The pitch or the referee

derbybear

Which was WORSE?

How do we get these inept phuckers? The only thing positive about the ref tonight is that he wasn't the worst but he was feckin rank rotten.

As far as the pitch goes it looked like they had let a load of golfers on before the game taking massive divots!

Which was WORSE?

How do we get these inept phuckers? The only thing positive about the ref tonight is that he wasn't the worst but he was feckin rank rotten.

As far as the pitch goes it looked like they had let a load of golfers on before the game taking massive divots!
This is not an excuse but the pitch hindered us,we could get no flow going and that suited Rapid.

There's no doubt in my mind the pitch hindered us greatly.

We must learn to perform on all types of surface tho...

Our lack of quality was the problem that's where we are just now. Hopefully with the money in this campaign we can get better quality.

Pitch was shocking and the ref was conned several times. This however wasn't the reason we got knocked out.

We need to create more chances.

For one of the few occasions this season, I can’t say the referee really registered with me as having any significant influence on the result.

The pitch did feel like a bit of a leveller, the ball held up a lot when we were trying to break away.

Referee turned from about 60 minutes on and changed the dynamic if the game

Any fall by them was a foul and they played on it

About 4 rapid players kicked the ground and got free kicks. Jack was booked for well... who knows what jack was booked for?
Take nothing away from the fact we were absolute mince. Never layed a glove on them. How easy did they have it from start to finish? Another abject performance. 3 on the trot now!

The ref made some silly decisions but overall didn't really affect the game did he? The pitch was dreadful thought so it was the worse out of the two.

However, we were our own downfall tonight.

We lost out in the two games against Spartak both of which we could (should) have won for tonight should have been a formality against a poor Rapid team so in my mind nothing to do with the pitch or the referee although neither helped

For one of the few occasions this season, I can’t say the referee really registered with me as having any significant influence on the result.

The pitch did feel like a bit of a leveller, the ball held up a lot when we were trying to break away.
I can't agree .

The ref blew the whistle practically every time a player was touched, on both sides.

I watched the game with my dad and I said at one point I thought he was a basketball ref and he had forgot that football was a contact sport .

I'm not blaming the ref for having us not winning, not by any stretch.

I remember Gazza commenting about a ref once .

He said he though the ref just go a new whistle and was wanting to play with it .

The ref was poor, not biased, just poor .

The pitch was shit, a bit of a cow field.

BUT, we just weren't good enough tonight .

Which was WORSE?

iqlerm.jpg

We were unfortunate tonight and could have or probably should have won. For me it says a lot that we have come to expect more from the game than we got.
We lost out because we only took one point from six against Spartak who frankly were the worst team in the group.
I won’t lose any sleep over this as I see massive progress from where we have come from over the last 6 years.
The pitch was a ploughed field and didn’t suit our play and again we seen some strange refereeing decisions in Europe almost as bad as in Scotland but that is the fine line in football that we couldn’t get over tonight.

hardly straws.

A decent ref knows when their is contact or not. He also books players for persistent fouling.

Didn't think the ref was that bad in all honesty.
The Ref was atrocious but not the reason we lost. The pitch was atrocious but they played on the same pitch. Our tactics were atrocious I love Gerrard so I hope it is a learning curve,

It was an even game; pity we didn't win because it was a good game of football and it would have been nice to watch it again. There was parts of the game where looked as if we were back in form, and I think that's because both Morelos and Arfield impact us greatly. Have those two fit and available in three weeks time and we have a real chance of winning that game.

Back