'The Picture" - that sums up the Leipzig game

mdingwall

Administrator

The Leipzig Bullfighter.

The display really summed up the night - the heroes of our past - not just Johnston and Stein, but the Founders and Willie Waddell, Alan Morton, Torry Gillick and all the players and fans of the past were with us. It was that kind of night.

The iconic historical Barca 72 poster married to the Bull being gored and the matadors red cape was poetic given the opposition.

Im not wearing a hat at the moment, but if i were, i would take it off to salute whoever came up with the idea to recreate that famous poster we (of a certain vintage) had on our walls

The Leipzig Bullfighter.

The display really summed up the night - the heroes of our past - not just Johnston and Stein, but the Founders and Willie Waddell, Alan Morton, Torry Gillick and all the players and fans of the past were with us. It was that kind of night.

Get that on a plane to Seville, superb.

The Leipzig Bullfighter.

What a picture.

Im not wearing a hat at the moment, but if i were, i would take it off to salute whoever came up with the idea to recreate that famous poster we (of a certain vintage) had on our walls
Agreed, it was absolute genius. Fitting on so many levels.

It’s an iconic picture but the image forever imprinted on my brain of this wonderful night is big Johns Tardelli like goal celebration, sheer bedlam

Apologies for the thread hijack, but can anybody share or point me in the direction of the gif of the wee guy who was a bit emotional after the opener but thumping his chest after the third?

Back