The problem is the lack of shots on target

We had the most shots at goal and the most shots on target out of every team in the league this weekend.
But we failed to win that's what counts as the earlier poster said possession is nothing without goals , we had more possession than say livingstone but they gained more points than us just an example as I said possession without goals is worthless.

Coaching guys on £10k /£25k per week on how to strike a ball?
I’ve heard it all now
the latest pish we have to listen too from experts is a players “numbers” The only number that matters is the final score. With 6 mins injury time we should have pushed players up and got the ball into their penalty box earlier. . .numbers ffs
To be fair players like Ryan Kent have spoken about how the coaching staff have been working hard on improving his "numbers", so that's probably where that one is coming from.

As for striking a ball, I'm no professional footballer but I'm almost certain that will be coached, along with all other aspects of the game.

The manager himself strikes a football far better than any of our players, why wouldn't he work with the players on shooting technique?

No we didn't.

25 shots at goal is not shots on goal.
Stats says 7 were on target

Our goal return from shots outside the box must be shocking.

We could all agree Turnbull is a limited player but he scores goals which is why he is getting the plaudits (thats a basic example).

We are very poor in midfield for shots, Kamara hit one that was so bad it was going out for a throw!!

Shocking!!!

We had more shots on target in the 1st half than usual, yet only scored 1 goal. I thought the 1st half was as 1 sided as I can remember. I said to my mate we might regret our missed chances.

Our day was summed up in the last minute when aribo was bending it I the corner and it hit morelos.

I'm not overly concerned, if we weren't creating openings then I'd be worried. I'll put yesterday down to just one of those days that happens.

Random shots at goal get deflected into the net quite often. Tippy tappy waiting for the perfect opportunity just as often go directly to the keeper

The problem is much more fundamental. You’ve described the symptom.

The problem is quality. We are lacking in quality all over. Lack of quality in creating good chances. Lack of quality in our creative play. Lack of quality in our finishing.

We need to improve the quality of everything we do.

We have all the ball but create nothing. It’s the same every game. Their goalkeeper had nothing to do the whole game which is unforgivable at home. Too much tippy tappy nonsense instead of having a shot
Keeper had a couple of saves to make.
Nothing terrific but still had to be made.

But we failed to win that's what counts as the earlier poster said possession is nothing without goals , we had more possession than say livingstone but they gained more points than us just an example as I said possession without goals is worthless.
Yes, I am not disagreeing with that. The problem is failing to win, not anything about shots on target, literally, the problem is the lack of shots ending up in the back of the net.

We have played 6 games in the league,

Us 103 total attempts, 36 on target, 11 goals

Opposition 40 total attempts, 12 on target, 5 goals

in the 5 European games

Us 67 total attempts, 17 on target 3 goals

Opposition 22 total attempts, 9 on target, 6 goals.

Back