the taxi queu by shouting Morny Stannit at the paper salesman every few minutes between his shouts. A couple of people knew what I was on about, the rest were probably just laughing at me.

He's one of them that's for sure, give me Peter Martin any day, a far better commentator Celtic fan or not Peter would have sent mcfaddenesque on thursday
He’s a tadger but he ain’t a mentally challenged.He supports the sheep.

I've said this many times before but I'll say it again. On the eve of the league cup final many years ago, Rob McLean said live on air on radio clyde that because he was ' Irish ' , he predicted Aberdeen would beat Rangers. That was his sole reason.

Rob McLean was on Go Radio last night. Thought he was very positive about Rangers.
I’ve just listened to it and to be fair he couldn’t have been much more complimentary. Through gritted teeth maybe but all the same spoke highly of the performance and goal.

He said it was sensational and a piece of magic, what more do you want, start singing the sash. To be fair and I think this goes for everyone, nobody seen that coming at all.

They're not at the game, their watching it on screens like everybody else.
To be fair, isn’t that the norm for BBC Scotland?

Honestly don't hear it in Rob McLean's voice when people spout this nonsense.

Darryl Currie is an excellent host for all of these Scottish football programmes and when he does any of these extra shows on the side you can see he's just excited for all things Scottish football.

Agreed. I think commentators have to walk a fine line when being excited for a team. Particularly up here when if they’ve not been almost deadpan then they are accused of favouring one team or another.

then they end up being accused of favouring one side anyway because they weren’t as pro rangers as Tom Commentator is when we score.

Why are some people so desperate to be offended by any/everything? It's pathetic and the very same behaviour we rightly mock the mentally challengeds for.

Its almost as if it’s become a quick way to win internet points and get likes on your comment.

Say everyone hates us and you're pretty much certain to get some likes on your OP

I don't know if it was my steam or what but to me it sounded like he must've been away boiling the kettle as roofe launched it as there was little or no reaction from McLean for about a second after it hit the back of the net!

I hate to defend the fud McLean but I think the commentary was slightly delayed for the full game. Even watching the highlights he only just mentions Liege hitting the bar after Tav has already cleared it wide.

Theres a reason hes been part of the bbc coverage for a long number of years and also why setanta sport picked Maclean as host for live games and shows like press box which was basically radio clyde with pics, him spiers waddell etc, spewing their poison. Sure he was also writing about the enjoyment and pleasure he gets watching sellik most weeks in the sunday mail too(unless ive mixed him up there).

He may have been ok the other night but his behaviour over the years has not been very professional, i always thought he was a crazy Aberdeen fan much like Richard Gordon. He behaves the same.

I hate to defend the fud McLean but I think the commentary was slightly delayed for the full game. Even watching the highlights he only just mentions Liege hitting the bar after Tav has already cleared it wide.
Quite possibly. Either way il not get too upset. 3 points in the bag.

Back