The problem with Ojo and Aribo

For me the difference is Aribo looks as if he's got talent, Ojo doesn't.
Ojo has talent though, we've seen flashes of it this season.

Aribo might be the more talented of the both but Ojo at his best could definitely do a job for us, we just need that to be more consistent.

what nonsense. some hit for an utter dud this. he could be doing more, but we need to wrap this "he's shite" pish.

Ojo was like a man down that entire game if we're being honest.

I know he scored a worldie, but he actually shat out of a challenge right before it.

Both have loads of potential but they look like they need more time to adjust to Scottish Football

Borna being the prime example

The have to want It and the gaffer has to give them game time to get it

The problem is when you’re in a dog fight can you afford to take the time to get these boys up to speed.

I suspect Kent will probably come in to replace Ojo more often now that he’s fit, but we have no choice but to be patient with Aribo and hope like Borna he finds his groove.

I really think Ojo is better on the right?

Our wingers are all very direct with the exception of Ojo. He wants to cut inside all the time and lay off a pass. See if he tried to beat the left back and failed every time , that would Please me more as it would mean his confidence levels are up. Other issue is he gives off in his body language that he couldn't give a toss whether we get beat or win. He has been non existant recently and shows no desire to change a game. Given his attacking role that is worrying. He needs sat down and explained what it takes to play for rangers but I'm assuming that he already has and can't actually cope with that mentally.
Aribo for me has something that the rest of our midfield don't. It is up to the manager to get him positioned on the field to show what he can do.

Both are inconsistent. Aribo has looked good in about 75% he’s played and Ojo has a 25% hit rate. I believe Aribo will be a player and Ojo goes back to Liverpool at the end of the season with our best wishes.

Never seen such a disinterested player as Ojo clearly looks as the last Liverpool loanee who couldn’t wait to get back down the road, (Ejaria)

I’ve got every faith that Aribo will turn into a star player, just needs a bit of time to adapt to playing in the SPL and for a team like Rangers with the level expectations. Ojo is just pure gash!!

For me the difference is Aribo looks as if he's got talent, Ojo doesn't.
Ojo has bags of talent, he didn’t sign a 5 year contract with Liverpool for a laugh. Did you see his goal against Feyenoord? He just needs to show it. It’s also worth noting how both Ojo and Aribo are very young.

I’d personally like to see us developing our own players like Hastie who has already shown their stuff in this league instead of gambling on the likes of Ojo.

Just to be clear though, Ojo’s stats are good and he obviously full of potential but he is lacking the maturity and workmanship that is required to play for a club of our size & the only team benefitting from this is Liverpool.

We are in a battle to re-establish ourselves at the top of the Scottish League & we cant afford passengers.

Last edited:
Aribo was playing in Singapore and was travelling back. He's being raved about and its been noticed at higher levels. Ojo for me is and out and out striker, not a winger.

what nonsense. some hit for an utter dud this. he could be doing more, but we need to wrap this "he's shite" pish.

It was only a matter of time before someone brought that goal up.
The guy is not contributing on a regular basis and for every one hit wonder strike he then gives us 5 games in an empty shirt.
Sorry but in my opinion he's a dud and giving us nothing on a regular basis.

Ojo has all the tools to be a succes in this league,pace,power etc,I just think he lacks belief and confidence.

Aribo needs to start asserting himself more,he seems to quite like taking a step back rather than grabbing the game,which he has the ability to do.

Both need more time to adjust,unfortunately their at the wrong club for that as we need their top form now.

We did play Aribo further forward against Celtic. He was horrendous in that role
Yeah you are right we stuck him out the left wing for the first time in the biggest game of the season and it didn't work, therefore, it never will.
The team was a shit show that day and Aribos position was only 1 factor in that.

Ojo has bags of talent, he didn’t sign a 5 year contract with Liverpool for a laugh. Did you see his goal against Feyenoord? He just needs to show it. It’s also worth noting how both Ojo and Aribo are very young.

Bags of talent? I've already said he's got a cracking left foot but for a wide man he can't beat a player.

22 really isn't that young in footballing terms if we're being honest.

Aaron Nemane had a long term contract with Man City - so what? He was still brutal for us.

Back