The problem started at Full Time on Dec 29th

Using Walter as an example here, after the result on the 29th he would have gone over, shook Lennons hand and been straight up the tunnel. No grabbing cameras and yelling into them, then joining the players on the field, congratulating them all. He would have waited in the changing room, got the players in and said enjoy tonight, you deserve it, tomorrow its f..ckin over. History. We go away for 3 weeks and come back and go again from scratch. Absolutely nothing has been won today apart from 3 points, that's it. Put it out of your minds. The whole something happened in Dubai thing is a nonsense too, Celtic have been going over there the past few years and consistently come back stronger in the second half of the season. It was the players buying into the hype, wrong attitudes, 55 is wrapped up, they are shite, await the Timplosion. Gerrard should have never allowed any of that to get near the dressing room. Thats his job, control expectations. This board was overflowing with it also. At the end of the day, he has barely finished playing, was taking Under 18s and is a complete ROOKIE as a manager. Walter would have had a solid winter break, had them training and feeling like they had lost the game at Embaradise, and have us back after that grinding out 1-0 wins all the way to the title. The fact that the refs are utter gash, might have been touched on by Walter, but he is too long in the tooth to get sucked up in conspiracy theories, he would have understood dwelling on it helps nobody but your enemies. He would have taken control over the squad and used the money Stevie has been given 1000% times better. Straight after the game on the 29th is where it was lost in my humble opinion
Walter has retired deal with it

Where is this level of celebration coming from. Where does it say you shouldn’t celebrate when you Win a game?
Is there a chart somewhere that says how much you Should celebrate?
or is it just some ex scum players who decide we are celebrating too much?
I loved seeing our manager being happy after a win, I would love to be seeing it more at the moment.
but really who decides what way we should react?

Celtic had won eleven domestic games in a row prior to the 29th. They simply took up where they left off after the blimp and got back to what they were already doing and have won ten in a row domestic games since then too. I think we would have to go back to the lower league seasons to see numbers like that from us.

Sorry, but the idea that what we're seeing from Celtic now is just a continuation of pre- 29th is false.

They were toiling before Christmas...getting over the line, certainly, but their fixtures were very favourable. It was us who had all the tough away games. Had Celtic had their trips to Pittodrie, Motherwell, Kilmarnock etc before Christmas, I think they'd have dropped points.

Our squad is 2nd to Celtic in ability, that's why we are 2nd. We have I think 9 more points than we had last season so let's get behind SG, see if we can close the gap, win the Cup and more amazing European results starting with Braga tonight. We are improving as a club, we need patience.

Sorry, but the idea that what we're seeing from Celtic now is just a continuation of pre- 29th is false.

They were toiling before Christmas...getting over the line, certainly, but their fixtures were very favourable. It was us who had all the tough away games. Had Celtic had their trips to Pittodrie, Motherwell, Kilmarnock etc before Christmas, I think they'd have dropped points.
'getting over the line' that is why they are top, we have not closed down games since the break, St.Johnstone the most recent example, 2-1 up and in control and we make an arse of it.

That celebration has set us up for all sorts of insufferable copy cat gloating from that wee rancid troll Neil Lennon. It was a massive mistake.

Dont think Walter was ever in a position where we hadnt won there for 10 years.

Absolutely true, we also just lost a cup final in very dubious circumstances and yet we were criticized by all and sundry as being bottlers. We went on a great run after that final up to beating them, too right we were gonna celebrate. Lots of reasons why we have collapse since then but over celebrating isn't one of them.
One thing I would say expect celebrating and gloating 10 fold from them should they win at Ibrox

Back