The poster Murakami has died - FF raise over £5k - You are amazing

Matt’s funeral will be on Wednesday morning. Kelly is absolutely blown away by the response to this.
What an amazing total thus far, and well done everyone for getting behind it, although it's no surprise we rally for one of our own. Kudos to colin for setting up the gofundme as well.

With the funeral tomorrow, I hope you know, Kelly, we'll all be thinking of you and wee David, and sending our love and positive vibes and strength tomorrow. Stand tall, stay strong and we'll all be in the room with you tomorrow, figuratively speaking of course otherwise you'd have wee nicola at the doorway taking names! I hope the massive support you have from here has helped you in some way.

Those photos are heartbreaking Kelly I hope you and your son can find a way to adjust to life without Matt, and I'm sure yous will both be just fine.

Matt will forever be looking down on you both.

Another bear gone too soon, what a past year its been, truly awful news. Hope you can get through today as best as you can. Take care.

First amount of donations has been processed and will be in Kelly’s account tomorrow. That’s £2700 with the rest to come in next few days.
After speaking to her there are a few major things this is going to have an immediate positive impact on.

Well done everyone. Never been prouder of this site

First amount of donations has been processed and will be in Kelly’s account tomorrow. That’s £2700 with the rest to come in next few days.
After speaking to her there are a few major things this is going to have an immediate positive impact on.

Big thanks to you as well mate for setting everything up and helping Matt's family, well done mate.

I had the pleasure of being in Matt's company when we went to Manchester in 2008. No-one else I knew could commit to travelling, so I had a spare train ticket and put it on here, on the off chance someone would want to go down.

We met at Edinburgh Waverley on the morning of the game and I remember to this day the good patter we had. We parted ways the next day once back in Scotland and I joked we'd see each other in 36 years' time as we'd have to wait that long to see Rangers in another European final.

RIP, big man. I didn't know you at all but Manchester that day on my own would have been nowhere near as good.

Thats great news at a sad time. If you are able to pass it on like this, will you keep open until end of month, I think a few would have liked to have donated but need to wait till payday?

Genuinely I’m so lucky to have all of this support. All of your messages as well as every penny donated are helping David and I so much! It’s been a tough weekend with Father’s Day and it’s certainly hitting home more now. Lots of tears but lots of smiles and jokes too. The support has blown me away completely. I don’t have Murakami/Matts way with words, he was the writer I’m just the nurse . All I can say is Thankyou all, from the bottom of my heart xxx

You are all incredible!!! I brought Murakami/Matts ashes home today. Always said I’d lock him in the cupboard if he annoyed me…..
In keeping with the spirit of donations if anyone ever needs a right prosthetic leg I have one going spare….just saying
But genuinely Thankyou all!!!! Xxx
I can see why Matt fell in love with you. I hope you continue to post. You'll be a very welcome addition to the forum.

Back