The Penalty

DRAGO

Who else wasn't confident?

If Tav has had any doubt the new penalty taker should have been chosen weeks ago. Morelos has never been the type to take a penalty he works on instinct.

A total joke to suddenly decide he takes them when you can see him getting more and more wound up.

Me, and I was listening on the radio. If Tav didn’t want to take it, Kent or Jack would be my choice

If Tav has had any doubt the new penalty taker should have been chosen weeks ago. Morelos has never been the type to take a penalty he works on instinct.

A total joke to suddenly decide he takes them when you can see him getting more and more wound up.
Have to agree with this. Who takes penalties should have been resolved after his last Tav calamity not on the middle of a cup final.

Pre-match id have been fine with Morelos taking it. But by this point he’d had a few good chances not taken (albeit denied by excellent saves), for that reason alone I was extremely nervous about him stepping up.

Penalties should have been decided before kick off and I’m sure they were. If Tav wasn’t confident then I don’t blame him one bit, if Tav was the designated hitter and changed his mind in the moment, then I’d be disappointed.

My issue with this is not that Tav gave it to Morelos to take. These things should be decided during the preparation for the final not during the game.

Morelos constantly goes the same side with power in his penalities at least with Tav he can score by hitting it any side and at any height

Called it getting saved before it was took.

Tav had to lead by example and show no fear, and giving the ball away showed the exact opposite
Totally agree mate. He just put even more pressure on Alfie to get this monkey off his back.
Very poor 2nd half by all. Real lack of quality was very apparent. So disappointed with Kent, who was the difference between us and them last year.
Anyway, we soldier on. Bigger prizes are still to play for.

I knew deep inside that we'd miss it.

He should never have been allowed to take it, just so he could say he'd scored against them.

Unsure if it's down to Tav or down to SG -- but it shouldn't have been allowed to come about.

And ... it was a fecking dreadful penalty kick.
Thats the thing it really was a crap pen

Tav for me proved Sutton correct. That smarmy b@stard will take all the kudos for his statement and right now he's correct.

Rangers today proved that they are the best football team in the land, however

Why does he always have to pure smash the ball?

every chance he had today he just tried to hit it as hard as he can.

even before today. Why’s his first instinct to just blooter the ball?

just pass the ball into the corner sometimes please, Alfie

I think the pressure on Morelos to score against them was too much. He shouldn’t have taken it. I’d have stuck with Tavernier.

If we had been given the other two blatant penalties we might have scored one or both. If their goal had been disallowed for offside what then?

If tav doesn't take it
Morelos is second in line

Moment just got too much for him and his effort was poor

I still have some confidence in Tav taking penalties but was terrified when Alfie took it.

Couldn't have scored if you put the ball on the line for him today and you expect me to have confidence in him to score a penalty when he's taken i think one for us? Surely someone like Jack or Barisic have to be decent at penalties?

Tav for me proved Sutton correct. That smarmy b@stard will take all the kudos for his statement and right now he's correct.

Rangers today proved that they are the best football team in the land, however

Means absolutely nothing if we can’t win

People didn't want Tav taking anymore Pens, yet when it's passed onto Morelos, Tav still gets blamed

A
Got to love the FF Mourinhos, a few weeks ago "Get Alfie on Pens, Tav is shit", today Alfie misses "Fu.ck sake Tavs a shitbag, he should never have let Alfie hit it", Gold medal Bandwagon jumpers!

If Tav was the designated penalty taker and gave the pen to Alfie off his own back it's a scandalous decision. Could you seriously see Barry Ferguson for example doing something like that in an old firm final. I bet Lurch couldn't believe his luck when he saw Alfie was taking it.

Not confident would be a massive understatement for me. I absolutely love Morelos to pieces but he was never never scoring that

Morelos should not be on penalties. His game is not built on finesse and his technical ability is questionable at times. He regularly scuffs the ball and goes for power over precision. There’s 3 or 4 players I would’ve chosen over him to take it.

Well Gerrard states as some of us already thought, that Morelos was the designated taker before a ball was kicked so I think some people should be laying off Tav who actually played very well.

If anything I question Gerrard thinking Morelos should be on penalties, hes not a calm composed player at all. He is an instinctive goal scorer and struggles when he gets a bit of time to think about a finish.

Soon as I knew Alfie was taking it I looked away. 100% the wrong time to start fùckin about with who takes the pens. Shambles.

I can absolutely understand why Tav did it. It was an easy opportunity for Morelos to get the monkey off his back.

At what time is that deemed as more important than battering the back of the net to level the game?

Turned away in the pub and couldn't watch it

Back