The Premier League's ambitious plan to resume season behind closed doors at the start of MAY in order to finish by July 12 to avoid TV contract rebate

Actually don't dismiss this idea out of hand too quickly as this could work and for the SPL too.

As the players are not immune to Corvid 19 all they need is to use those individual Protective, Invisible- Aura Shields like they have in Star Trek. An invisible shield surrounding each player, the referees, his assistants, the ball boys, the ball, and the managers.

In fact the substitutes could still even all sit close to each other in the dugout if they used these shields. There have already been rudimentry trials of this where some players taking thrown-ins even wipe the ball with a towel.

I will bet the EPL and SPL hierarchy will be investigating this as we speak.

be nice to see liverpool presented with league winners trophy on the twelth, as it looks like we are not getting to southport this year on that day

Are the players meant to adhere to the social distancing rules whilst playing. Sooner they accept it won't happen and null and void the season the better.

Ultimately it’s a business planning what to do when they can get back to work like all other businesses, in sporting terms the NBA is considering the same sort of thing with all teams playing games in a single location with no fans.

Wait till London reaches its peak with this pandemic. I'm getting the impression some clubs really havnt grasped what is actually going on. Its more than millionaire players talking wage cuts and tv money ffs.

I hope this is the end of the EPLs over priced tv income and things start to normalize again and allow teams from smaller nations to be more competitive

Would love to hear the PFA's take on putting players, staff, official, TV crew and all subsequent family at risk?
I understand at some point the Government will want to loosen the pressure valve and show the public that the tide is turning to normality but fitba BCD isn't the way

Desperate, sad, greedy bastards is the only way to describe them. Made billions but worrying that they might not be able to dish out stupid amounts of money to keep their buddy clubs spending millions on ruining football.

Would love to hear the PFA's take on putting players, staff, official, TV crew and all subsequent family at risk?
I understand at some point the Government will want to loosen the pressure valve and show the public that the tide is turning to normality but fitba BCD isn't the way

The PFA depute chief executive gave an interview to The Athletic where he said it’s member’s initial opposition to closed doors games had shifted and they were realistic about it being the only way to complete the season.

Scrap the offside rule and introduce the 2m rule. Will be interesting to watch with no tackling and who should concede ground if 1 v 1 through on the goalie!

Utter madness, why they think they should be exempt to the rules that the rest of the human race
are subject to is beyond belief. Imagine 1 player displayed symptoms 24 hours after a match, his own team and the opposition go in to isolation scuppering everything, players could claim huge sums for becoming infected and exposing their families...

Morons.

Not a chance imo, madness. As was said earlier folk cant even visit relatives and medical staff needed elsewhere

Absolute pie in the sky.

The Chief Medical Officer is saying that the current restrictions could be in place for months. There is not a chance in hell that football will be played until Autumn at the earliest I think.

The PFA will knock the BCD idea on the head quickly.

Back