The pitch

@HumpZ can you answer something that’s bugged me for a while

during warmup, the keepers dive about at the portable goals which get installed at the corner flags. Means the keepers are digging up the pitch at the corners

Why are the portable goals not moved to the Govan or Main Stand side so that the keepers would be diving off the actual playing area and instead on the Astro grass or just off the pitch where the linesmen run?

Smaller camber maybe make it seem like that? Can't imagine we would have made it smaller
Just thought the gap between pitch and the track looked a bit bigger.
I know we used to play about with pitch width years ago to gain advantage with teams used to narrow / wider pitches.

Just thought the gap between pitch and the track looked a bit bigger.
I know we used to play about with pitch width years ago to gain advantage with teams used to narrow / wider pitches.
Said the same yesterday mate. Thought the line at the Sandy Jardine stand looked a lot further away from the stand than previously but probably not.

The way the Astro is laid in the corners and in front for the enclosures there’s not really anyway we could make it bigger so guess we’re already in maximum dimensions

There should be a rule sticky and on that thread it should include that when you are in a hole stop digging.

Back