The poster Murakami has died - FF raise over £5k - You are amazing

Hi. I am murakami‘s wife. For those that knew him that didn’t know him personally his name was Matt Hamilton. I don’t know how to say this but he took very unwell on Thursday 10th of June and tragically he died. I am beyond heartbroken and telling our 7 year old son that his daddy is dead is the worst thing I’ve ever had to do. He coped so well when his dad had his leg amputated 2 years ago but this is just unbearable. I know that he was always on FollowFollow and loved the banter with you all so I know he would have wanted me to let you all know and to say thanks for everything (ps it wasn’t the bad aids, it was a heart attack and complications of diabetes). Please please whatever you do get yourselves life insurance as I have no idea how we are going to manage. Be happy, live every moment to it’s fullest as you never know when your final whistle will be blown. Thanks, Kelly xxx

ADMIN EDIT - Go Fund me Link added

http://gofundme.com/f/in-memory-of-matt-hamilton-murakami

4-AB222-C7-1-A6-F-4669-83-EF-00-F98-D3366-E6.jpg
I honestly don’t know how to reply to this.

I can’t imagine what you are going through and all I can say is that my heart breaks for you and your son.

stay strong. Keep holding him close and don’t ever let him forget his daddy.

Very sorry for your loss, struck a chord with me having a young boy myself. Small donation made, hopefully it will all add up and be of some help.

I remember this guy very well with his posts regarding his operation.

It stood out in its remarkable stoicism and good humour.

Very, very sorry to hear this. I’m sure your boy will grow up to be very proud of his Dad, as should you.

Sincere condolences.
I remember them well. He was very funny and upbeat about the future despite his ordeal. Never knew him but you know when someone is a good guy just from their posts. He told his son he was a pirate after the amputation and I thought that was amazing.

Absolutely heartbreaking.

Mrs Hamilton, if you ever need a chat, there are plenty of good outlets on FF. Mark Dingwall was an absolute superstar when my Da passed in February.

May your beloved husband rest easy and may you and your son find peace and move forward.

P.S. The Rangers family will see you right.

Take care of yourself and your family.

Last edited:
Amazing news 9n the gofundme. No doubts you'll get the support to smash another target to help

Terrible news, thoughts are with his loved ones.

Proud of those that have contributed to one of our own.

definitely get it sorted. I have life insurance for me but we didn’t get around to it for Matt. Never in a million years did I think I’d be a widow at 42!

My father died when I was 9 and my mother was 40. He didn't have life insurance either. There wasn't much money and my mum had to go back to work which meant that I was eating out the chip shop a couple of times a week but we made it. I'm not pretending that it will be easy and it will be harder for you than for your wee boy, but you will make it too. I know that you feel like you are in a dark tunnel right now but, believe me, there will be a chink of light at the end of it.

Hi. I am murakami‘s wife. For those that knew him that didn’t know him personally his name was Matt Hamilton. I don’t know how to say this but he took very unwell on Thursday 10th of June and tragically he died. I am beyond heartbroken and telling our 7 year old son that his daddy is dead is the worst thing I’ve ever had to do. He coped so well when his dad had his leg amputated 2 years ago but this is just unbearable. I know that he was always on FollowFollow and loved the banter with you all so I know he would have wanted me to let you all know and to say thanks for everything (ps it wasn’t the bad aids, it was a heart attack and complications of diabetes). Please please whatever you do get yourselves life insurance as I have no idea how we are going to manage. Be happy, live every moment to it’s fullest as you never know when your final whistle will be blown. Thanks, Kelly xxx

ADMIN EDIT - Go Fund me Link added

http://gofundme.com/f/in-memory-of-matt-hamilton-murakami

4-AB222-C7-1-A6-F-4669-83-EF-00-F98-D3366-E6.jpg
Matt was an old friend from way back in primary school days in the 70s, when I started follow following in the 80s I went to the games with him and a few others. Texted me just the other day too. Shocked to hear this. Rip mate

Donation made, terrible situation. Wish you all the strength in the coming weeks and months.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

As others have said if you ever need to talk or want some advice there are plenty of helpful people on here.

I cannot count the number of times people have helped me and my family over the years.

Is there a closing date on donations, was going to wait for pay day but if it'll have expired I can donate a smaller amount now?

Is there a closing date on donations, was going to wait for pay day but if it'll have expired I can donate a smaller amount now?
Was gonna ask the same. Kinda skint just now so could only stick a fiver in but would happily stick something a bit more substantial in on payday.

I have no plan in mind at the moment for when to close it down.
Cheers admin, I appreciate that there’s a very fine line between raising as much as possible and getting it to Kelly at the time when it’s needed most.

Back