The problem is the lack of shots on target

We had quite a few actually, just hit them straight at Kelly
I must have missed them as the only shot I can think of was the one before the corner we scored from . He will never have an easier afternoon

The shooting/finishing is very poor and Gerrard (much like me) looked incredibly frustrated at the woeful efforts on goal.

Extra coaching required, we've certainly got enough coaches who know how to strike a ball.

24 with 7 on target, our problem is like Dundee utd our opponents have scored with their only shot on target. If we had that ratio we would have won 7-1 . There wasn't much wrong today esp first half a little break here or there and it's 2-0 at half time, games done. We get enough on target just not either clinical enough or atm just plain unfortunate.

When we break the first thing we do is look up and see who we can pass to instead of driving forward with the ball and committing opponents. We are so indecisive on the break.

We have all the ball but create nothing. It’s the same every game. Their goalkeeper had nothing to do the whole game which is unforgivable at home. Too much tippy tappy nonsense instead of having a shot
I’d say we created plenty, it was the finishing that was poor. Must’ve been 3 or 4 straight down the keepers throat, and countless high, wide and row Z.

For me we seem to always run/pass into areas where we get crowded out. There are times when you can actually see the hesitancy in our play. A player looks to make a direct pass, then thinks twice, and plays the safe option instead. By then the defence has recovered and 9 times out of 10 crowd us out. There was an instance later in the game today where Arfield looked to play a forward pass into the box for someone to run onto, but hesitated, thought better of it, and passed the ball wide instead. I know possession is important in today's game, but unless you do something with it, it is meaningless.

We need to take me risks and be more direct, with both our passing and shooting.

This extra touch, shot or trying to slide in the perfect pass through a wall of opposition or turning back the way and releasing it out wide that is that short it’s nearly cut out, is really starting to grate on me.

Can we get one of our young fans to hold up a cardboard sign saying:

"Anyone, can I have a shot on goal please, thanks!"

I think that might be worth trying?

We had a fair few shots today.
Although late on, they seemed to dry up.

One aspect of it though is that our players shouldn't be afraid to strike it into a ruck of players.
We've had goals scored against us like that.

I know there are arguments against doing this (battering the ball into a packed area) but Roofe and Sakala imo are the guys who would benefit from this because of their quicker thinking in picking up the pieces that would result.

There's also still grounds for saying that our guys should be practising more on long-range shooting, especially when you consider how most teams play against us in Scotland.

If we are going to be static and predictable, as we were in the second half, where do the chances come from? Our shape is a strong aspect of our game, perhaps the strongest, but also our movement off the ball, from mid to front in particular, but that wasn't the case for much of the game. We need to up our game to what we do best, more consistently.

If our shooting was sharper then the dundee utd and motherwell goals would have been irrelevant and we would be 9 clear of the mhanks

Gaffers presser was spot on, someone needs to step up and rattle a few goals in.

Hopefully Hagis return coincides with more goals as we are missing a wee bit of magic

Shooting doesn’t have to mean ripping the back of the net out without the keeper even seeing it. It can be the keeper spilling a save, hitting the post or bar, then in, or a deflection off a defender. Even a hand ball or just a corner. Instead we pass the ball around, killing time and any opportunity we had. I could understand it if we didn’t struggle to kill teams off so frequently.

We badly need to add this to our game.

It’s horrific, every game. Fucking shoot keeper palms it out, deflection anything can happy but you need to buy a lottery ticket. Our forward play tactics are fucking horrific. It’s doing my nut in.

We’re scared to shoot from distance, especially Kamara and Aribo.

When our players do shoot, they are absolute powderpuff. I’ve genuinely never seen so many players unable to hit the ball cleanly with their laces through it…always daft side footers.

I remember years ago reading the stat that 1 in 3 shots on target will result in a goal. I just don’t know why when we are struggling to convert any of our shots on target the opposition always seem to convert their one shot on target.

We have all the ball but create nothing. It’s the same every game. Their goalkeeper had nothing to do the whole game which is unforgivable at home. Too much tippy tappy nonsense instead of having a shot
There is probably some sport science data that says taking the the extra touch to get in to a better scoring position increases the chance of you scoring,but imo if you are in the box you should be shooting.

There is probably some sport science data that says taking the the extra touch to get in to a better scoring position increases the chance of you scoring,but imo if you are in the box you should be shooting.

I think there is an argument that teams ( not just ourselves ) have become so over analysed and coached that players are becoming like robots scared to get out of position or not follow certain patterns of play

We had 24 attempts at goal apparently. 7 on target.
The 7 on target weren't worthy of being called shots, they were more like passbacks.

It looked to me that we'd been told to shoot more but, other than the 7 "on target", they were nowhere near troubling their goal never mind their keeper.

I think there is an argument that teams ( not just ourselves ) have become so over analysed and coached that players are becoming like robots scared to get out of position or not follow certain patterns of play
There's probably an element of truth in that, players maybe worried about how their numbers look so don"t want stats showing 10 shots at goal and no goals scored or something like that.

The shooting/finishing is very poor and Gerrard (much like me) looked incredibly frustrated at the woeful efforts on goal.

Extra coaching required, we've certainly got enough coaches who know how to strike a ball.
Coaching guys on £10k /£25k per week on how to strike a ball?
I’ve heard it all now
the latest pish we have to listen too from experts is a players “numbers” The only number that matters is the final score. With 6 mins injury time we should have pushed players up and got the ball into their penalty box earlier. . .numbers ffs

We had almost 25 shots on goal today.

Frighteningly poor.
Not on target but , Davis had 2 or 3 shots that went wide or over , Roofe missed a sitter in the 6 yard box & Aribo's shooting is terrible , I agree with the other poster who stated that they must be told not to shoot & to keep possession . We pass the ball about outside the box the eventually go wide to Tav or Borna with Tav 9 times out of 10 he hits the 1st defender & Borna over hits it , we are really poor in the forward positions .

Their defensive set up was that tight is prevented clear sight at goal,Our forwards were moving the ball about trying to create space but they closed the space very quickly,

Back