The passing of John Donald, former Chairman of the Rangers Supporters Association

Aww shame,, i knew he was ill for some time, he would drink in the pub i used to frequent the black bull n the high street.
I know his boy well,though not seen young JD FOR A NUMBER OF years.. could sit n listen to johns storys all night.. a great character. Will b sadly .missed

Used to have dealings with John via the RSA. Good guy, condolences to his family.

I knew John and served with him years ago when I was on the RSA executive and rep council
He was a member of cowcaddens RSC I'm sure

Rest in peace John.

Remember John fondly when the Govan True Blues and the Cowcaddens shared a bus, one of the good guys.

remember John from the cowcaddens later joining up with the Govan true blues. Always came across as a proper gentleman. knew he hadn't been keeping well.
condolences to the family. RIP John

Also knew John through our meetings with the RSA.

Sad news ,Sincere condolences to all family and friends

Sadly, John has passed away after a long illness.

He was widely known through the RSA and the Wee Rangers Club.

A longstanding advocate for Rangers fans rights and an absolute gentleman.

He will be sadly missed by all privileged to have known him.
Use to go on the cowcadddens bus back in the day when aberdeen was an overnight in stonehaven rip john

A gentleman and a total bluenose. He'll be sadly missed,

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

I have nothing but fond memories of John. A genuinely nice man.

With the angels I'll be singing.

FBS

Knew John through the association and RST.

Nice guy.

Very sorry to hear of his passing after his illness.

Rest easy John.

Met John through RSA meetings.Always came across as gentleman.Condolences to his family and friends.

Knew him through travelling on the Cowcaddens bus in the late 70s, early 80s. Was fortunate to be in his company often. He was a thorough gentleman and a real Rangers man.
Condolences to the family.

Like a few others I had the privilege of meeting John while attending Association meetings , sad news and condolences to the family
RIP John

Some updated funeral details.

Obviously close family only inside but if people wish to pay respects please observe social distancing outside.

i have just been advised that time of above service is now 11.15am saturday 6th june at maryhill crematorium. 19 tresta road. glasgow g23 5aa..

Back